H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• sniperxess 07/24/2010 5:56am

this was posted on the front page of NC’s:

On July 22, 2010, the extension of the Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC08) program was signed into law. The new law extends the filing deadline, but it does not provide for additional EUC08 tiers. The ESC is working with the Department of Labor to implement this change as quickly as possible. If you are currently filing for benefits please continue to do so. If you are not currently filing for benefits our agency will notify you on how to reinstate your claim.
    For more information, click here.

• lordgotmilk 07/24/2010 6:16am

Ohio’s site has information. Read the last paragraph and tell me what you think. The way it’s worded, if you were already receiving the $25, you still will, but no new claims get it. Is that what you make of that?

• BenjaWiz 07/25/2010 9:57am

More money being spent and yet again more debt at this rate we will be taxed even more say 60% I’m pissed.

• Jess01869 07/25/2010 1:56pm

So do I get to move on to Tier 2 or not? My last check from tier 1 was June 7th. I’m so confused cause I’ve been doing my payment requests bi weekly since I got cut off. Anyone?

• brokechristine 07/25/2010 3:39pm

I have run out of the original 26 weeks, now that the extension is ok’d here is what I was advised to do by a friend who works the “unemployment dept” @ ODJFS (Ohio). Never call the call center ph# listed on all of your mailed paperwork- “they’re temps and don’t know what they’re doing or saying”. "always call the 877 PH# listed in yellow on the Ohio Unemployment On line site. As soon as possible- call and request to do the required paperwork for extended benefits- same questions like before, also did you work for railroad, out of state work last 2 years?, military and the what is the least you will work for jazz. Then make sure they back date it from when you got your last 26 week payment. MAKE SURE!! Get and keep the confirmation # they give you after the extension paperwork is done. Did mine Sat 7-24-10 on hold for 3 1/2 hours….she also said call on Wednesday (more workers on phones) at least in Ohio anyway. then I was told it would be 3-4 weeks b4 bulk payment is deposited

• brokechristine 07/25/2010 3:43pm

Oh almost forgot Ohio has extended phone hours now…..when you call, if it says busy hangup and use your redial feature (like calling a radio station)and just keep doing it over and over until you get into the phone loop hold and keep your cell phone charger ready….trust me you’ll need it. Don’t hang up or you get to start all over again…..goodluck….remember your competing with about 150 thousand other Ohioans who are doing the same thing….

• brokechristine 07/25/2010 3:46pm

Sorry I keep remembering more after I think I am done….we will not get the $25 dollars and we get 20 more weeks which is Nov 30. Again,my situation is that I was done with 26 weeks and this is the next extension that just got the ok last week in Senate.

• Abaratarrr 07/26/2010 11:27am

Hell just froze over! the republicans are trying to pass 16 additional weeks of unemployment benefits for the 99ers.

Republicans to “Turn Ninety-Niner Help into 15 Million Votes this November”

Abaratarrr 07/26/2010 11:35am

when you people are making your calls and sending your letters make sure you ask the aids if there congressperson plans to support the republican sponsored unemployment extension that provides a 16 weeks tier 5 for the people that have gone through all of the existing tiers.

Maybe it will start a race to see who can get their tier five on the floor the fastest.

Star58 07/28/2010 4:38am

I sent the article to MSNBC. Please don’t fall for the rhetoric. Take the money 99ers and vote Democrat or Independent. But not Republican. Don’t be used.

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 8:45am

we do not need to get into an argument over whether we prefer Budweiser or Bud Light (doesn’t matter which one you choose the company still gets your money), I would hope our focus here would be to have benefits extended and to do what ever it takes regardless of our personal cult affiliation to get a tier 5.

There will never be a 5th tier or weeks beyond 99 as long as the democrats continue to believe that if they do nothing the republicans will take the blame.

They have yet to even propose a tier 5. Baucus publicly stated that 99 weeks Pelosi said that they will not pursue another tier of benefits, Nelson voted against the last extension.

We need a tier 5 saying that you will blindly do as your cult says regardless of whether or not they help or hurt you, hurts our cause. Vote for who ever you want but in the mean time at least try to pretend to be paying attention to which individuals are helping and hurting our cause

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 8:47am
    • Baucus publicly stated that 99 weeks is enough
    Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 8:57am

Snowe and collins have always been our friends even though they are republicans, Tom Coburn has proposed adding a fifth tiir and several ways to pay for it. Other then Coburn, Sherrod Brown is the only senator that has offered to help us, we will need all of their help to get a tier 5 yet you say we should blindly vote out people that try to help us and we should should blindly vote for people that are hurting us such as Nelson and Baucas?

this is not a party issue we need to offer to stand behind anyone that offers to help us and we need to publicly say that we will vote out anyone that does not help us regardless of cult affiliation.

Please don’t get sucked into the games the political parties play.

Nodlee87 07/28/2010 10:08am

Take the money 99ers??? What money? There is not going to be a Tier 5 extension so that means there is no money for the 99ers.

• mikeqhawaii 07/26/2010 11:45am

my god – there may be some money to be made here. selling warm clothes to those poor souls in hell who will be needing them here shortly thanks to what the republicans are working towards. but alas, i’ll believe it when i see it.

• Star58 07/26/2010 1:23pm

Has anyone heard from thier states yet about when they will get the checks?

Zwyattw 07/26/2010 1:54pm

I check on the status of my checks today and was advised that I have 3 checks that were mailed today 07/26/10 totaling $2700. This is the best news I’ve had in weeks. I’m in California

whywasilaidoff 07/26/2010 6:09pm

I have been checking here in Missouri and all the website says that money will be available in 1-5 weeks. Again the money is being held hostage.

• denehee 07/26/2010 4:01pm

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that is great news that they passed the extension! I am writing up here to try and get some brainstorming ideas. I was laid off in April ‘09 and for the life of me cannot find a job. I am not trying to complain or anything because I know a lot of you have it 10x worse than I do. I am a 29 yr old single male. I have my MBA and a good work history and just got rejected from another job that I went on an interview for on Friday. It seems hopeless……I really thought I would get this job. Anyway, enough of my sob story. I’m trying to figure out a way we can help ourselves….unemployment will eventually run out for everyone. We need to figure out what to do before that happens – and I know it has already happened to the 99ers, and am I truly sorry for that. However, I would welcome any brainstorming ideas, thoughts, or methods that anyone can come up with to get us out of this mess.

Allana1 07/27/2010 4:15am

My only idea is to move and/or go back to school. It seems here in Ohio there are more state jobs in Franklin County (Columbus) than Cuyahoga (Cleveland). I had decided to go back to school and take a course in medicall terminology at the community college. Apparently you can’t get a job directing people to rooms without knowledge of medical terminology. I know how you feel I can’t even get a job at a drug store. Mind you I don’t have a degree like you but I was making way more than minimum wage. I know that your salary history will be used against you because managers feel that it would be a waste of time to hire you because as soon as you get a better offer you’re out of there. So that may be why you are getting rejected. Anyway good luck!

• sniperxess 07/26/2010 6:42pm

whats weird is that here in NC…..ever since my benefits ran out the end of June…I have not been able to file my weekly certification……told me my benefits had been exhausted every time i tried. Well last night i tried it for the hell of it and it let me do it like normal as if i was doing it to get my money…. So i dont know whats up.

• Jess01869 07/26/2010 7:26pm

Texas where I live, apparently doesn’t pay retro pay and benefits til August 4h…that makes 2 months without a check. I’m confused because I got cut off as Tier 1 ended for me and was waiting on the bill to pass to get to Tier 2 but I can make a new claim July 31st. I’ve been making my payment requests bi weekly since June 5th so I don’t know what’s going on as far as expecting backpay. so confusing!!

lordgotmilk 07/27/2010 7:16am

Here, in Ohio, I was told that these would be sometime this week. In my control panel, it shows where I’ve filed including this weekend and it shows all those payments as denied, but two people in class with me just had the lump payment hit their bank accounts. I’m not sure what to do now other than try calling again when I get home from class. So, some are getting it, both of them are on the State extended where I just needed to be moved to tier 2. Guess I’ll try to find out again.

lordgotmilk 07/27/2010 12:13pm

I talked to them today at the 1877 number (main office?) and was told that they are using a program to go through and process them. She checked my account and said that there is nothing there that will hold mine up. As to the others in class that received theirs today, I was told that they are currently doing the Extended Benefits first and plan to have them all paid out today and their overall plan is to try to get all the retro payments out this week, so that they can go into next week “business as usual”. Again, this is Ohio.

jrhill 07/29/2010 1:42am

lordgotmilk,

I also file through ODJFS and when i checked earlier in the week, my pending filings were also shown as “denied”. I also tried to contact them to figure out if I would be receiving my retro or not, but I was not able to get through to a human on the spaghetti twist phone system they have setup and it just kept hanging up on me..

So we are ok then is what you are saying if these are listed “denied” ?

thanks bud..

jrhill

lordgotmilk 07/29/2010 2:33am

Every time I’ve called I’ve brought up that those are showing as denied and was told that it’s because their program hasn’t gone in and processed it yet. They told me if I didn’t see a change by this Friday, to call back in. I’ll keep you updated on this if anything changes, but as of now it’s still showing denied on mine as well. That works for me anyways, because while on hold, it puts me in front of the computer long enough to really dig around looking for jobs I wouldn’t find elsewhere.

jrhill 07/29/2010 7:39am

interesting.. i just logged into ODJFS to look at my claims and my claims that were marked “denied” are now missing! then i checked my bank, and no deposits yet..so maybe it’s in process?hows yours lookin?

jrhill 07/29/2010 7:40am

whoops.. i was looking at the wrong page..

whoops.. i was looking at the wrong page..nevermind my last comment, they are still there… “denied” :-(

• need2know 07/27/2010 9:19am

Hi! Is there anyone who could tell me what the total amount of weeks are for EUC in Maryland? Is it 73? And what tier is MD listed under? Thank you in advance!

• ridinghero1990 07/27/2010 10:13am

I received 6 weeks of payment today in Pennsylvania. That was fast, good job PA!