H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 1:04pm

it was actually a one month extension of the deadline to sign up for existing tiers, so it would allow people who are out of benefits to get 13-20 additional weeks depending on what tier they go onto and their states total unemployment rate.

ridinghero1990 06/24/2010 1:07pm

I would take an extension… any extension. I can’t go onto Tier 4 or the State Extended Benefits unless they pass something. Just as I’m getting things on track, the rug is pulled out form underneath. But that’s what happens when you’re dependent upon corrupt politicians. Once it passes, and I find work or get my own business running, I’m going to make sure to do everything possible to avoid this situation ever again.

• ridinghero1990 06/24/2010 12:58pm

Why would you pray? This bill is in the hands of corrupt politicians. They’ll spend hours and days talking about nothing. Now we’re getting a long boring talk on oil. These people get paid to do nothing. Dems need to separate the bill and focus only on the emergency unemployment. The Republican party… they’re just worthless.

• michaeldf 06/24/2010 1:00pm

They all need to look for a new job…job creation what a joke..who is fooling who. politics at its best..Dems and Repubs should be ashamed of their actions..time to call the cc companies and tell them sorry, then again the number 1 business using overseas outsourcing.

• whatsgoingon 06/24/2010 1:00pm

These upper crust, Harvard “educated”, whitebread twerps have f*cked with our lives long enough. It’s time for ARMED revolution.

• michaeldf 06/24/2010 1:02pm

who gave him the recent campaign contribution…I sure it was the company that owns the oil skimmers

• peytonsplace007 06/24/2010 1:04pm

Well, they did it. US Senate failed on the cloture vote 57-41. No Republican voted for it. 2 Republicans were absent & and Democrat Nelson of Florida voted Nay. So no unemployment extension. The bill is dead. Freakin unbelievable. At this point, why don’t the Dems take the $$ out of the stimulus package? They are just as guilty. My ex-husband, daughter (we shared custody) and step-son now how to move in with me…he was being evicted since his benefits were cut off 4 weeks ago.

ridinghero1990 06/24/2010 1:05pm

Something will pass at some point, I see so many people feeling hope, then hopeless, then back again. Try and relax. It may not be passed yet, but something will pass in some form. It has to…

Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 1:07pm

Reid said earlier today that if this bill did not pass today(which it didn’t) that the issue would be dead and he would not allow another vote on unemployment benefits.

Abaratarrr 06/24/2010 1:13pm

its over for us and so is reid’s job in the senate. No way are the people of Nevada going to vote him back in after he screwed everyone over like this.

michaeldf 06/24/2010 1:21pm

he is already aware of this, that is why he is doing this..f..k them on the way out

whatsgoingon 06/24/2010 1:09pm

Yeah, after we lose our homes and have no food to feed our children.

• michaeldf 06/24/2010 1:12pm

Good Night all
    Time to come up with a plan to rob AIG, they have money, ours

lordgotmilk 06/24/2010 1:13pm

Alright….It’s called misdirection….get em looking one way while we walk out with our tax dollars in hand the other way.

michaeldf 06/24/2010 1:17pm

sounds good im in

lordgotmilk 06/24/2010 1:19pm

Let’s see….who’s going to walk in and tell them that there’s a bill up that will give them more “bailout” dollars….that should get them looking the other way while we run off with ours.

michaeldf 06/24/2010 1:22pm

The sad thing is that they would believe it.

lordgotmilk 06/24/2010 1:24pm

Unfortunately, so would the rest of us…

nivekeleets21 06/24/2010 1:53pm

I am down!

• noel132123 06/24/2010 1:19pm

I say let’s do them what the French did to marie antwoinette and her bunch they basically told us to eat cake so i say off with their heads!!!!!! and can any body answer this what happened the use of th executive order why hasn’
    t the pres. done any thing about this oh silly me we are poor they dont care.

sehall57 06/24/2010 9:00pm

Marie Antoinette? More like what they did to Mussolini and his family – tied them to the back end of a wagon and dragged their “A’s” through the cobblestone streets of town.

• ridinghero1990 06/24/2010 2:43pm

Man… just accept the Republican 30 day extension, or work with them to make a 60 or 90 day extension, so both parties can win somewhat, and so people can get their benefits or move on to another Tier. Then come back and try and pass another extension without all the other stuff in the bill. Enough talking about it… you’re not going to change the Republican mindset. They voted no, so make changes until they accept it. This is like trying to nail a square peg into a round hole.

• JohnB 06/24/2010 2:47pm

LETS SING IT TOGETHER…Washington’s answer to Main St.

Party Boys – He’s Gonna Step On You Again

• loganstorm 06/24/2010 4:09pm

Good Grief Congress!! The GOP WILL pass it if they either 1. use stimulus money or 2. as a stand alone… WTF? Why can’t this be done? They even agreed to a 1 month extension … which would at least buy us & them some time to debate it!!! So sick of this BS….They won’t see this, they won’t even read the emails (of which I’ve sent 100’s), The Dems say they’re for US? If so, they’d agree to any of these 3 options … “For the People” my ass.

tmo520 06/24/2010 4:30pm

loganstorm – AGREED! i am sitting here crying wondering what we’re going to do and trying not to let my 8-year old son see me. this is BS. i’ve sent emails to everyone i can think of, including the president. i’m actually shocked because i truly thought they would reach some sort of an agreement that would get us through for a little while. what do we have to do to be heard on this? i’m frickin’ amazed. WTF is right.

• brokechristine 06/24/2010 4:37pm

start contacting your local tv stations and ask why the hell they aren’t shoving a camera in the faces of these bastards and asking why they would do this with the 4th of July around the corner- my local media isn’t doing any coverage at all- It would make for great media coverage locally and maybe if we get more press it will help us- Most people don’t realize that if your not part of the original 99’ers your cut off too. Why is local media covering car wrecks when they talk about this trainwreck? I hate to say it but this 4th of July spin would make a great human rights angle…… I don’t know who else to complain too either….I’ve burnt up the phone lines and emails also…lets all try using local media- it couldn’t hurt…..

• brokechristine 06/24/2010 4:42pm

I am just as important as any wall street bank….I have a right to live….Congress didn’t have any problem with the budget until those f’ers at BP decided to douse us in billions of gallons of oil…..Congress is just like upper management ….riding the backs of the working poor- or the now unemployed even more poor….sickening….shameful…..

• Star58 06/24/2010 4:42pm

So that’s it then? I can’t believe it. I have been through my retirement. No unemployment. I have a disabled husband that can’t get disability. They say he’s diabled, but not enough. Even though the doctors say he is totally disabled. I am the sole support. We will be in the streets next month. How much does Welfare pay for a family of three? Anybody know. I’ve always worked so I don’t know. What will I do?

• JohnB 06/24/2010 5:16pm

If unemployment causes people to be lazy, then social security causes people to live longer. Should we cut that too?

• tmo520 06/24/2010 5:30pm

check this out – BS – Un frickin believable……