H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• whatsgoingon 06/24/2010 6:03am

All politicians are liars. It doesn’t matter if they are dems or GOP they lie. They say one thing and do another. They don’t care about us little people. It doesn’t matter if your rep or dem you’ll get screw one way or another from these guys. I wonder what would happen if everyone boycotted voting. They might just put anyone in office but would it matter? They lie to get into office and do opposite of their promises. If we all boycott voting maybe they would realize no one in our country supports any of them and their lies and they better do something to get voters again. It’s just a though and I know people will still vote regardless but I know my whole family will refuse to vote anymore so that’s a chunk of votes these liars will not get anymore. If anyone agrees with me spread the thought around and boycott voting. Let’s make a stand.

• chrissy3384 06/24/2010 6:08am

i really hope we get a answer today………..this stress is making me sick and I hate having my kids see their mother upset!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be a REPUBLICAN but HA HA HA they done turned my ass along with tons of other people I know into a Dem.! what LOW LIFE bastards we have controlling our lives!!! KARMA IS A BITCH JUST REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

carterpc 06/24/2010 6:12am

the people who did this to the good working folks of the usa who have paid their salaries for years need to be voted out….get the list and vote them out!!!!!!!!!!!!

• michaeldf 06/24/2010 6:25am

This is not a party issue, when I see comments pointing the finger at repubs it is obvious that people do not understand the bills contents. Dems and Repubs both need to be ashamed of themselfs for using a bill that was ment to help the american worker and attach all kinds of useless pet projects. It drives up the cost so it is hard for anyone to swallow. Reid give up the stimulus money, McConnell quit being an as@*$le. Be warned Reid, with Navada having a 13+% unemployment I am sure its citizens will be looking to tar and feather you.

• nivekeleets21 06/24/2010 6:54am

LOL I lost my job a year ago I was going crazy and needed to get back to work. So I took the first thing i could find. It paid 8 an hour I ended up losing my benifits because i didnt depleate my benifits account on the 29th by the amount of 37 dollars. I should have just not worked and waited to find a job that paid me what i used to make. LOL but thats what I get for trying.

• peytonsplace007 06/24/2010 7:06am

I was out of work for two years and finally got a job last December after going back to school (again)to pursue a career change. I feel this pain and think it is incomprehensible what the Senators are doing. From what I read at The Washington Independent, a Senate aid encouraged all constituents to flood the offices of Senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and Scott Brown of Massachusetts with phone calls and emails. They are the only hope to get this bill the 60 votes.

• loganstorm 06/24/2010 8:25am

OK ALL, THIS IS IMPORTANT- Here is a list of all Senators… only ONE click to get to their email- Write to EVERY republican to ask them to Vote Aye on 4213. It may not help, but we all know it can’t hurt. Do this asap- This link will take u to the one click for each senator email… We can’t keep bitchin without doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING…. Start here!!! C’mon guys…. I entered my form data (name address etc) on each one… then copied/pasted the same letter to all of them… took me about 1/2 hour to email every one of them. The Link:

loganstorm 06/24/2010 8:37am

After you’ve emailed all the R’s w/ the link I sent… then go back & email all the D’s who voted it down or didn’t vote at all. AND if you haven’t done so yet, sign the petition for the bill to go directly to the President… some say it won’t help, but we all know it can’t hurt!!! The link for the petition again is: http://uspoverty.change.org/petitions/view/we_demand_an_immediate_passage_of_bill_hr_4213_extension_of_unemployment_benefits
    If u go to the following link, there are other petitions that are related. Please, if anyone has anything else, SHARE it!

tmo520 06/24/2010 9:09am

I just completed doing this. One minor detail that shows exactly how out of touch they are is that when you’re filling out their form – you must include your prefix (Mr., Mrs., etc), and they want you to pick a topic of your email from a drop down list they provide. I think only one had UNEMPLOYMENT as an option to pick. What a frickin’ bunch of out-of-touch individuals they are.

wjp0023 06/25/2010 5:35am

I noticed that also. I sent email, after email and called Scott Brown’s office and nothing. Our senator from Massachusetts has turned his back on all the unemployed. After today millions will be left without any assistance. It is reprehensible that this has gone on for this long.

tmo520 06/25/2010 7:42am

Agreed – it is absolutely reprehensible that anyone in our government would allow AMERICANS to struggle trhough this. We are the first country to help for, and pay for, any other nation’s sick, poor, natural disaster striken people. Bottom line is that I can’t understand why WE (USA) won’t do it for our own citizens. We should be first on the list. I just don’t get it. I emailed every Republican Senator yesterday and begged them to pass this bill. I emailed Obama, too. I keep trying to have faith that something will work out. The problem is, the longer they wait, the worse it is for us all. Lord help us!

HopefromCA 06/24/2010 9:33am

loganstorm
    Thanks for the website. I will email them and also bookmark it.

• jpainter 06/24/2010 9:30am

Hope they do something before the rate of suicide is the next news story

• peytonsplace007 06/24/2010 9:31am

The Congressional Report now says that Reid has put the new version of the bill up for another cloture vote to be voted on tomorrow, June 25. :-( A step forward, sort of, but if the cloture fails, the bill is totally out of gas. I hope this does not happen.

I have no idea if a Presidental executive order can technically be put in place for this type of thing or not.

tmo520 06/24/2010 9:35am

they just have to pass this – i’m about to go crazy with stress and worry about this.

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 9:40am

I agree I am so stressed out and sick to my stomach and I hate having my kids see me like this :(

wjp0023 06/25/2010 5:38am

The President can put something in. He can because it is considered a national emergency. millions of people without assistance during one of the worst financial times in our history.

pkerby01 06/25/2010 6:03am

In this harsh economy it is a overwhelming feeling to be unemployed. I am 50 and lost my job 18 months ago. It is very difficult to be this age, alone in life and no job. It is mentally taxing to say the least. I have exhausted all avenues in looking for employment. But, I still look…everyday. I feel Congress is turning its back on the middle class people of this nation. I have paid my taxes diligently over the years and now that I need some of that money the Senate is refusing to help. Has Congress not thought about the alternative…starvation, homelessness, suicides? (Just to name a few of the challenges those of us that are unemployed are looking at without the extension). I do wish the President would step up to the plate.

• tmo520 06/24/2010 9:33am

I guess I won’t be receiving a reply from Lindsey Graham because I don’t live in SC. This is what I was emailed……

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you.

Due to the large volume of mail I receive, I regret that I am only able to respond personally to inquiries from South Carolinians.

As we continue our work in the 111th Congress, I look forward to supporting our troops in the War on Terror, repairing our economy and creating jobs, strengthening Social Security, lowering the tax burden on American families, and making the federal government more accountable and efficient.

If your correspondence pertains to a scheduling request, please fax your request to (202) 224-3808.

Sincerely,

Lindsey Graham

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 9:41am

I live in SC and I emailed him begging for help over a week ago and guess what the low life still hasnt responded!!!!!! why b/c he doesnt want to pass it!!!!!!!!!!

• chrissy3384 06/24/2010 9:42am

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY OBAMA CANT OVER RIDE THIS SHIT AND HELP US OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE I HATE BEGGING BUT SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!!!!

• Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 9:56am

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said the chamber will vote on the third version of the bill that includes an extension of federal unemployment benefits later today. If the procedural vote doesn’t attract the support of 60 senators, the measure will be dead.
    The vote is likely to fail as Democratic senator Ben Nelson and all Republicans in the Senate are expected to vote against the extension.

" Reid said if the vote is defeated, the Senate will move on to separate legislation aimed at boosting small businesses’ access to capital.

He said there would be no effort to strip out individual measures within the tax bill to pass them on a stand-alone basis, nor would any of the provisions be added to the small business bill.

sounds like today is do or die for 4213

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 10:04am

I cant believe these people if they dont pass it then I can see a war in the US happening b/c people will be stealing and etc just to help their family’s out.

• Jax26 06/24/2010 10:19am

I hate to say it but this bill is dead. Nelson will vote with the Republicans and the three that they could have swung have all said that they will vote in favor of the filibuster. Reid has already said that the Senate will move on if it is defeated and “may” revisit it in the future but I highly doubt it. I would suggest that everyone here start thinking of what a Plan B looks like for your individual situation. My wife is out of work and I have had to completely revamp our entire budget to even have a chance of making it through – albeit a very small one. I am still shocked and sickened that in today’s America the unemployed are used as political pawns with absolutely no concern for what happens to them. Don’t kid yourselves either, it’s on both sides. This legislation should have been resolved back in December but it was always put on the backburner or bandaided and now we are the the ones who are paying for it. Both sides have completely failed and the country will backslide.

• loganstorm 06/24/2010 10:31am

Here, I requested everyone write all the GOP Senators & Nay voting Dem’s…and to sign the petition. I forgot to remind everyone to write to the most important person here…. President Obama. Here is the link for his email:

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 10:39am

I just wrote the president

• loganstorm 06/24/2010 10:43am

I keep reading that I am expected to ‘move to where the work is’. If only that easy! If I can’t pay my current rent, how am I expected to afford to move, pay 1st/last/dep etc. for a new rental? Who’s going to rent to someone unemployed? Am I expected to pull my kids out of school, take them from their comfort, stability & friends and drag them down too? C’mon, think about it! It’s not that easy or affordable to just “up and move where the work is” Also, think of the economy if everyone moved?? Crazy, irresponsible thinking. They say the reason they don’t pass this is because the don’t want to increase the debt our children have to pay. I have two kids- if this doesn’t pass, they won’t have to worry about how to pay it back, instead, they’ll have to find a way to move out of the shelters NOT passing this has put them in.
    I’m done venting- won’t have electricity to power up this laptop after next week anyway.

littleindian 06/24/2010 10:55am

Understood! I moved from one major city plagued with high unemployment to another that had jobs. lo and behold a year later this city is the same or worse and now I have nothing to move with!

ipsecchick 06/24/2010 12:22pm

I’m in the same boat as you two. I would LOVE to move to a better place where I could get a job, but I don’t have any money! I moved back to my hometown because my family said there were lots of jobs here. Two years later still no permanent job, my Cobra health care just expired, and now I have no more unemployment. And I still have to pay my family back the $ it cost to move HERE. My senators are voting to pass the bill, but I’ve contacted them anyhow. I got 1 response, and I could tell that they hadn’t read my message, they just sent a form response. I vacillate between panic and total depression.

• lordgotmilk 06/24/2010 11:00am

If they don’t find a way to get through this, they aren’t thinking that they will enable their own defeat at the polls. When November comes about, my family will be at the polls, not only voting these people out of office, but standing outside the polls around what will be our home on wheels reminding everyone else why we are homeless. They are making the case to the American people that the time for revolution is here when “for the people, by the people” is viewed by elected officials as meaning “just those that we get money from”.