H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

brokechristine 06/29/2010 9:51am

they are voting right now on HR 5618…….pray

Abaratarrr 06/29/2010 8:41am
in reply to anna1974 Jun 28, 2010 6:34pm

I know that reading the media pieces on this subject can be confusing but if you have been following these bills you should no that it is not the republicans that or stopping the unemployment extensions, it is not the democrats that are stopping the unemployment extension. The unemployment extensions are being help up by one individual whom poorly represents the other members of the party he belongs to. Harry Reid is the sole reason that there is not an unemployment extension in place.

Boriqua187 06/29/2010 9:10am

There is a new bill in order support this one and write comments… http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h5618/actions_votes ……this is a stand alone bill 5618

codemoney 06/29/2010 10:05am
in reply to pray2010 Jun 28, 2010 4:46am

brokechristine 06/29/2010 10:18am

didn’t pass……

Spam Comment

patsy1950 06/29/2010 12:09pm

go to GiveUsOurMoney.org. An unemployed American started this website. Go check it out.

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:17am
in reply to adrabon Jul 29, 2010 2:30pm

I completely agree- GOD had everything to do with it. I interviewed for this job in December 2009. I did everything I could to stay out of the automotive business, then the phone rang…and the door opened. I’m back to managing a body shop. God is Good- " After Job prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before" Job 42:10

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:26am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 29, 2010 4:28pm

You’ve been a great support for people here. I have prayed everyday for not just myself but for all of us who were put into these circumstances. I don’t know if you pray- or if any of you pray, but this trying time has certainly been a time to look up if you know what I mean. lordgotmilk, this could be the beginning of something wonderful- maybe the lead you need right away is going to be in that classroom- either way, you’ll have a degree backing you, that makes you more marketable. Sometimes we have to take a leap of faith. Remember you’ve got resume’s already out there- maybe one will come through as your working on your degree- and then you’ll still have that offer waiting on you when you get done with school. I’ll say an extra prayer for you- keep your heart and mind open- ask God to show you the way- it’s going to be ok.

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:32am
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 29, 2010 3:23pm

Thank you- as the manager you have my promise to treat the guys with the respect they deserve, it’s a tough way to make a living….if people only knew what it’s really like….whywasilaidoff, hang in there. Be ready good things are coming….I’ll keep you all in my prayers…..

patsy1950 06/29/2010 11:43am

I just read Businessweek/online and the article said that House Ways & Means chairman Levin will re-introduce the bill tomorrow under regular procedures, stating that with just a majority needed it will pass the House. Don’t give up hope. I know many of you are really hurting bad, but this will get done, possibly after the 4th holiday vacation. We are just the pawns in a very cruel game by both Dems and Repubs. Good luck to us all….

Abaratarrr 06/29/2010 11:24am

it failed reviving a 2/3rds majority by 18 votes, if they will vote again but using normal procedures it will pass. A republican will propose an amendment to pay for it, the amendment will fail then the bill will pass.

Only 30 repubicans voted for this bill, if 18 more republicans would have voted yes they could have sent this bill to the senate today, 24 democrats did not vote yes on this bill. If 18 more democrats had voted yes this bill could have been sent to the senate today. Now if they immediately start normal procedures they can have it to the senate by Thursday, Friday at the latest. there are at least two senate republicans that said they would vote for a stand alone extension even if it is not paid for so it looks like this could come down to 1 vote in the senate.

Please Pelosi get this thing rolling, and people please keep calling Reid and beg that he allows for a vote on a a stand alone unemployment extension.

Abaratarrr 06/29/2010 11:51am
in reply to Abaratarrr Jun 29, 2010 11:24am

correction it failed by 16 not 18 votes

Jess01869 06/29/2010 12:05pm

yes…they are indeed toying with the American people. Congress needs a makeover.

jereme28 06/29/2010 12:26pm

Fuck it, looks like it’s time for some Anarchy in the U.S.. I am a tradesman, and the only job I can get is with slumlords that couldnt give a shit if I pay taxes, have insurance, or even do quality work. Our government wants to make it impossible for small businesses to exist, they make it impossible to stay honest, so I say give it to them like they want. I am hungry, literally. I am now at the point that I gotta do what I gotta do to survive. We should set up tent cities in their neighborhoods and at their offices, so that they may see and suffer the reality that we are having to live. Maybe if we make a big enough mess, they will realize that this mess was their responsibility to prevent in the first place.

Sunshine2010 06/29/2010 12:47pm
in reply to patsy1950 Jun 29, 2010 12:09pm

Why isn’t anyone noted the fact that the separate Bill S-3520 was sent to the Senate Finance Committee for review? Write to the Senators on that Committee and tell them to PASS the DAMN BILL, or else they will find themselves on the Unemployment lines! Hit them where it hurts too!

patsy1950 06/29/2010 1:06pm
in reply to Sunshine2010 Jun 29, 2010 12:47pm

This bill has been discussed in many forums including this one and some online media. Its been with the finance committee since 6/22 and may never come out to the floor. It is a standalone bill, but not paid for. My guess it won’t come to the floor if the Dems think it will be vetoed. The Dems need to step up to the plate and make it funded with stimulus monies. I don’t know if the Dems have any tricks up their sleeves and this is what is taking so long, but they are not winning any brownie points from me right about now. I know I have e-mailed & called both Dems & Repub senators daily, and the media. Everyone needs to be unrelentless with Congress, the president, mass media. We can’t give up.

eavina30 06/29/2010 2:43pm

jrhill 06/29/2010 1:54pm

2 CORINTHIANS 1:1

Abaratarrr 07/30/2010 12:28pm

lukester,
I got through to colorado workforce.

the agent didn;t sound to convincing but did say I was eligible for the next 7 weeks all retroactive.

He asked me some eligibility questions and made note on my account so it might be a good Idea to try to call. plan on it taking over 3 hours to get to get an agent.

eavina30 06/29/2010 2:44pm

its time to destroy and rebuild

lordgotmilk 07/29/2010 4:28pm
in reply to brokechristine Jul 29, 2010 9:21am

Congratulations on the job. I’ve had an offer of sorts as well. I’m not sure what to do with it. I was offered a reeeaaaalllly good paying job….will easily get in at least 20 hours a week at an insane wage that would easily have me making more than I’ve ever made…..by a lot. The hitch? He wants me to commit to getting my degree before starting working for him. I haven’t even begun a program. He can help me get through an associate’s in about a year and bachelors in just over 2 years. The only thing I’m stewing on is that unemployment will be over way before then.

Take care and keep up the good fight.

lordgotmilk 07/30/2010 12:45pm
in reply to brokechristine Jul 30, 2010 9:26am

I just finished the conversation with my fiancé and she seems to be on board with this. It will require her and the oldest son to find work. I’ll be able to try to market my own business while going to school and hopefully pull in some cash here and there building websites (which will only add to the education since it would be an E-Commerce degree). That along with being wise with overage checks and we might be able to make it. I appreciate the prayers. I probably don’t bow my head and pray, but do my best to keep communications open there. God really needs an email address…lol.

What really got the fiancé in line with it is because if that job doesn’t pan out, I’d be marketable for jobs paying more than twice what I’ve been looking at now.

lordgotmilk 06/29/2010 2:48pm

It’s quickly coming to a time that we need real change. I propose, when real change is made (by whatever means it takes) that the house and senate be comprised of 50% working class Americans. Yearly rotate the non-politicians similar to the process of filling a jury. During their service, they can’t be fired from their normal employment, they are housed with their families and paid the one year amount for the position they are filling. Their vote counts as a full count and a diverse field of professionals to be on hand to help them through the legalese. After your year of service, an amount equal to your house salary is then placed into a retirement plan such as a 401k. Only then could we entertain the idea that it is of the people, by the people and for the people.

peytonsplace007 06/29/2010 3:05pm

I just saw Reid on CSPAN 2 about another amendment & cloture vote on this bill, but came in at the tail end of it and couldn’t figure out what was going on. Does anyone know?

peytonsplace007 06/29/2010 5:24pm

I’m just nervouse about 4213 getting passed. Reid must feel like he has the votes to since he moved for cloture. Fingers crossed again!

lordgotmilk 07/30/2010 12:54pm

An update, as promised. I’m in Ohio and have not yet received the retro payment. I was told Tuesday to call today (Friday) if I hadn’t received it yet. Ohio processed the EB benefits Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday they received an email from their technology department on how they were going to process them. Weds and Thurs this week, they were processing the largest 2 groups, those going into tier 1 and those going into tier 4. As I type this today, those going into tiers 2 and 3 are being processed. She said the servers would be taken down this evening and that it will be applied. She said that we should see our payments Monday or Tuesday at the latest and that Sunday when we file, it should process as usual. This was the first time I’ve been actually given a day, so it sounds like they have a working plan. If you are in one of the groups previously processed and haven’t seen a change, call them.

patsy1950 06/29/2010 3:27pm
in reply to peytonsplace007 Jun 29, 2010 3:05pm

I was watching also. Senator Reid needs to learn to speak clearer because I thought he said the small business bill and the unemployment extension have reached agreement and will be presented tomorrow. So I watched and listened 3 more times and that is what he said…

jbizzle85 06/29/2010 4:18pm
in reply to patsy1950 Jun 29, 2010 3:27pm

HR 5618 – it’s not dead yet. Today they set aside rules to fast track the legislation. As a result a 2/3 majority was needed to pass the bill. That failed with 261 ayes failing to hit 2/3. The bill will be voted on again tomorrow and require only a 50% vote which would equate to 219 votes. Should be plenty to pass.

Spam Comment