H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

sassysally50 07/01/2010 3:10am

There will be no more torturous attempts to grant unemployment benefits to the 15 million unemployed. There will be no bills to add a Tier V for the million who have exhausted all benefits and still cannot find work. The benefits will end in November.

Good Luck everyone ..No reason to continue with this fight for additional weeks for the 99er’s..Pray that you find a job in this jobless recovery .. that’s the Only Hope left now ..

jaded 07/01/2010 3:16am

Over 2 million folks will have exhausted their benefits when the Senate returns from their vacation. I hope that they have a wonderful fun time (sarcasm)!!! Well they better enjoy it, because a LOT of them won’t be returning after November.

jrhill 07/01/2010 4:22am
in reply to noel132123 Jun 30, 2010 5:46pm

its procedural… if the senate leader does not vote then it lets the bill be brought up again in the future for another vote…

had he voted yes or no, it would be dead forever…

it’s just a procedure…

hang in there!

jbizzle85 06/30/2010 6:15pm
in reply to tmo520 Jun 30, 2010 6:02pm

i just don’t understand i know everybody is hurting, i think our (nv) unemployment rate is around 14%. And Reid wants my vote…. it’s almost time to steal from paul to pay back tom.

NeedJobs 06/30/2010 6:57pm
in reply to jereme28 Jun 30, 2010 4:49pm

Jereme28, sorry to hear about your son. Hang in there. Have faith in Senator Reid and the Dems. My blessings go out to Senator Byrd. Note, his replacement has been sworn in I believe on the 28th of June. Senator Daniel Inouye(D) will be in office starting next month (July).

jrhill 07/01/2010 4:10am
in reply to jereme28 Jun 30, 2010 4:49pm

how are you paying for internet access?

jrhill 07/01/2010 4:19am
in reply to Loriann123 Jun 30, 2010 4:57pm

it’s because the home buyer’s tax credit is already “paid” for with money that already exists.

The democrats “refuse” to pay for the UC extension.They want to print more money out of thin air for it and it looks like they do not want to negotiate on the matter.
Folks, the country is BROKE! I’m not sure what you all don’t understand about it.There is NO MONEY!Obama just robbed the federal treasury for like $3 trillion and tripled the deficit in under a year-he is handing fat bags of our money out to every special interest group as thank-yous for getting him elected.

We were all warned about this,we knew it was coming.yet 52.7% voted for it.This is the hope and change.I think we had better start getting used to it,because it is going to get much, much worse for many, many more people

Hang in there guys and keep the faith!Keep looking!

jrhill 07/01/2010 4:20am
in reply to jrhill Jul 01, 2010 4:19am

If 15 million illegal aliens are able to sneak over the border and get jobs the next day,then we can too!But it is harder unless they stop importing this poverty into our country. Not to mention food-stamps, free housing, $$ for a car, free education and healthcare.. I mean, come on!! Instead of giving our OWN money back to us hard-working Americans as we are out of work looking for jobs, it is given to “illegals” who refuse to follow the law and come into our country illegally, rather than following the rules.

I pray for us all! Remain strong and do not despair!

pamtech70 06/30/2010 6:27pm
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 30, 2010 6:23pm

And I bet she worked very hard for what she had….I know I did! I had the most taken out every week!!!???? Which was really hard. That was alot of money..and now, I have “ZERO” in my 401K………I have almost used up my savings…And crying does NO good! I am embarrassed to tell people that, but at least bills were paid, and my kids were fed..

jrhill 07/01/2010 4:12am
in reply to pamtech70 Jun 30, 2010 6:18pm

me too.. my 401k is pretty much gone..

Loriann123 07/01/2010 4:17am
in reply to jrhill Jul 01, 2010 4:10am

Right now I personally have a shut off, I’ve not paid for this month due to no money!

patsy1950 07/01/2010 5:25am
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 30, 2010 11:04pm

Watched the proceedings on c-span. Reid voted no.I was stunned,but then realized that he had to have a reason.He did.He is waiting for Senator Byrds replacement to add another yes vote.He knew at that point the votes weren’t there.I have read so much misinformation this morning.Several articles state only 1 no vote from the Dems.That is not true.I also read that McConnell proposed a 6 month extension using stimulus funds, when in fact he proposed a 2 month (June & July) extension stating this would give more time to come to a longer extension agreement.In the beginning of all this mess,I was so angry with the Repubs,but I have come to realize that the Dems & Repubs are using all of us as pawns,and it is a disgrace that our own Congress has put us in the position of such desperation for their own interests.I am embarrassed, at age 60, to realize I have been underestimating the maliciousness of my own government.I can never regard them in the same light and this greatly disturbs me.

lordgotmilk 07/01/2010 5:33am
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 30, 2010 11:04pm

What could make them change their mind? We need to spotlight this issue. All of us need to unite and find a way to put the story on the front page of every newspaper during the July 4th holiday. We need the support of every American that we can get a hold of. We need to be pro-active in this, because sitting here won’t get it done.

ridinghero1990 07/01/2010 5:46am

This will pass as soon as they get a replacement for Byrd, then they will have the 60 votes needed. Benefits will be paid retroactively, so when you get your 4-6 weeks worth of checks, just pretend you hit the lottery or something. Reid voted no so they could vote again. Stop paying attention to the misleading information on other sites. This vote is in the bag… just probably not before the 4th of July recess.

adrabon 07/01/2010 8:23am
in reply to jrhill Jul 01, 2010 8:11am

God bless you jrhill. We serve a powerful and loving God. Have faith and he will see you through.

Sunshine2010 07/01/2010 8:34am
in reply to jrhill Jul 01, 2010 8:11am

Amen jrhill! I agree with you and this is all meant to be! I too am a firm believer and even though we are all going through this hard time right now; we are MUCH better off than the 3rd world countries. We all need to stick together and work on making our Country a strong Christian nation once again!

God Bless All!

dankennedy73 07/01/2010 8:27am
in reply to RichGilmore Jun 27, 2010 5:04am

WOW! Where are you getting your “facts” from. Because I can tell you that they are quite skewed, and altogether wrong.

pamtech70 07/01/2010 8:37am

So, Now, we have to wait till July 12th? Oh my………….)-:

pamtech70 07/01/2010 8:35am
in reply to jrhill Jul 01, 2010 4:12am

)-:

jbizzle85 07/01/2010 9:06am
in reply to pamtech70 Jul 01, 2010 8:37am

people are saying to keep filing your weekly claims, but state of nevada, the internet system nor the phones system are taking weekly claims. i filed for my extensions prior to my last week of benefits. the operator said there was nothing i can do at the moment.

Jess01869 07/01/2010 11:30pm

wow! cool,resourceful, and thrifty! thanks!

lordgotmilk 07/01/2010 10:01am
in reply to jbizzle85 Jul 01, 2010 9:06am

State to State there are differences. I’m in Ohio and when mine ran out, I was told to call in to file through the automated phone system. Since there’s no current extension available, my online profile doesn’t show a way for me to file. I’m not sure how your state would handle retroactive cases if they aren’t having you file weekly though, since that’s a requirement of unemployment. Maybe they intend to not give retro checks. Not sure, but anymore anything’s believable.

codemoney 07/01/2010 10:13am
in reply to pamtech70 Jul 01, 2010 8:37am

It may not happen then. We have to wait until July 12th to see if ANYTHING will be done.

pamtech70 07/01/2010 10:56am
in reply to jbizzle85 Jul 01, 2010 9:06am

What? Really? I use the internet…I may need to go look and see if mine was even processed…….)-:

I live in Georgia….and my Reps. said “NAY” Wtheck? Grrrrrrrr….

pamtech70 07/01/2010 10:54am
in reply to codemoney Jul 01, 2010 10:13am

I see….I had to catch up on my reads. Thanks Code$$$

pamtech70 07/01/2010 11:02am
in reply to pamtech70 Jul 01, 2010 10:56am
Week ending 06/26/10 Was not paid. Please report to your career center for assistance. Week ending 06/19/10 Was not paid. Please report to your career center for assistance. Week ending 06/12/10 Was not paid. Please report to your career center for assistance.

Really? Good Grief……….I do pray for myself and my family and for all of you. This is a state of emergency…We think people are bad and crazy and robbing & killing now?! Just wait, I am going to be afraid to go anywhere…..Crime is already bad in my nearby cities.

cyoung2ty 07/31/2010 4:57pm

Just wondering if anybody in New Jersey has received a check since the signing of this bill. I’ve claimed and received a form that said previous weeks were pended but I have a balance of $2358 on my account. Anybody… ?

Jess01869 07/01/2010 1:20pm

I read an article stating that Obama had a meeting with Reid at 3:05 pm today and that the senate may come back at one final try to vote on it tonight before leaving for their vacation.

satdog 07/01/2010 1:31pm
in reply to bhrodeoaz Jun 19, 2010 10:34am

Tier 5 no less than 1 year. ALL Unemployed has had enough!

canonworker60 07/01/2010 12:57pm
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 01, 2010 5:41am

Sounds good, just make sure they put it in writting.