H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

• cmaxlgh05 07/20/2010 8:35am

This exerpt from “Senate expected to OK unemployment benefits extension today”
    By Annie Lowrey 7/20/10 8:44 AM

“The bill does not include an extension of the $25-a-week Federal Additional Compensation funds, tacked onto many unemployment checks. It also does not include any of the other provisions originally included in or proposed for the jobs bill or extenders package: It does not close tax loopholes, or provide Medicare funding to states, or include funds to keep teachers and other state employees working. It also does not create an additional fifth tier of benefits; federal extensions only continue in states with higher than an 8 percent unemployment rate, and the maximum weeks of state and federal benefits remains ninety-nine.”

• Debbie119 07/20/2010 8:51am

Can anyone tell me, does this bill include extensions to take you through the 99 weeks or does it only include tiers 1 thru 4. To get the 99 weeks, it also has to include the 13 to 20 weeks of state extended benefits and no one can seem to tell me this?

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:29am

This does not add any additional tiers. It also doesn’t include the $25 extra. It does include a ton of pork barrel projects along with some amendments that were previously added to assure that the bill didn’t get passed.

• lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:25am

Well, he’s sworn in.. He really looks out of place in the sea of geritol…lol. Now it’s just waiting till they decide to actually work. I think they are taking roll call now.

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:31am

Here it goes…..

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:43am

Goodwin did vote Aye and got applauded.

dls52174 07/20/2010 9:47am

I am new here. Can you tell me how to track the vote live so I know when it passes or not? Thank you in advance.

Debbie119 07/20/2010 9:50am

Just stay here and someone will post yea or no when it does here in a minute or two

minimoe 07/20/2010 9:50am

We are just watching it live on CSPAN2

minimoe 07/20/2010 9:53am

We are watching it live on Cspan2.. If you dont have that chanell on your television you can watch it live on there website at the following link! http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN2.aspx

dls52174 07/20/2010 9:55am

Thank you. I have it online now at the link you provided.

minimoe 07/20/2010 9:59am

No Problem. Glad to help

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:55am

Let me say again, this is the most disorganized mess I’ve ever seen. How many of these Senators would get voted off the island for this in corporate America? Look it’s social hour for the kiddies!

This system needs completely reworked. If they were half as organized as a business needs to be, they could accomplish a lot more and work 1 day a week. I could go on and on with ideas, but until the House and Senate are full of common sense Americans, there’s no use.

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 9:56am

Filibuster Broken!!!!!!

• jtraylor 07/20/2010 9:41am

Speaking from a family of 6 that has been solely living on my income since the begininng of June, all I have to say is payback is a bitch! I hope that all these Republicans that are voting no and still going on all of their 10 day vacations while we, the people sit here wondering how to beg and borrow to pay bills and feed our kids remember that the millions of unemployed will be voting in November too!! I wich they could live in our shoes, I would give them a week, take all their money and make them sit a watch and wait, if this doesn’t pass, my family of 6 will have to move in with my mother in law, we are one payment from loosing our house!

• minimoe 07/20/2010 9:46am

I thought they usualy had a tally of the votes on the screen?? Or is that only in the House or something?

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 10:02am

I think that’s only in the House. Should be both, but I believe they do so since there’s so many more House Reps than Senators to track votes on.

• Debbie119 07/20/2010 9:48am

I feel like I am sitting on pins and needles

• minimoe 07/20/2010 9:56am

Got 60 on the Cloture!!

• Debbie119 07/20/2010 9:57am

IT PASSED!

• Jonascord 07/20/2010 9:57am

It PASSED, 60 Yea, 40 Nay

• lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 10:00am

Straight into a judiciary committee issue? Nothing to try to bring the actual vote to the floor? With the filibuster broken, it’s common to try to bring the actual vote to the floor. What the heck?

minimoe 07/20/2010 10:03am

Ya thats what I thought as well.. I know they have 30 hours to do so, but I was a lil suprised that they IMMEDIATLY jumped into Judiciary commitee

• minimoe 07/20/2010 10:01am

Now keep in mind the senate still has to vote on it again.. That vote was just a vote to see if they would vote on it finally within next 30 hours.. Then has to go to the House for another vote there

• gantoine 07/20/2010 10:02am

Now it has to go back to the House for approval. Hopefully, we will have a check by next week at the latest. And, a job soon.lol

• Debbie119 07/20/2010 10:03am

now, the actual vote only has to carry a majority, am I correct?

lordgotmilk 07/20/2010 10:10am

Simple Majority- 51 votes Debbie

minimoe 07/20/2010 10:13am

No we need 60 again for the actual Senate vote.. Everything must remain the same.. Status quo

Allana1 07/20/2010 11:38am

No it was 60 Democrats to break the Republican filibuster. For regular passage it takes 51 votes which they easily have.

minimoe 07/20/2010 11:49am

Yes Allana you are absolutly correct. I knew the second I posted that I was wrong but there is no stinking delete button lol