H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• JohnB 06/25/2010 5:11am

I don’t like it when people point their fingers at the unemployed and make a broad statement calling us lazy or not will to take a minimum wage job. Most of us had good jobs, great incomes, good retirement plans….then Wall St and Washington crash the market, causing housing prices to drop, people lose their jobs and retirement savings….and they now tell us it’s OUR FAULT ? BS!!!!

• Alant 06/25/2010 6:01am
    + 11

Dear Senators, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for giving tax breaks to companies for moving overseas causing me to be laidoff. Thank you for voting against the ext. for unemployment, now we don’t have to decide what to eat today because now we can’t buy anything to eat. Thank you for calling me and millions of Americans out of work “lazy and dead beats”. At least now we really know how much you care about us. Also I would like to say congats on giving yourself raises, I will sleep better underneath some tree in the woods knowing you will not be going hungry. Last but not least, Thank you for turning my America Dream in our American Nightmare. I do have one question, How can you live with yourselves after turning your back on your own people? You send our children to war with other countries so those countries can have a better life while you let your own fellow Americas suffer. Oh I forgot, they have oil! In God we trust, In our government, we no longer can!

loganstorm 06/25/2010 6:22am

Very well said… put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. We should also thank them for their strong reserve, how they can be so fkg strong while they’ve left us feeling lost and hopeless. Maybe they can come up with the words that I cannot- to tell my sons that we have no home.

pkerby01 06/25/2010 6:43am

Wonderfully spoken! I and many others (I’m sure)applaud you for your comments!

Chris51 06/27/2010 10:04pm

12 Democrats joining a unanimous Republican bloc, the US Senate voted Wednesday (6/16/2010) to defeat a proposed extension of unemployment.
    The Wall Street Journal reported last week that American corporations have increased their cash reserves to $1.84 trillion, the highest figure in history. In other words, big business and the banks, after an unprecedented bailout by the public treasury, are hoarding the funds that could put millions back to work. The cash reserves of major corporations have jumped 26 percent in one year, the largest percentage increase in nearly 60 years. The cash reserves of working people, and particularly the unemployed, have not been so fortunate… change.org

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 4:53am

Amen! Think they will ever get the message!

• nikki8712 06/25/2010 6:47am

It is a very sad day here in America when you have people who can extend a helping hand to others and chose not to just to spite the President. It is Ok to spend billions upon billions of dollars on an endless war and throw money away on other countries. But, not assist tax paying, voting citizens what a shame.
    Now this; there will come a day when you have to give an account for all you do and don’t do.

• peytonsplace007 06/25/2010 6:55am

And to add insult to injury…the Republicans call the unemployed “stray-animals” and say the $$ is spent on drugs.

njcoolchik 06/25/2010 3:59pm

This is incredibly disgusting yet helpful to have a list of senators who believe this garbage. I will be sure to bookmark this for this upcoming election year.

• unionman 06/25/2010 7:08am

Remember the republicans at Election Time.If they Cannot Stand By the Working Men And Women of this Great Country, at a Time of Need, Then Do Not Stand By Them When They Need US, on Election Day.

Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 10:23am

? the republicans proposed a unemployment bill again yesterday and the democrats would not allow a vote on the bill. not the democrats but a democrat reid. Don’t be a sheep read what is really going on or watch the hearing on cspan. Both parties suck ass don’t fall for their tricks.

michaeldf 06/25/2010 10:32am

exactly my sentiments

• brokechristine 06/25/2010 7:41am

a local newspaper is doing an article on this topic- send them an email and mention this site like I did and check back on it, www.Bucyrustelegraphforum.com- (ohio ) contact your local newspapers and tv stations and demand they interview your states Republican nay sayers and maybe we can humiliate them they way they have “the stray animals” AMERICANS…I just want to see one reporter ask some Rupublican like Senator Bunning how he can knowingly put American families outdoors like trash……

• Alant 06/25/2010 7:41am

Hitler had 6 million Jews killed
    3 Million Americans died in Civil War
    5.7 Million Americans died in Korean War
    8.7 Million Americans died in the Viet. War
    16 Million Americans died in World War 2

May 2010 Labor reports 15 Million Americans are unemployed
    June 24 2010 US Senate refuses to pass Ext. of unemployment causing Americans to go homeless and hungry ……….Congats Senate, you may have just caused the second highest death rate in history! I don’t think thats what our forefathers had in mind with making America number 1

Alant 06/25/2010 7:47am

Sorry those were total deaths, not just Americans So US Senate, you might just reach the top after all

• leslierickard 06/25/2010 8:53am

5 Mins. ago the New York Times reported that Republican Olympia Snowe has written a letter to Senator Reid urging him to seperate the unemployment from the larger bill, she WOULD support that…if she does surely other reps. will follow…we need to conntact Sen. Reid and let him know we want him to do this!!!!!!!

michaeldf 06/25/2010 9:01am

She is my new hero…her comments yesterday prior to the vote were right on
    Reid has already stated he will let the bill die…its back to the drawing board or an executive order.

carterpc 06/25/2010 9:19am

this guy has followed this whole thing thru and he really is informed I admire his strength to get info out to the people and his heartfelt words. Today I am disgusted to be an American who made these Senators and Congressman rich. I paid huge taxes for 37 years with no tax breaks especially after my kids were grown and gone.

michaeldf 06/25/2010 10:08am

Exactly what I have posted for a week…I am also in California and am disgusted with the present situation. My point with Senator Snowe is she is seeing through the BS and made it clear that they all have an agenda and its not supporting the unemployed. People of the great state of Maine should be proud of her stand and effort on this issue even though she voted ney. Im my opinion reid and mcconnell both should be strung up, this is not a party issue this is about a helping hand to the taxpayers of this once great nation.

Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 10:18am

Ried has already said he will not allow for a stand alone vote on an employment bill, you have to understand reid is not about helping the unemployed citizens he is trying to prevent democrats in the senate from becoming unemployed by manipulating stupid people.

• Wanda1964 06/25/2010 9:26am

Ok – I sent this to both my Senators in Ga last night – Thanks Congress for not doing your job and getting down to passing HR 4213 and helping those who need it, and not those you do not. Excuse me for this, but an it makes me think of an old saying “Better to be pissed off than pissed on”. Well if you are unemployed, you are BOTH right now!!! Way to go Congress!!! I am sure you will take another vacation on July 4th – while some of us may have to vacate our homes!!!

I say – call, call, call and remember if there is an “I” in front of their names this November VOTE THEM OUT – I have had it with them ALL !!!

• brokechristine 06/25/2010 9:45am

go to the top of this screen and hit votes- then look at the right hand side of the screen and see who voted- then start at the top and click on your first nay’ sayer…then when that screen comes up go to the right of the screen and click on their email and let them know exactly what creeps/thugs/domestic terrorists/poor leaders/etc…you think they are- surely they’re expecting hate mail for the way they voted….lets give them some….

Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 10:15am

As of Wednesday they had an agreement to get enough votes to pass this bill, Wednesday night for only god knows why reid added provisions to this bill (for instance a decrease in social security benefits) that he knew would cause it to fail, they are playing a game to manipulate the stupid people.

michaeldf 06/25/2010 10:20am

Go to Reids website and view his press release it is enough to make you sick
    and while your there drop him a love note…

njcoolchik 06/26/2010 1:56pm

would you please post the link?

Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 11:15am

why would somebody you are mean to try to help you?

I have an experiment for you to try.

first with bags in both hands while leaving a store spit in someones face and yell “hay punk open the dang door can’t you see me hands are full”.
    Report your results.

Next with bags in both hands while leaving a store smile kindly and say " excuse me, I need need help, young man could you please get the door for me"
    Report your results.

You will attract more flies with honey then with vinegar (not sure why anyone would want flies though:/ )

• ridinghero1990 06/25/2010 9:56am

Olympia Snowe said she’ll vote yes if the unemployment extension is separated. So I can’t imagine nothing ever getting passed. The ball is in the Democrats court now. Produce a bill next week with just the unemployment extension and it will pass.

Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 10:12am

the republicans put forth another standalone unemployment bill yesterday, Reid will not allow the senate to vote on the bill, it will pass if Reid will allow a vote, all the democrats and most of the republicans are for helping the unemployed it is specifically Reid the democratic leader that will not allow a vote on a stand alone unemployment extension, he plaid the same games in 2008.

• Jess01869 06/25/2010 10:24am

I am not a drug user, I don’t even smoke cigarettes and when I’m prescribed Vicodin for severe pain from kidney stones, I don’t even like to take them and even rarely do. At this point I’m convinced that the drugs they accuse the unemployed of doing wouldn’t cause nearly as much harm as what they are doing by not passing this bill. And who is the lesser of the 2 evils-Rush Limbaugh or Orrin Hatch? I really can’t decide!

• denise32 06/25/2010 12:29pm

My husband is goind through the same thing.He is a displaced worker and after his regular benefits were exhausted He is suppose to start trade adjustment benefits. But can’t get a straight answer out of any one when he calls the Unemployment office.We should start a relief fund like all Natural Disasters.Get the media involved to get our voices heard.