H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• lordgotmilk 07/21/2010 12:55pm

I watched for quite a while. Before, I understood why the Republicans weren’t voting at the basic principles. Now, I see why. A majority of both sides agreed in February to do the right thing and pass the pay/go bill and since then, there has been absolutely no attempt on the Dem side to even entertain the idea of upholding the law they agreed on.

My perspective on this is that I’m glad it’s getting passed for my own personal needs and for the rest of you here, but I can’t help but see how quick the Dems are to point a finger at the other side when they AGREED to make a law that they refuse to try to live by. The Republicans have brought several options to the table to at least help in paying for some of this and their ideas are shot down without even a second of consideration. I can’t blame them for holding to the law, but I will research before November to see who was trying to uphold pay/go and who was just playing politics as usual.

lordgotmilk 07/21/2010 1:02pm

Also, the Dems are quick to point that the Reps voted for unemployment in the previous administration, but won’t know. There is a difference….there is now a law that tells them they should get it paid for.

Some of the ideas that have been shot down could have easily paid for this bill with added tiers and such. Both sides have guilty parties involved in all of this mess and we need to remember that in November. Harry Reid should be removed for blocking attempts at compromise and his supporters should be outed as well as any Reps that are just playing this game as a game.

michaeldf 07/21/2010 1:42pm

I agree..
    Both parties are at fault, and for Senator Reid, the wonderful state of NV will make sure he is not re-elected. The kicker is I believe his son is now running for governor in NV. The whole family is delusional and believe they are the best thing to ever happen to NV, with 12%+ unemployment. And the current vote is to stop attacking Arizona for protecting its boarders???
    which it will fail. Now it is just pissing in your neighbors yard for spite
    regardless if it make sense and its the right thing to do. Anyone who is up for re-election needs to hit the road.

Star58 07/21/2010 1:11pm

I think it’s called. You didn’t scratch my back so I won’t scratch yours. The Repubs are now trying to add riders to the bill they didn’t want Dems to do before.

• Star58 07/21/2010 1:06pm

Watching C-Span. Repubs want to add a rider to keep the death tax at 0. At a cost of 1 trillion over the course of so many years. The death tax is primarily for the rich. I thought they wanted to keep the deficit low.

• gramps 07/21/2010 1:29pm

The death tax is a killer for family farms and businesses. So many have lost their land because they can’t pay the death tax. In our family, the IRS valued it so high that we had to break it up and sell It was in thefamily for 3 Generations. There are ways to get around some of it but we didn’t know how our parent had it set up. It was not in a trust:We found out too late.

michaeldf 07/21/2010 1:44pm

mis-information and opinions are dangerous….

• michaeldf 07/21/2010 2:26pm

The current debate…what a joke if the technology is good there is plenty of investment out there. My wife owns a very successful business and it continues to grow by investing what she makes back into it. We pay our taxes ect… just another hand out…stand in line there giving the store away

• butterflyangel 07/21/2010 2:56pm

can someone plz tell me where it stands right now has the second vote happened yet, has it been passed to the house or are the republicans pulling their bs with us again. I cant watch it on c-span as i have been because my tv has been shut off because i couldnt afford to pay the bill.

michaeldf 07/21/2010 3:16pm

go to c-span.org your online????

candyland 07/21/2010 3:20pm

Yes it passed 59-39 a little bit ago. It goes to congress tomorrow for approval then to the president for signing, if we have no other hangups.

• tonydatillo 07/21/2010 6:18pm

You mean it goes to the house tomorrow.

• jereme28 07/21/2010 8:23pm

The House will be voting at 11am Est. tomorrow 7/22

• Jess01869 07/22/2010 12:42am

oh I sure hope it passes. So I never made it to Tier 2 and my last payment from Tier 1 landed on June 7th but I read that they are only paying back retroactively to people whose benefits got cut off June 2nd so I’m a little confused since I’ve been making my payment requests bi weekly ever since my last payment. Any clues?

Zwyattw 07/22/2010 2:16am

This bill will allow retroactive payment to anyone whose claim ended after June 2nd. If your claims ended prior to that date, you would have been allowed to go to the next tier.

So whether your claim ended June 2nd or 22nd you will be paid going back to the date your claim ended.

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 4:47am

Not if you have collected for 99 weeks or as they put it the “99 er’s” there is no other tier for those who have collected 99 weeks.

Abaratarrr 07/22/2010 8:48am

unless you are one of the ?2million people that have finished all the tiers

Jess01869 07/22/2010 1:34pm

thank you for the information!

• sniperxess 07/22/2010 5:41am

so does all this mean….that if someone has not yet collected 99+ weeks and even they have been unemployed for 2 years….and not exhausted all 4 tiers ….they will get unemployment money?

• sniperxess 07/22/2010 5:49am

this is what is confusing me, it is on NC’s websites…..

Individuals must exhaust regular UI benefits no later than the week ending May 22, 2010 and qualify for EUC08 Tier 1 effective May 23, 2010. Individuals must exhaust the first, second, or third tier of EUC08 no later than the week ending May 29, 2010 to qualify for the next higher tier*****.

My last payment was on June 20th and i cant remember what tier….i think tier 1 or 2 but no higher!!!

so what does that mean? i dont get anything?

Allana1 07/22/2010 6:35am

If you have any tiers left your unemployment will be reinstated and retroactive. Those instructions you were reading were for the last extension. So apparently you were in whatever tier you were in before 6/2 that is why it ended on 6/20 but you weren’t able to got to whatever your next tier was.

kozmicblossom 07/22/2010 5:05pm

anyone know when to expect benefits in Arkansas??

• sniperxess 07/22/2010 6:45am

ok gotcha….thanks for fixing my confusion about all that……

• adrabon 07/22/2010 7:06am

“According to the official, the projects will be part of a five- year, 7.5-billion-dollar aid package approved by U.S. Congress last year, which hopes to temper anti-Americanism in Pakistan by building schools, infrastructure and democratic institutions” This was not paid for.WHY. America can not get help but pakistan can 7.5 Billion. GET THE MESSAGE PEOPLE!! WAKE UP!!

• gerryd 07/22/2010 7:33am

WHAT CAN I SAY??? THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A LONG, DEMEANING, DEGRADING, HARROWING PERIOD OF SUFFERING AND WAITING AND BEING USED AS PAWNS BY THE PEOPLE WE ELECTED INTO GOVERNMENT POSITIONS!! MANY OF THEM SEEMED TO TAKE DELIGHT IN WATCHING US WALLOW AND BED. IT IS NOT BAD ENOUGH WHAT OUR EMPLOYERS HAVE DONE TO US, SOME UNNECESSARILY, BECAUSE WHERE I WAS EMPLOYED, THEY FIRED 25 OF US AND THEN REPLACED US ALL. THEN THEY HAD THE AUDACITY TO TRY TO BLOCK OUR U/C BENEFITS AND WE ALL HAD APPEAL HEARINGS AND WON!!! YET THIS IS ALLOWED BECAUSE PA IS AN AT-WILL-STATE!!! WE NEED TO KEEP PUSHING FOR MORE EXTENDED BENEFITS UNTIL THIS GOVERNMENT HELPS US TO FIND JOBS, OR MAKES LAWS TO KEEP CORPORATIONS/EMPLOYERS FROM DOING TO PEOPLE WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!! YOUR SELF-ESTEEM IS CRUSHED, YOU BECOME ANTI-SOCIAL, YOU GET PHYSICALLY ILL, YOU FEEL WORTHLESS AND IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE. THEY CARE MORE ABOUT ANIMALS/WILDLIFE/MARINE LIFE SUFFERING THAN THEY DO ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!

• mjh 07/22/2010 7:52am

and, what now is the official handling of the FAC as we move forward here with this bill, is it completely done for anyone starting ANY NEW TIER, or will it just not exist for those beginning UI state claims and successive tiers (no fac). I will be like many, be retroactive on a tier 1 dating back to last week’s payment.

• duckandcover 07/22/2010 8:01am

PART 1 – I have been “unemployed” from June 2004 until now. I looked for jobs for 26 long weeks, took my UE checks, paid my bills, found out there was another path vs. the UI line, and moved on. Nobody has ever called me and said, "Oh BTW you are now included some bill Congress passed that gives you retroactive UI payments for the extra 73 weeks that you did not get back when you got laid off. So, now you get to play catch up and get the same cut from the system everyone else gets…” I’d love to get an extra retroactive payment of around $36,500 for my fair share (at $500/wk average). What the F is really going on here? How come those who began getting UI payments 99 weeks or less ago get an extension from the Democraps but the folks who were laid off 100 or 101 or 1001 weeks ago and are still hunting and get squat?

• duckandcover 07/22/2010 8:02am

PART 2 – Have any of you unemployed folks who do get the full meal deal ever wondered if it was even a FAIR deal to begin with? Life is a carp shoot when it comes to which votes the Democrats will buy next. And, BTW, there are 8 million jobs sitting out there waiting to be filled by the 8 million plus who have been milking the new 99+ week gig for over two years now. Jobs no unemployment office I know of has ever bothered to tell anyone about. Those jobs are posted down under SMALL BUSINESS OPORTUNITIES. All you have to do is START YOU OWN BUSINESS. That’s what I did. When you hit 50 years of age and nobody will hire you because your medical insurance costs more and because you are over qualified and you are a white male and smarter than 99% of the hiring managers out there then you have little or no option but to get creative and start learning how to become your own boss.

• duckandcover 07/22/2010 8:02am

PART 3 – But the same option applies to anyone; white, black, brown, male, female, young or old. If you work for someone else get used to the fact that you are expendable and government will not suckle you from cradle to grave… not even the Demcraps. Once the November elections have come and gone and they get your bought and paid for votes then they will cut you off same as the Repubs. So, I suggest you wise up between now and then and ask the Democraps and Obama, “Why haven’t you used some of that $780 BILLION to teach folks how to start their own small businesses YET?” Good question huh? Instead they piss it away on worthless “stimulus” programs and pork, and bail outs, and tax credits for house buyers, and you name the jerk off ideas. What a bunch of losers.

• Abaratarrr 07/22/2010 8:42am

they are voting in the house now

watch here