H.R.3962 - Affordable Health Care for America Act

To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes. view all titles (10)

• Official: To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Affordable Health Care for America Act as introduced.
  • Short: Affordable Health Care for America Act as introduced.
  • Short: Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Affordable Health Care for America Act as passed house.
  • Short: Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2009 as passed house.
  • Official: An act to provide a physician payment update, to provide pension funding relief, and for other purposes. as amended by senate.
  • Short: Preservation of Access to Care for Medicare Beneficiaries and Pension Relief Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Preservation of Access to Care for Medicare Beneficiaries and Pension Relief Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Preservation of Access to Care for Medicare Beneficiaries and Pension Relief Act of 2010 as enacted.

• Michigander 11/07/2009 2:00pm

Any body can copy & space OLD MAN

bkrueg 11/07/2009 2:12pm

A product of the public school system no doubt.

justamick 11/07/2009 3:33pm

Hey hey, cool down there, I’m a product of the public school system and I dont drink from the Obama punch bowl.

justamick 11/07/2009 3:31pm

And anyone can troll. You could actually make an legitimate argument rather than spout single minded foolish rhetoric.

But I guess you follow the ideals of der Fuhrer Hitler and Comrade Stalin right? Why else would you support reeducation and internment camps like the ones that you’ve discussed previously in this discussion board.

Honestly, I’m so sick and tired of people like you coming on here and demeaning our LEGITIMATE objections to this Health Insurance Reform legislation. It is that SAME kind of narrow mindedness that you accuse your opponents of. That’s called being a hypocrite. That is so weird, that’s what you call your opponents too! You people will really do anything to forward you socialist agenda’s, wont you?!

• Michigander 11/07/2009 2:14pm

Enough is enough, no more crap from bkrueg. You and your peers have literally screwed up this country. Go to a retirement home and RETIRE.

bkrueg 11/07/2009 2:29pm

I can see how someone like you would feel threatened.

bkrueg 11/07/2009 3:02pm

I promise not to hold your lack of education, youth and inexperience against you.

• Michigander 11/07/2009 2:15pm

How abot a racist Catholic School System.

bkrueg 11/07/2009 2:50pm

3rd grade?

justamick 11/07/2009 3:34pm

So if he disagree’s with you, he’s a racist? Typical.

• bravo6lima 11/07/2009 2:46pm

I’m now 39,married,3 daughters.Served in Fulda gap,Korean DMZ,Kuwait,Iraq,Somolia.Happy to do it.If the health care and climate crap bills get signed into law,I will weep for the Republic.bkrueg is right.I can’t afford the fines,increased taxes,and increases costs that these bills will create.Whats a law abiding fellow to do.Phone calls and e mails dont seem to work.Mass protests don’t seem to.maybe a little spent brass?Hope it don’t come to that.

bkrueg 11/07/2009 2:52pm

Well said.

bkrueg 11/07/2009 3:09pm

My nephew served with you there Captain in the Rangers. I am grateful for your service.

• nmeagent 11/07/2009 2:52pm

You do not have a right to health care, affordable or otherwise. You do not have the right to the life, liberty, or property of any individual, let alone doctors, nurses, and such. Just because government is currently getting away with this sort of nonsense on a massive scale does not mean that the American people are going to put up with it forever.

This bill is blatantly unconstitutional. It will either be swiftly struck down (as soon as the first case is heard by the Supreme Court, which could take awhile) or there’s going to be some serious civil disobedience (or worse).

flamekeeper 11/07/2009 3:16pm

Gentlemen, the notion of Robin Hood-style theft and redistribution within this bill is a notion of ignorance of the terms of the bill and an indication of not taking the effort to vet the math within it that proves it to be far more of an overhaul than a handout. It’s a bill about the reform of an existing, albeit now-dysfunctional, now-inefficient, and now-fraud-ridden system – a system responsible for the most fundamental of human essentials within a society that values life.

nmeagent 11/07/2009 3:37pm

Irrelevant. The vast majority of the fraud, waste, and abuse in the health care system is due to lack of competition and interference by government. Much of this would not survive real competition. By real competition I mean an actual free market where any individual can contract with any company in any state to obtain health coverage. This is FAR from what we have at the present time.

nmeagent 11/07/2009 3:39pm

What I’m really trying to say is that the best way to reform the ‘system’ is to eliminate interference in the free market and let us reform the system with our money.

• Michigander 11/07/2009 2:59pm

bravo6lima, I served at nortwestern intern program, I took my residencebat New York City Hospital and currently Detroit Beaumant. Bet I saw more blood then you did tough guy. Or should I call you Beaver. (Would you like a sandwich Beav) Yea, go ahead and spend some Brass BEAV!

justamick 11/07/2009 3:39pm

You’re incorrigible. All you do is demean people.

“I served at nortwestern intern program”… I’m sorry, from your selfish, self righteous rhetoric, I only see that you know nothing of service but everything of self.

You’re pathetic and you make me sick. Begone Troll!

flamekeeper 11/07/2009 4:56pm

I commend you for the idea and in theory, free markets should and usually do work. In practice, free markets of “essentials” are always gamed by greed for profit at the detriment of the greater universal good. Examples, you ask? I’m glad you did? 1996 Telecom Reform Act – result: WorldCom, Qwest, et al and now their CEOs are in jail and their employee’s 401Ks are gone 2001: Enron – result: similar story plus rolling blackouts in Cali and the forced bankruptcy of Pacific Gas & Electric and sky-high electric rates and jailings of the C-level execs, 2003-05: Finance reform – result: collapse of wall-street and some 2nd-world countries…along with your and my financial security and a lot of your and my friends jobs. Shall I continue? Free markets work best for consumables like computers and cars but not for the essential fundamentals of life and society, like health care, etc.

• bravo6lima 11/07/2009 3:01pm

To be honest,I’d rather be allowed to shop for health care across state lines.An open market would more than likely force these providers to lower thier prices if they had a bit of compitition.That would be way too logical for marxists to grasp.

• Michigander 11/07/2009 3:06pm

Or the Facist’s to grasp.

justamick 11/07/2009 3:48pm

says the one who wants to relocate all individuals who disagree with them… :O

• Michigander 11/07/2009 3:10pm

I killed Serving in Fulda gap,Korean DMZ,Kuwait,Iraq,Somol. I deserve healthcare. You are so sad.

• bravo6lima 11/07/2009 3:10pm

Michigander,at no point did I try to demeane you.Thata not very educated behavior.And yes,you probably did see more blood than me,it just wasnt one of your friends.And yes,I AM A TOUGH GUY,and very proud of that fact.I dont whine,cry,or bitdh.I act.Thats the differance between you and me.Your a sheep,and I’m the wolf.If you are what collegw(ha ha) turns out thses days,than this country is REALLY screwd.I’ll send my daughters to plumbing school before they go to any college you attended.Good job showing how “educated” you are “doctor”.Any time your in Pittsburgh,look me up.I work with sexualy abused children at South side CYF.Then I’ll show what “tough” really is,jerkoff.

• Michigander 11/07/2009 3:13pm

Yea and tell Mommy and Daddy I’m sorry Beav.

• bravo6lima 11/07/2009 3:15pm

I never said i deserved health care,nor did i say I had killed anyone.I leave that to the reader.Truthfully,I dont believe that healthcare is a right.

justamick 11/07/2009 3:52pm

bravo6lima, thank you for your service. I only wish I had the opportunity to serve in the same capacity you did. I know that we all do our part. Often times, sitting behind he desk, I wished I was out there with the war fighter, but in the end, what we all do is important. I wish you the best.

bravo6lima 11/08/2009 11:06am

Thank you,sir.Your role is as vital as mine was.

• bravo6lima 11/07/2009 3:19pm

bkrueq,I was with 10th mountain in somolia.I was on one of the retrieval teams trying to get those Rangers outa there.Those are some tough fellows,unlike the pondscum I’m relagated to replying to today.It’s amazing how hardcore people are when thier 500 mile away.