H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• lefisca 03/18/2010 7:25am

This bill is supposed to allow the people who are only on Tier I through III the courtesy of remaining on unemployment as long as those who are on Tier IV. It isnt really fair to give most people 99 weeks of benefits, but then cut others off after a few months. They probably aren’t adding a Tier V because they assume that people can find a job after 2 years. Go flip burgers.

dartcanyon 03/19/2010 9:09am

This will help those who still have Tiers left but it does nothing for those of us who have run out of Tier 4. Bill 4851 is the same. Unless a bill is introduced that specifically adds Tiers for the remainder of the year then the rest of us are doomed. There isn’t even any talk about another Tier. Washington is too damn busy BSing people about the healthcare bill that will do nothing to ensure good/better care for Seniors and on debating and spending money on a bill called Potty Parity which gives an equal amount of bathrooms for everybody who works in Federal buildings throughout the US. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and they have the nerve to say unemployment is down and the economy is better. They must really think we are a bunch of dumb nitwits.

mrscowhall 03/19/2010 10:45am

If there were jobs flipping burgers we would. Your knowledge of this issue seems to be impaired. THERE IS NO JOBS… What planet do you live on, or maybe the recession has caused you to lose touch with reality. We are in tough economic times and for every one job available there are at least 7 people applying for it. Get a clue!!!

• mrscowhall 03/19/2010 10:59am

Well again we go through the same routine and we all know that this is just the prelimanary reports. This bill does noting for the long termed unemployed and we are still in a recession. The jobs are scarce if any and we are expected to find employment when companies are still laying off workers due to not being able to afford to keep them on. There is definantly something wrong with people who dont believe that we are in a recession and think there are jobs out there for the picking. Wake up!!!. I am a 43 yr old woman who has a degree in business and I have been unemployed since 04/30/08. I send out 15-20 resumes per week and no one has responded. So, you tell me, is it my fault that the company I previously worked for, laid me off, went out of business or maybe its my fault that comapnies are not hiring. If I had the power to make those kinds of changes dont you think I would at least create a comapny for myself, hire myself and other unemployed workers. Get real!!!!

• richc 03/19/2010 12:16pm

I am soooo tired of reading these comments from the people that we must be lazy or go flip burgers,,,etc. I am long term unemployed and about to run out,,,and there are NO JOBS. And these tier 1 @ 2 people just got their safty net till the end of the year and now they want to start back biting the rest of us. If your not going to post positive comments OR information to help the rest of us,,,please keep it to yourself.

mjr6 05/21/2010 5:16am

rich c, I agree with you, but please don’t lump all “those tier 1 and 2 people” togther just because of one person’s ignorance! (they are probably employed and pretending to be one of us!) I am one of those tier 1 people, who by the way will be out of benefits by the end of the month if HR 4213 is not passed soon and very soon! I have also been writing letters, making phone calls, etc. etc. for support of my situation/extension as well as for yours and the other “99’ers” (adding a TierV). I will continue to petition, write letters, emails and make phone calls on behalf of all the people before me who have already exhausted their benefits as I truly believe that all of the “99’ers” still need assistance and should get it! I hope that you and the other 99’ers will do the same for me and the thousands like me as we all need all the help we can get and we need to do it together!

ccofbuffalo 05/21/2010 7:32am

not sure but i think our unemployment worrys are over i was watching the 12 news today in buffalo ny and there was a short piece saying the house and senate came to a agreement and unemployment will be extended thur dec 2010 and the bill will pass within a week yea im someone who only got 26 weeks and doesnt qualify for any extentions unless the bill was passed so im happy

USCITIZEN10 05/21/2010 12:10pm

I guees we all need to be focus on the World News Vine web page, to get the breaking news about our petition and if we are included in the amendment for the H.R.4213.

legalgal0403 06/14/2010 5:04am

I too am one that has only drawn 26 weeks of unemployment..“I missed the deadline by one week” according to the Dayton, Ohio unemployment office. I have tried following this legislation…to no avail.

But, as of late Friday afternoon, I do not believe that this bill has passed the Senate…if I am wrong…will someone please correct me?

• Spam Comment

Walnut12 06/16/2010 10:29am

This bill not passing today for some reason doesn’t suprise me one bit at all. I have paid my taxes for 20 years and never collected unemployment until this past year. I just exhausted my first extension today and the guy on the phone tells me no one has any idea as to if I will get my tier 2 extension. It figures right us Americans that pay are way and do as we should are always the one’s left in the cold. While Congress plays with our lives and gets richer by doing so. How is is that we have money to help other countries but when it comes to helping our own we are broke. I am sorry but I am severly frustrated and this bill needs to be passed one way or another. To Congress, just remember every extra day that passes by millions of peoples lives spin down the black hole we call society in America today. Help “US” to live our lives!

USCITIZEN10 05/21/2010 12:06pm

Yes I agree with you.I’m also a 99er and so far I know that the Congrees will pass that bill but only extending the deadline for those already in the extensions.So we the 99ers are out of that legislation.Yesterday at 2:00 pm EST,there was a representative from MAYDAY S.O.S and all the others organizations that are fighting to get a Tier 5 named ISSA DECKER who was in the office of senator Reid handling 25,000 petitions signed for all the 99ers,hoping to get heard from congrees and be added to the amendment to H.R.4213.

• lrc 03/20/2010 12:31pm

I agree, it is hard to find a job. I was just laid off in Oct. 2009, after 15 years at the same company. I will exhaust my state 26 wks 5 days after the cut off date. Under the current rules, I will not be eligible for ANY extensions. I have applied everywhere including “flipping burgers”. Not one call for an interview. Another issue is when you are on UI, you have to be making 3 contacts per week, for your work search log. This leaves you in a situation where you may be applying for things you are not necessarily qualified for. No wonder we never get any calls back, employers probably just throw out 90% of the resumes. Let’s hope this bill goes through, the after effects will be bad if it is not. More foreclosures, default loans. This mess is not nearly over and we need help.

vote4whoandwhy 05/22/2010 2:46am

I have been working since I was 16 (now 42) and have been out of work since 2008. I worked for a residential real estate title and escrow company and prior thereto, in law firms in the capacity as a legal secretary. Let me tell you that I also am struggling to make ends meet and to find a job. I am noticing the same legal secretarial jobs being reposted every other week, and I am beginning to wonder if those companies are getting some kind of a kick back for advertising!! BTW, most jobs are posting, “must speak Spanish”!!! WTF!!!!I applied to fast food chains also, and I am sure they toss out my application too. It is so difficult NOT to be in a constant state of depression. I have sold ALL my valuable possessions that I had worked so hard for throughout the years just to make sure my dogs and I are fed and have a roof over our heads. I pray for everyone during this desperate time..hang in there all.

elmichle 05/25/2010 7:41pm

Thank you vote4. My benefits ran out last month. I can relate!

• Lynette1015 03/22/2010 5:59am

Well isn’t this just great!!! We will all have health care and no jobs for it to take effect in… I just love my goverment don’t you? I don’t need health care I need Food, shelter and clothing and being unemployed and no more funds to help just makes my day……..I’ll even bet that all those great people that stayed late on a SUNDAY to vote all got overtime!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up Washington,, we need money more than health care. I really believe that if everyone who is unemployed were working with good pay would really look at the HEALTH CARE issue different, I’ll feed my family before I go to the Doctor………..

• jmax929 03/22/2010 6:48am

I am reading comments,I have exhausted tier 3,so I guess there is no hope for me. I have been unemployed since March 2008.

• APascarella1 03/22/2010 9:10am

so what is the deal right now? im reading the bill and it says it passed the house and the senate. is the president going to sign it or not? my first 26 weeks run out this week and i dont qualify for tier 1 because i will be filing for tier 1 too late. is the president going to sign or not? so confused. shouldn’t he have signed it by now?

• Lynette1015 03/22/2010 10:47am

Are they going to fund tier 4? I called the state of Colorado and she said they were waiting to get word on the funding for other tiers, is she right? If anyone knows please inform me.

• MsDubya 03/22/2010 1:27pm

Everyone should write their Senators and Representatives and keep writing. I have written Schumer, Gilibrand and McMahon at least three times already. Today, I put in a letter to the White House.

Write, write, write, like we did before. NELP doesn’t appear to be helping they even say that there is not talk of additional help until the end of the year.

• yankees2009 03/25/2010 8:37am

for those out there who are in need of tier 5 sign this

• yankees2009 03/25/2010 8:38am

and post this petition every site you visit

this needs to go viral for change

• kdellinger2 03/25/2010 4:01pm

Petition your elected officials for Long-Term Unemployment benefits.

• MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:43am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

The GOP is once again blocking a bill to let unemployed move from One Tier to the Next AND TO ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL 53 WEEKS OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FOR LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED.

Read it for yourself: at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/25/senate-begins-game-of-chi_n_513620.html

• MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:43am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

I hope the GOP knows that they’re doing. FINALLY, I hope the GOP knows that there are many of their own constituents out of work. They really need to get over themselves with this crap! Post this story about the GOP anywhere you can. On any forum you visit and pass it along to your friends and family so they can in turn pass it along. The country needs to know what the GOP stands for and that’s “NOTHING.”

• MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:44am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

• MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:45am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

• MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:45am

• sassysally50 03/26/2010 8:33am

in my home town paper

June 25, 2008

Crime & Drugs Inc. always hiring

Some “unemployed” residents find crime to be their best source of steady income. Judge Richard Stevens of Western County Court says he noticed a 50-percent increase in the number of criminal cases handled by his court..

No doubt it’s going to get worse ..with people losing their benefits ..UGH

• Spam Comment