H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

jbizzle85 06/29/2010 5:21pm
in reply to patsy1950 Jun 29, 2010 5:17pm

so does that mean that it passed?

patsy1950 06/29/2010 5:17pm
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 29, 2010 4:18pm

I did read that. It looks like the Dems in the House will get 5618 passed, and then in the event the Senate cannot get their new bill passed 5618 will go to the Senate for vote.

jbizzle85 06/29/2010 5:35pm
in reply to patsy1950 Jun 29, 2010 5:31pm

well lets keep are fingers crossed…

patsy1950 06/29/2010 5:31pm
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 29, 2010 5:21pm

No, the bill has not passed in the House or the Senate. The House is going to vote on it tomorrow thru a regular vote and it is expected to pass the House. I read that Senator Reid will bring the Senate Dems version to the floor tomorrow. Hopefully, one of these bills gets passed by the Senate before the end of the week.

Jess01869 06/29/2010 7:08pm

I hope it’s not going to be stalled for the sake of a potential hurricane relief fund…although, then…everyone would need help.

dankennedy73 06/29/2010 9:04pm
in reply to Jax26 Jun 28, 2010 10:38am

It’s useless to argue with this coward. Genesee is just parroting all the conservative ignorance that was taught to him/her/it by uneducated parrents or other such adults in youth.

jbizzle85 06/30/2010 3:01pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jun 30, 2010 2:37pm

extinction… you mean as in there done with it?

jereme28 06/30/2010 6:13am

Right now it’s stalled so they can vote on whether special education teachers are important. It passed, now they have to vote on the name of a post office. It is nice that they have their priorities straight.

lordgotmilk 06/30/2010 7:22am
in reply to jereme28 Jun 30, 2010 6:13am

Yeah, there was only so much of that I could take….look up each bill just to see it was something stupid.

I actually got a call back on a resume I submitted today….that’s a first in months. They want me to retype my resume a certain way. I’ll be checking back as I can.

lukester 07/30/2010 6:37pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 30, 2010 12:28pm

Thanks for the information. I plan on getting the 7 weeks.
The Jeffco Job Service Center has a direct number.
They told me to come in and then they dial the number(so you don’t have it).

I will keep you updated.
Do you think CO will hit 8.5% by November?
I am sick of applying for countless jobs with no response.
This is getting to be scary.

lukester 07/30/2010 7:58pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 30, 2010 12:28pm

This could be good news for the 7 weeks.

jbizzle85 06/30/2010 10:13am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jun 30, 2010 7:22am

any new info on whats going on???

brokechristine 06/30/2010 10:30am

If I understand this correctly, since the Financial Resolution Proposal just passed, they will now debate for 2 hours on several other items that fall under the “financial Resolution” umbrella, one being an extension of unemployment benefits.

brokechristine 06/30/2010 10:27am

I saw Sen John Lewis (D) from GA this morning and he blased the house for not approving extended unemployment he even said shame on you how can you let Americans go hungry and fearful of becoming homeless…then he said PASS THIS BILL…..yeah Mr. Lewis!!!!!

codemoney 06/30/2010 10:29am
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 30, 2010 10:13am

Right now, I can’t figure out what the Senate is working on. I think its small business lending but there is no bill info displayed. I also can’t tell what the agenda is right now. CSPAN2 and CSPAN needs help with this sort of thing. HIRE ME TO DO IT!

codemoney 06/30/2010 10:37am

I think CSPAN2 has H.R. 5297 on right now. Can’t tell what happened before or what comes after.

codemoney 06/30/2010 10:42am

Brown is talking about it now.

jbizzle85 06/30/2010 12:06pm
in reply to codemoney Jun 30, 2010 10:42am

i sure hope something gets passed today!!!

lordgotmilk 06/30/2010 1:05pm

Well, I’ve been watching it while rewriting my resume the way the company wanted it along with filling out their application. Heard them talk about it a bit, but then got pulled away by the landlord who showed up to begin painting and such so they can put it back on the rental market. In 9 years, we’ve paid them over 50k in rent for a house that would sell on the market for under 10k. Almost always on time. And now this.

DBM 06/30/2010 1:44pm
in reply to jereme28 Jun 30, 2010 6:13am

Have you read some of the stuff they are voting on??? it’s unbelievable! petty issues! all the while knowing there are extremely stressed Americans out there waiting and praying.

Sunshine2010 06/30/2010 1:06pm
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 30, 2010 12:06pm

I just got finished ready the Huffington Post update regarding the new Unemployment Extension Bill. Apparently, Harry Reid said he is one vote shy of passing this vote. He has two Republicans on board, but since Senator Byrd passed away they are still shy one vote. They are suppose to vote again tomorrow. Everyone write to every Republican Senator and bombard them. The Republicans do not want to pass this bill because it adds to the deficit. They want the Democrats to find another way to pay for it; in the mean time all of us desperate out of work Americans are suffering! This is nothing but a POLITICAL battle between the two parties. Write, Pray and God Bless All.

lordgotmilk 06/30/2010 2:01pm

Stabenow gets it, but I’m not sure that her wording was intended to get bipartisan support. She seemed, to me, to point the finger in advance. Lautenburg is killing me though…I’ve had to walk away from this a few times…lol. Apparently, it’s not going to be voted on today, since it’s getting so late. Tomorrow will be a write off for it.

I was hoping to be able to tell the landlords before they left that it got past the senate and should be dealt with by next week.

Jess01869 06/30/2010 2:17pm

I thought Bryd’s funeral was tomorrow and senate was only going to be in session for part of the day.

lonnienyssa 06/30/2010 2:21pm

OK ALL!! Here is the low down on Byrd. Tomorrow he is to lay in the senate room NO FUNERAL. The funeral is Friday in W. Virginia

codemoney 06/30/2010 2:26pm

Yup, they’re done for the day. No vote, just lotsa talking.

Abaratarrr 06/30/2010 2:37pm

on cspan2 they are saying that the unemployment extinction will be on the floor item after next today

jereme28 06/30/2010 3:08pm

The commentator on CSPAN, said "Scott Brown will be reviewing the bill over the 4th of July vacation, and Harry Reid will be ready to vote when they return. Something big passed this afternoon and there were alot of cheers, but I missed what it was. I am gonna bet it was the wall street reform bill, but this site lags so bad its hard to know.

lordgotmilk 06/30/2010 3:33pm

This voting process is like pulling teeth…..it’s hard to follow. Currently up for vote is the motion to limit debate on the subject.

jereme28 06/30/2010 3:22pm

Ok now I’m just all pissed off again. As I sit here waiting to see our reps do the right thing, I see them introduce bills for, regulating foreign sea vessels, a domestic problem in Thailand, and now sex scandals in South Africa. For fucks sake people you are American and none of that shit has anything to do with you, nor will your bills here change a fucking thing in a foreign country. You pretend to be a humanitarian, and convince yourself that you are saving the world, and all the while you allow your own people to sit here and suffer. Every bill introduced right now should be for extending unemployment benefits. Go figure, they are politicians = bullshit artists.

jrhill 06/30/2010 4:39pm
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 30, 2010 3:01pm

lol.. i think he meant “extension”…

lol.. i think he meant “extension”…but at the rate things seem to be going, “extinction” may be more appropriatesigh