H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

ca23 06/10/2010 7:09pm

Its going to come down to which Republican Senators will vote with us. These are the 4 repulicans who voted yes on our last extension. Lets direct our fax/call/email and ask them to extend benefits and add and extension for Tier 4 whose benefits have ended. Lets target them also. Its all going to come down to this. Lets do this!

-Scott Brown
-George Voinovich
-Susan Collins
-Olyimpia J. Snowe

scottbrown.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/emailscottbrown

voinovich.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact

collins.senate.gov/public/continue.cfm?FuseAction=Contact

snowe.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactSenate.
bergcycles1

unemployeddad 06/21/2010 9:34am
in reply to Harmonzhouse Jun 21, 2010 9:30am

nope its right, killing time I guess

cshelan 05/28/2010 12:50pm

Did the May 28th vote on 4213 include the $1 billion allocation for the Summer Youth Employment provision?

DTyner 07/22/2010 9:57am
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 22, 2010 9:45am

I am blaming both sides…maybe all those up on Capital Hill should have their pay cut down to min. wage and try to live on that and provide insurance for their families…I bet if they had to do that for 1 month…they all would change their tunes…I cannot believe we actually elect these yahoos….I don’t care what side of the fence their on be it Rep or Dem…I don’t trust any of them…I voted for Obama hoping to see some difference from the last 8 years…and I am sorely disappointed..

ArmyMedicsWife 05/31/2010 8:09am
in reply to vmo1969 May 23, 2010 11:10am

The government won’t ever allow folks like you to be included in the unemployment numbers because they have to maintain the lie to the American people. “See? We’re making progress! Unemployment’s going down! Pay no attention to those folks who can’t collect money and are STILL out of work. They don’t count, really.” And folks believe that tripe.

The American people are apparently not “too big to fail” when it comes to helping out our legal citizens when they fall on hard times.

leslierickard 06/22/2010 6:34am
in reply to monday239 Jun 22, 2010 6:11am

I am a single mother of two, and a full-time college student. I do not qualify for welfare…beacause the unemployment I have received is considered “unearned income”. I also do not qualify for food stamps for the very same reason. My phone was cut off today, so its not looking like I will be getting a call about a job anytime soon. If this doesn’t pass my kids will be homeless next week, no job, no money…I really don’t know what to do. I have no family to help me out, I’m just stuck.

brokechristine 07/21/2010 9:20am

“What happened to the American innovative spirit?” Well I tell ya- "they squashed it right out of the common man- shipped it over seas- promised plenty and then forclosed on it. I do agree that the Govt should have been there to protect “The People” from those crooked, lying, bastards at GM and Goldman-Sachs but they (Bush and friends) were to busy making money from crushed innovative American Spirit. No one was watching and no one could touch them- thank God that will be different now. If they hadn’t given my job away with trade agreements, I could feed, clothe and feed myself. But maybe your right, the 60 hours I worked for 40 hours pay was me sitting on my ass- right before my dealership hit the GM hit list and closed, when you ask did that happen….right after GM got my tax dollar bailout. The rich intend to stay that way at the expense of people like us. We are but pawns to the 60 naye sayers- afterall,I am not nearly as important as a wallstreet bank. I’m just some American

minimoe 07/21/2010 9:24am
in reply to sehall57 Jul 21, 2010 9:09am

It was #4213 that got voted yesturday sehall57.. It reinstates all FOUR tiers. Puts everything back just as it was before, just extends the deadlines through Nov 30th 2010..

Not sure where you got that information your talking about. Its on your states unemployment website or something?

mikeqhawaii 07/21/2010 10:38am

you know, prior to all this i was very much an independent. now i just don’t know…..these republicans are like spoiled children in a grocery store. i’m amazed i haven’t turned on c-span to see them rolling around on the floor, kicking, screaming, holding their breath until they turn blue in the face because they can’t have something they asked for. what will they possibly gain by stalling the vote until 9:00 pm this evening? it’s not going to get them anything. it’s only going to hurt the people who need this aid who aren’t caught up in the power struggle.

what’s worse is what i feel will happen next. no matter what happens in november, the democrats will still hold enough seats to do exactly what the republicans are doing right now. translation. nothing gets done. at a time when we need the house and congress to move and make decisions there will be another clot in the system. i’m beyond frustrated with my government….and ashamed.

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 5:33pm
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 22, 2010 4:23pm

7 Days to Be Heard!!!

MY FELLOW 99ERS!!! Please contact your local news stations!! All you have to do is call… some are not aware of the 99ers situations…they have been broadcasting about the unemployment extension yet some do not know how bad a Tier 5 extension is needed for the 99ers that are suffering…the media is the only way to get Congress’ attention!!! Please call them and let them know how important it is for us to be heard right now!! WE HAVE 7 DAYS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

ExGOP 07/22/2010 5:34pm

TO ALL MY FELLOW UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS … LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD AND DON’T STOP FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR CHECKS.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:

THIS COULD BE YOU! ECONOMISTS PREDICT JOBS WILL NOT BE BACK BY NOV. 30TH! THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT A SMALL PICKUP IN 2012, BUT EVEN THEN THIS COUNTRY WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO CREATE 15 MILLION JOBS BY THEN. IN OTHER WORDS, ANY RECOVERY WILL BE SLOW. LET’S START NOW TO HELP AVOID THE CRAP WE ARE CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH.

P.S. PLEASE FORWARD THE PETITION LINK TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS TO SIGN. WE STILL NEED 11,000+ SIGNATURES TO REACH THE 50,000 GOAL.

ridinghero1990 07/22/2010 11:26am
in reply to Nodlee87 Jul 22, 2010 10:35am

What state are you from? In some high unemployment states, there is an extra 20 weeks after Tier 4, known as State Extended Benefits. We have it here in PA. After I get the last six weeks of Tier 4, I’ll move onto this now since the extension gives back the full federal funding for state extended benefits. Hopefully I find work before then.

tybeedac 06/23/2010 5:09am

I suggest that the Government provide stimulus funds to the long term professionals, who are unemployed by way of the Small Business Administration. These funds are available to anyone with a good business plan and excellent credit. That is the problem for many of us long term unemployed, who have lost their homes, cars, and have many of unpaid bills. All of which have resulted in the destruction of our credit ratings. We do possess the knowledge, fortitude, and skills to open our own small businesses and support ourselves, and create new jobs. We just do not have the credit. We want to be part of the solution – not the problem

SonsOfAmerica 07/22/2010 6:02am
in reply to JoshR May 31, 2010 5:33pm

In America’s economic hay-day (50’s, 60’s, 70’s) small business drove 70% of the American workforce. (Neighbor helping neighbor) Obama is creating a good environment for the small business to come back and create enough jobs for Americans, however, China and other outside influences to our currupt congress isn’t helping a thing. …How about this as a solution: we have over-filled jails across America; how about instead of serving years, the prisoners serve work hours (based on productivity, of course)in factory jobs… No work, no time off your sentence!… How many millions of jobs would this create? … How fast would republicans shoot it down? … “too much government.. it would hurt the world economy” (china)

satdog50 07/21/2010 12:48pm
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 21, 2010 12:12pm

They are going to drag this on for hours. Because they stripped this bill with nothing in it now and only a few getting deadline extention next week everything will look great in the unemployemnt figures because there are more who exhausted than who were kick off of the systems. The was a major mistake done in this Bill and I am afraid the few are going to pay like the Millions and millions who exhausted their benefits. Good luck to ALL Unemployed

MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:43am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

The GOP is once again blocking a bill to let unemployed move from One Tier to the Next AND TO ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL 53 WEEKS OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FOR LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED.

Read it for yourself: at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/25/senate-begins-game-of-chi_n_513620.html

I hope the GOP knows that they’re doing. FINALLY, I hope the GOP knows that there are many of their own constituents out of work. They really need to get over themselves with this crap!

Post this story about the GOP anywhere you can. On any forum you visit and pass it along to your friends and family so they can in turn pass it along. The country needs to know what the GOP stands for and that’s “NOTHING.”

satdog 07/12/2010 4:57pm
in reply to sassysally50 Jul 12, 2010 1:52pm

Politicians knows the job issue in this country there are too many exhausting benefits. Too many people out of work that need a lifleine. Get a Bill for Tiers 5 , 6 and extend it for one additional year and stop the games it is absolutely needed why are you continuing to do this. Democratics lead and get it done! Politicians spend money on other things without question why is it that this is an issue! Washington time is running out and patients by ALL Unemployed. There are not enough fulltime jobs to support Millions out of work.

Jess01869 06/23/2010 10:37am

I can’t believe this is happening. sickening. I wish I had the money to leave this country.

gerryd 07/22/2010 7:33am

WHAT CAN I SAY??? THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A LONG, DEMEANING, DEGRADING, HARROWING PERIOD OF SUFFERING AND WAITING AND BEING USED AS PAWNS BY THE PEOPLE WE ELECTED INTO GOVERNMENT POSITIONS!! MANY OF THEM SEEMED TO TAKE DELIGHT IN WATCHING US WALLOW AND BED. IT IS NOT BAD ENOUGH WHAT OUR EMPLOYERS HAVE DONE TO US, SOME UNNECESSARILY, BECAUSE WHERE I WAS EMPLOYED, THEY FIRED 25 OF US AND THEN REPLACED US ALL. THEN THEY HAD THE AUDACITY TO TRY TO BLOCK OUR U/C BENEFITS AND WE ALL HAD APPEAL HEARINGS AND WON!!! YET THIS IS ALLOWED BECAUSE PA IS AN AT-WILL-STATE!!! WE NEED TO KEEP PUSHING FOR MORE EXTENDED BENEFITS UNTIL THIS GOVERNMENT HELPS US TO FIND JOBS, OR MAKES LAWS TO KEEP CORPORATIONS/EMPLOYERS FROM DOING TO PEOPLE WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!! YOUR SELF-ESTEEM IS CRUSHED, YOU BECOME ANTI-SOCIAL, YOU GET PHYSICALLY ILL, YOU FEEL WORTHLESS AND IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE. THEY CARE MORE ABOUT ANIMALS/WILDLIFE/MARINE LIFE SUFFERING THAN THEY DO ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!

adrabon 07/22/2010 2:33pm

Everyone dont give up.Push through this.
P.U.S.H= Pray Untill Something Happens

tmo520 06/23/2010 2:11pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 23, 2010 10:57am

you’re right – i emailed Cali’s senators – i’ve already emailed the president (back in march) and got a reply a couple of days ago. a bunch of canned BS. this is unbelievable – pass the bill……………..

MTeinert 06/23/2010 11:33pm
This country needs some republicans to step up and do what is fair for the citizens of this country and vote to pass this bill. They’re supposed to be leaders but are following the commands of their political party for reasons that don’t add up for most Americans. This republican party is sticking together on this bill like a religious cult! Someone needs to step up, be an individual, and vote yes. I’m sure after doing so it will almost guaranty a re-election from the hundreds of thousands of people following this bill. I used to be a republican until George Bush JR. took office. He totally jacked this country over and everybody knows it and should admit to this. Republicans have no sense of anything but their own interest not of the people, no matter how ridiculous the argument. I’m ashamed to have once supported the republican party after watching the senators make such a weak argument and still have so many followers. Talk about the deaf following the blind. Can Obama vito this?
oneofthe30millionunemployed 07/13/2010 6:08am

The Senate isn’t even talking about the extension and it’s not even on their schedule for this week. I’m starting to wonder if they are even going to pass this at all. They think everyone’s just going to disappear into a black hole and forget about it or something. Unbelievable!!!!

MTeinert 06/24/2010 5:19am
I wonder what kind of smoke the republican party is going to blow up our ass today?
Abaratarrr 06/25/2010 10:18am
in reply to leslierickard Jun 25, 2010 8:53am

Ried has already said he will not allow for a stand alone vote on an employment bill, you have to understand reid is not about helping the unemployed citizens he is trying to prevent democrats in the senate from becoming unemployed by manipulating stupid people.

candyland 07/21/2010 3:20pm
in reply to butterflyangel Jul 21, 2010 2:56pm

Yes it passed 59-39 a little bit ago. It goes to congress tomorrow for approval then to the president for signing, if we have no other hangups.

gantoine 07/20/2010 10:02am

Now it has to go back to the House for approval. Hopefully, we will have a check by next week at the latest. And, a job soon.lol

minimoe 07/20/2010 10:01am

Now keep in mind the senate still has to vote on it again.. That vote was just a vote to see if they would vote on it finally within next 30 hours.. Then has to go to the House for another vote there

codemoney 07/11/2010 6:16am

I believe the soonest that this will be acted on is August since the WV legislature has to decide to let the govenor appoint someone.

Jonascord 07/20/2010 9:57am