H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

need2know 07/27/2010 1:13pm

That is wonderful, PA! Such a blessing, especially today, with everything in such a disarray.

• alzoron 07/27/2010 11:53am

For those of you in Colorado, they’ve posted updated information on their website as of today. (7/27/2010)

They are paying people in stages depending on what Tier you were on.

Regular Unemployment to Tier 1: July 27, 2010
    Tier 1 to Tier 2: July 29, 2010
    Tier 2 to Tier 3: July 29, 2010
    Tier 3 to Extended Benefits: Sometime early in the week of Aug 1, 2010

Also, according to the Colorado website if you received the extra $25 FAC on your regular unemployment claim, you will continue to receive it through December 11, 2010

alzoron 07/27/2010 11:55am

Forgot to mention that during this whole extension mess Colorado achieved an three month 8% unemployment rate average. So Extended benefits were extended from 13 weeks to 20 weeks. Colorado still does not qualify for Tier 4 however.

lukester 07/27/2010 12:25pm

“put you on state extended benefits 2 if Colorado’s unemployment rate has been at least 8 percent for three months in a row at the time you run out of money”

What happens if money ran out in February?
    Should we “refile”?

If you ran out of money on state extended benefits (beginning state extended benefits 2).

You can get state extended benefits 2 if Colorado’s unemployment rate was at least 8 percent for three months in a row at the time you signed up.

State extended benefits 2 lasts for seven weeks.

We automatically put you on state extended benefits 2 if Colorado’s unemployment rate has been at least 8 percent for three months in a row at the time you run out of money on state extended benefits.

• sniperxess 07/27/2010 12:36pm

gah!….all these states on the ball about this….and i have not heard anything from NC.
    ANyone got any news about NC’s payment about when, how what, if and or but…????

lol

adrabon 07/28/2010 5:25am

got paid yesterday in south carolina $2022

sniperxess 07/28/2010 6:25am

Yeah i hear ya!….happy for ya too

NC dont say a darn thing on its website about when or who. They are so slack!!!!! and it makes me mad!

I dont think i get any retro pay…which is fine….that just means my tier weeks start with my first payment so it will go longer.

Im hoping.

adrabon 07/28/2010 7:57am

I really hope things work out for you. I will keep you and all others in my prayers

• Abaratarrr 07/27/2010 12:44pm

Colorado, looks like they are going to state paying the extensions possibly today and EB starting next week, here are the details

everybody sing along.

happy dance, happy dance, happy happy, happy dance
    happy dance, happy dance, happy happy, happy dance
    happy dance, happy dance, happy happy, happy dance Oh yahh.

lukester 07/27/2010 12:49pm

The wording says, “at least 8 percent for three months in a row AT THE TIME you run out of money on state extended benefits”.

Now it is a wait and see game again.

I ran out of EB last year sometime.

Nothing updated on Cubline – MyUIClaimant.

Abaratarrr 07/27/2010 2:21pm

i did not notice that part, crap i already had that money spent

lukester 07/27/2010 12:52pm

I am hoping this qualifies us, but very cautious as this around $3,000 and hate to be planning on something that is not 100%

Sick of all this B.S.

• Star58 07/28/2010 4:27am

YAY!!! I went to the website in Missouri and it shows that they have started processing checks. I can finally sleep. I pray that the 99ers get an extension too. People who are starting Tier 5 will need it later.

• Nodlee87 07/28/2010 10:40am

Is there any truth to this?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    PRLog (Press Release) – Jul 23, 2010 – Leading Republican strategist are working behind the scenes to brew up one of the most brilliant strategies ever devised to pull the rug out from under the Democratic party at the polls this November.

Monday, July 26, 2010 will be 99 days until the November election. New thinking suggests that select Republican members of the Senate will consider writing temporary legislation to help the group known as the 99ers. These are the lazy Americans who have wasted 99 weeks of government funded unemployment benefits and are seeking more free money from Uncle Sam. The fiscally responsible GOP has dismissed this notion as too costly and too heavy of a burden to place upon the deficit.

• Nodlee87 07/28/2010 10:40am

If so basically a select group of Republicans think the 99ers are lazy and don’t want to work. I am sure that more than 90% of the 99ers if not 100% would welcome the opportunity to keep a roof over their head, keep their kids healthy and provide them with food, but of course the select group of Republicans never had to worry about it, because their boss President Bush made sure of that and put us in the state we are in.

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 10:51am

Being that both parties have left the long term unemployed to suffer since January; I will vote for anyone from any party that proposes a tier 5. That is my only issue when it comes to my vote this year.

The politicians that propose and vote for a tier 5 will survive the politicians that continues to ignore us will be voted out of office.

• dlharris1189 07/28/2010 3:31pm

I am a 99er but I found that even through they didnt add additional tiers they will pay you the remaining balance in your claim. I had $1700.00 remaining for my claim year so now when I go on the website it says I have these funds available but they just havent been deposited yet. Before it was saying that I was paid the total amount in my claim and I had no more benefits available. Maybe this is some hope for others.

Nodlee87 07/29/2010 9:17am

Your one of the lucky ones!

Nodlee87 07/29/2010 9:17am

Your one of the lucky ones!

• Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 11:18pm

“Forty states have fewer jobs now than five years ago”
    “Overall, the United States lost 4.51 million private-sector jobs from mid-2005 to mid-2010, it said. The study used U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data from the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.”

when you add to that the fact that 150,000 jobs a month need to be created just to keep up with birthrates and legal immigrantion you can see how we ended up in so much trouble. 150,000 jobs times 60 months(5 years) give us another 9 million unemployed people.

• brokechristine 07/29/2010 9:21am

I wanted to get back with everyone and share my glimmer of hope. After all these months of worry, tears, prayers and doing without I finally landed a job! Yeah!! Better pay than what I was laid off at, with a 6month guarantee and an excellent wage after that! Well it’s back to eating Bondo and Paint for me…… Also, In Ohio I had registered by phone for the extension on 7-24-10 and had back pay in my account by 7-28-2010….. prayers and continued pressure on the powers that be for the 99’ers. For the 99’ers Rachel Maddow’s show on 7-28-10 talked about how the emails-phone calls and letters are being heard and that unions are organizing and paying for and transporting folks to nominations and midterm relection parties!!!! keep screaming!!!! your worthy, you are not bums-or lazy- your Americans who need help…God Bless

adrabon 07/29/2010 2:30pm

I am very happy for you. But remember God is in control. Good luck

whywasilaidoff 07/29/2010 3:23pm

Congratulations! Sounds like body work. My guy was laid off for 11 months from a body shop. Stay cool in this heat.
    God Bless the USA.

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:32am

Thank you- as the manager you have my promise to treat the guys with the respect they deserve, it’s a tough way to make a living….if people only knew what it’s really like….whywasilaidoff, hang in there. Be ready good things are coming….I’ll keep you all in my prayers…..

whywasilaidoff 07/31/2010 8:37am

Thanks brokechristine.
    God Bless You

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:17am

I completely agree- GOD had everything to do with it. I interviewed for this job in December 2009. I did everything I could to stay out of the automotive business, then the phone rang…and the door opened. I’m back to managing a body shop. God is Good- " After Job prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before" Job 42:10

lordgotmilk 07/29/2010 4:28pm

Congratulations on the job. I’ve had an offer of sorts as well. I’m not sure what to do with it. I was offered a reeeaaaalllly good paying job….will easily get in at least 20 hours a week at an insane wage that would easily have me making more than I’ve ever made…..by a lot. The hitch? He wants me to commit to getting my degree before starting working for him. I haven’t even begun a program. He can help me get through an associate’s in about a year and bachelors in just over 2 years. The only thing I’m stewing on is that unemployment will be over way before then.

Take care and keep up the good fight.

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:26am

You’ve been a great support for people here. I have prayed everyday for not just myself but for all of us who were put into these circumstances. I don’t know if you pray- or if any of you pray, but this trying time has certainly been a time to look up if you know what I mean. lordgotmilk, this could be the beginning of something wonderful- maybe the lead you need right away is going to be in that classroom- either way, you’ll have a degree backing you, that makes you more marketable. Sometimes we have to take a leap of faith. Remember you’ve got resume’s already out there- maybe one will come through as your working on your degree- and then you’ll still have that offer waiting on you when you get done with school. I’ll say an extra prayer for you- keep your heart and mind open- ask God to show you the way- it’s going to be ok.

lordgotmilk 07/30/2010 12:45pm

I just finished the conversation with my fiancé and she seems to be on board with this. It will require her and the oldest son to find work. I’ll be able to try to market my own business while going to school and hopefully pull in some cash here and there building websites (which will only add to the education since it would be an E-Commerce degree). That along with being wise with overage checks and we might be able to make it. I appreciate the prayers. I probably don’t bow my head and pray, but do my best to keep communications open there. God really needs an email address…lol.

What really got the fiancé in line with it is because if that job doesn’t pan out, I’d be marketable for jobs paying more than twice what I’ve been looking at now.

• Abaratarrr 07/30/2010 12:28pm

lukester,
    I got through to colorado workforce.

the agent didn;t sound to convincing but did say I was eligible for the next 7 weeks all retroactive.

He asked me some eligibility questions and made note on my account so it might be a good Idea to try to call. plan on it taking over 3 hours to get to get an agent.