H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 11:04am

they are working on this bill now you can watch at

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 11:15am

I am watching this on tv and trying to hold back my tears as I am scared to death that it wont get passed and my life that I have worked so hard for and to make my kids happy will be over with. Any sec. now I am about to have a major break down. :(

pkerby01 06/24/2010 11:55am

All we can do is take one day at time. Don’t give up!

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 11:58am

I’m trying not to it’s just so hard :(

• nivekeleets21 06/24/2010 11:21am

I will work for 1/2 of what anyone congress/senator works for! Can I have their job. Then put them on unemployment. Then when it runs out screw around with the one and only life line they have to paying their bills. I was watching cspan today. They were voting on making 2010 the year of the father. Really this is what they are getting paid for. I just cant belive the insanity of it all. The nuts are truley running the asylum.

Jax26 06/24/2010 11:27am

Yesterday they were voting on bills to congratulate some high school sports team for some big win. They obviously have no idea on what is really important. Hell, they keep saying that the deficit is the biggest concern amongst voters but multiple polls have shown that jobs, the economy and unemployment top the polls by a substantial amount – something like 48% to 14%

rbd1217 06/24/2010 1:14pm

I’m sure you would do a better job. I’ll vote for ya.

nivekeleets21 06/24/2010 1:51pm

Ok well thats one vote who else.

I think everyone here should email the whitehouse if they have not done so already. Keep it civil and no f*****g bad words ok.

• michaeldf 06/24/2010 11:54am

Sen O.S is right on someone needs to hang ried by his nut sack…strip unemployment out of the bill and address it as a seperate issue and pass it through

Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 11:58am

snowe just said that they would pass the unemployment portion as a stand alone even if it was passed as emegency spending and not paid for. Reid said earlier today that he will not allow it to be voted on as a stand alone issue,

michaeldf 06/24/2010 12:06pm

Reid new this 2 weeks ago..and was also asked to use stimulus money to help push it through, he refused both options..With such a high unemployment rate in his state you would think he would try to do the right thing..Although he has no chance of being re-elected so why do anything…what a legacy

michaeldf 06/24/2010 12:15pm

vote is happening now

loganstorm 06/24/2010 12:23pm

Pray harder than u ever have right now….

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 12:29pm

I am praying so hard right now……..i had to take a anxiety pill b/c i’m going crazy

• Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 11:56am

it looks as though reid added some provisions to this bill last night that he knew would not be able to pass, he purposely killed this bill last night. We are screwed. http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN2.aspx

• Jax26 06/24/2010 12:14pm

voting now

• Jax26 06/24/2010 12:40pm

Failed – 57/31

• loganstorm 06/24/2010 12:41pm

OMG NOOO

• Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 12:41pm

failed 57 to 41, we are screwed.

• njcoolchik 06/24/2010 12:41pm

we just got screwed.

• Jax26 06/24/2010 12:44pm

Republicans are now offering a vote on a 30 day extension paid for with stimulus. Dems blocked it.

• Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 12:45pm

HR 4853 is a one month extension just proposed by McConnell, the democrats are blocking it.

• nivekeleets21 06/24/2010 12:46pm

We just got it hard. I vote to defund the senate!

• Jess01869 06/24/2010 12:47pm

hell yeah Dick Durbin! He’d have my vote.

• michaeldf 06/24/2010 12:49pm

We are all f…ed

• Jax26 06/24/2010 12:49pm

This has become an “I want to win” argument between the Dems and Reps. All they have to do is split it into a separate bill but that would be admitting defeat so they would rather make the political point by burning the unemployed. To them it’s just time and tactics. To us it’s about living.

• Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 12:51pm

Now the idiots are talking about the oil spill, which is stupid because there is absolutely nothing the senate can do about it.

So thats it they are through with us

nivekeleets21 06/24/2010 12:55pm

I know they are like wtf what should we do now. Well one of the other idiots are like lets talk about something we cant fix because were not engineers. Then the stupidity just keeps going on.

• Jess01869 06/24/2010 12:54pm

I’d take a month extension…I need to pay July’s rent on my new home after being evicted from my old one 3 weeks ago for non payment of rent (no job call backs/cut off unemployment)!!! It’s better than nothing at all… or maybe I’ll get lucky and get a job THIS month cause I’ve had such amazing luck doing so in the last 8 months!

Jax26 06/24/2010 1:00pm

At this point, anyone would take a one month extension. But for many, a good chunk of that will be eaten in late and overdraft fees. I can not believe how disappointed I am in the government. I’ve never been an anti-government person but there is definitely something broken with the current congress. The have an infantile attitude and unwillingness to compromise even when they know it’s the right thing to do. It’s become a system of “making the other guy look bad makes me look good” as opposed to “doing good things makes me look good”. The federal extensions add ~$5B into the economy weekly – what do they think is going to happen to employees of retail outlets like grocery stores when that money is no longer coming in. It’s going to get alot worse before or if it ever gets better. I truthfully believe that this might be the beginning of the end.