H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

lukester 07/30/2010 6:37pm

Thanks for the information. I plan on getting the 7 weeks.
    The Jeffco Job Service Center has a direct number.
    They told me to come in and then they dial the number(so you don’t have it).

I will keep you updated.
    Do you think CO will hit 8.5% by November?
    I am sick of applying for countless jobs with no response.
    This is getting to be scary.

lukester 07/30/2010 7:58pm

This could be good news for the 7 weeks.

• lordgotmilk 07/30/2010 12:54pm

An update, as promised. I’m in Ohio and have not yet received the retro payment. I was told Tuesday to call today (Friday) if I hadn’t received it yet. Ohio processed the EB benefits Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday they received an email from their technology department on how they were going to process them. Weds and Thurs this week, they were processing the largest 2 groups, those going into tier 1 and those going into tier 4. As I type this today, those going into tiers 2 and 3 are being processed. She said the servers would be taken down this evening and that it will be applied. She said that we should see our payments Monday or Tuesday at the latest and that Sunday when we file, it should process as usual. This was the first time I’ve been actually given a day, so it sounds like they have a working plan. If you are in one of the groups previously processed and haven’t seen a change, call them.

• ngccorp 07/31/2010 5:49am

2 years of unemployment compensation is unsustainable. People just can’t sit on their butt waiting for their perfect job to come along. Do something, but don’t sit at home and make your resume look like you’r a slacker that feels entitled.

lukester 07/31/2010 6:15am

ngccorp,

You are exactly right. I was laid off from my job of 15 years and loved giving up my 4 weeks vacation and 15 years of promotions and raises to make just under $300 a week to sit on my butt.

I served in the U.S. Army straight out of high school when I was 17 (88th ADA), did you?

So, as I sit here on my butt, maybe you should take the silver spoon that your mommy and daddy stuck in your mouth and shove it up your a**. You are probably an overweight momma’s boy who was born on third base and think you hit a triple.

If you are such a good capitalist, why don’t you give your job to someone from India or an illegal alien? I forgot, you have mommy and daddy.

BPennett 08/08/2010 7:45am

Thank you lukester….you said exactly what I was thinking…..just an agitator……

this is not some intellectual discussion here…this is pure numbers and 16 MILLION are unemployed and jobs are NOT available……end of story…..

jgallop 09/01/2010 12:26pm

What do you do go to unemployed worker sites and scold people? You’re a sorry ass!

• cyoung2ty 07/31/2010 4:57pm

Just wondering if anybody in New Jersey has received a check since the signing of this bill. I’ve claimed and received a form that said previous weeks were pended but I have a balance of $2358 on my account. Anybody… ?

• Abaratarrr 08/02/2010 12:16pm

it might be useful to other is people could post the dates they start receiving benefits again and the state were they live and if they are receiving EUC or SEB.

Zwyattw 08/02/2010 3:38pm

Representing CA: Received my EUC Sat July 31st.

• lordgotmilk 08/02/2010 7:01pm

A further update in Ohio. I’m going into tier 2 and Saturday on the website it showed all the weeks paid. Sunday I filed as usual. Today (Monday) I received the emails that showed the stubs from the payments. That means it will be in my account tomorrow morning around 9:30 am, including the week I just filed for on Sunday.

• minimoe 08/03/2010 8:34am

im in FLorida and STILL waiting to even claim.. They are really starting to upset me……….

• NickD 08/03/2010 8:37am

Just wondering if anybody that got payments this week just happened to get an EXTRA $44 PAYMENT? I live in PA and got my back weeks less than 4 days after the bill was signed, but I got last weeks today(I have to file every week) and when I looked, there was 2 payments. One was my normal check and a second one for $44. Can’t get a hold of the UC Service center because it’s so busy, just trying to figure out what it is and if it’ll be a weekly thing.

• brokechristine 08/03/2010 3:29pm

Well, got the first day under my belt…..This job is a real blessing, Happy for you Lordgotmilk, sorry to hear your still waiting minimoe- hang in there. You are all still in my prayers- hang on, good things are coming-

• enrico17 08/03/2010 5:19pm

To Lukester, your response to ngc corp was perfect!!! After reading I laughed for ten minutes. Good for you

• Abaratarrr 08/04/2010 11:18am

Lukester/colorado peeps,
    I just got off the phone with colorado workforce.

I was told not to expect anything this week and that they are still figuring out the eligibility and the programing for EB 2 told it could be 2-3 weeks. next week at the soonest.

The chick also told me that we did not qualify for EB 2 until July 10 they seem to be of the impression that we need a 8% TUR for three months strait not an average TUR of 8% for 3 months. She said we would only be paid retroactively back to the week of July 10.

She said they are implementing the tiers in order of 1, 2, 3, state extended benefits then state extended benefits 2. So we are last and they hope to start programming for us this week. Makes since doesn’t it, let the people who have suffered the longest continue to suffer longer then anyone else.

• Abaratarrr 08/04/2010 1:52pm

stokes1963 08/09/2010 1:29pm

Fight Washington Corruption in TEXAS 8-10-2010 at NOON

I’m a 99er in Texas and I’m desperate! HELP on Tuesday, 10 Aug 2010 at Noon

Tier 5 folks, I need your help FAST.
    Do you have any readers in Dallas, Fort Worth, Mid-Cities area of Texas?

…Our Message: Washington corruption is what put 99ers in the position we’re in today. They’ve snubbed the people they reduced to poverty. The longest-unemployed-workers did not create this depression, Washington did; with failure to regulate the banks, health industry, and corporations.

The EVENT is Tuesday:“Fight Washington Corruption Action” Here are the event details: Congressman Kenny Marchant District Office (Republican), 9901 East Valley Ranch Parkway, Suite 3035 Irving, TX 75063.

JOIN ME plus invite others to sign up for event, use this link:

• Abaratarrr 08/04/2010 1:58pm

The Americans Want to Work Act (S.3706)

Tier 5 – Unemployment Insurance

• What it Does: Provides 20 weeks of additional unemployment insurance for states with 7.5% or higher unemployment. This tier will benefit the people who have exhausted all of their benefits.
    • Retroactive Eligibility: Would apply retroactively to everyone who has exhausted all of their previous tiers in recent months. However, benefits would not be paid retroactively. (Example – If you exhausted your benefits 3 months ago, you would be eligible to begin your Tier 5 at the date of enactment. You would not, however, be paid out for the 3 months in which you did not receive benefits. If you are going to exhaust your benefits in 2 weeks, you will move right onto Tier 5 and receive your 20 weeks).
    • Requirements: People who are unemployed still need to meet current UI law requirements such as job searches.

• unemployedinMASS 08/06/2010 11:19pm

ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO GIVEUSOURMONEY DOT ORG??? SEEMS TO BE GONE?! :(

• sniperxess 08/08/2010 6:16pm

hi all!….

has anyone in VA gotten any payments? my girlfriend is still waiting to hear something from them but nothing yet.

i myself have started receiving my payment from NC…..and get this I also get the extra $25 buck. I thought that was not included in this bill.

sniperxess 08/08/2010 6:28pm

the VA site lets her file her weekly thing for the last 2 weeks but she still has nothing in her bank account.

is VA just that slow?

• Star58 08/10/2010 5:28am

I received back pay. The only thing is they are not taking out taxes and the phone is always busy. They are also extending my Tier 2 but I should be on Tier 3. I’m from Missouri, can anyone tell me how to get the paperwork mailed to me. I don’t want to end up oweing IRS.

sniperxess 08/10/2010 6:39am

yeah thats funny……here in NC Im assuming they have extended my Tier 2 also….cause i was on Teir 2 back in April and it was over in June. I did get a letter from them about monetary money for Tier 2 just a week ago. So thats kinda weird.

But OK……if they want to extend my Tier2 thats fine. just as long as I get all the other tiers.

• lukester 08/12/2010 1:33pm

Just got back from Help for Homeowners Community Event here in Denver.
    Drove 52 miles round trip, waited 3 hours to talk to a “counselor”.
    They told me to go get a job at McDonalds or Walmart and pay my mortgage!

Where is all the money going for this program?
    Are they helping anybody who has lost their job/career at no fault of their own? Anybody, please post if you have had success in a modification.

Abaratarrr 08/13/2010 11:55am

I got through on the phone today, they told me that they have started paying everything but SEB2 and that they are still doing the programming for SEB2 and that it could take another week.

Any other Colorado folks, expect to wait a week or more for SEB2

• Abaratarrr 08/18/2010 10:57am

Colorado, looks like we will see nothing until mid to late next week

“Colorado Dept. of Labor & Employment Since the recent extension we have paid over $44 million in federal and state extended benefit payments. Programming for state extended benefits 2 is near completion and payments will begin in 5-7 business days.”

• enrico17 10/24/2010 2:49pm

I cannot wait until Nov 2 to cast my vote against a long time Republican Congressman, who in previous years I voted for, because he voted nay to the unemployment extensions. However the election comes out at least I know that now it was my time to vote nay. This is what we all have to do.
    Hope you are all doing well.

• gramma56 11/21/2010 3:23pm

“HOMELESS FOR CHRISTMAS” is what I’m gonna be. I rent so I expect without Unemployment, I will be out on the street. I have gone through all the money I had. I am scared to Death. Thank You Congress.