H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

Loriann123 06/30/2010 4:00pm
in reply to lordgotmilk Jun 30, 2010 3:33pm

I’ve been watching for an hour, They are still voting! Getting this eye’s view it’s nice to see where the tax money goes, how long does it take to say “aye” or “nay” anyway!

dedgar 06/30/2010 4:56pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 30, 2010 4:38pm

Ditto. What’s wrong with that man (Reid)?

Loriann123 06/30/2010 4:42pm

Cloture not passed, move to bring stand alone bill was not brought in, and the Senate voted to put themselves on adjournment till July 12th. Gotta love these idiots!

lukester 07/31/2010 6:15am
in reply to ngccorp Jul 31, 2010 5:49am

ngccorp,

You are exactly right. I was laid off from my job of 15 years and loved giving up my 4 weeks vacation and 15 years of promotions and raises to make just under $300 a week to sit on my butt.

I served in the U.S. Army straight out of high school when I was 17 (88th ADA), did you?

So, as I sit here on my butt, maybe you should take the silver spoon that your mommy and daddy stuck in your mouth and shove it up your a**. You are probably an overweight momma’s boy who was born on third base and think you hit a triple.

If you are such a good capitalist, why don’t you give your job to someone from India or an illegal alien? I forgot, you have mommy and daddy.

Jess01869 06/30/2010 4:38pm

damn. I can’t believe Reid didn’t accept that. I don’t know what to tell my landlord tomorrow…and this is my new home from getting evicted from the old one the 18th. I’m on week 3 1/2 of no benefits.

leslierickard 06/30/2010 4:45pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 30, 2010 4:42pm

my phone is already off, my electricity will be friday, my rent was due 3 weeks ago…this is my 5th week of no benefits…i am so sick of our government right now…

Jess01869 06/30/2010 4:42pm

Wow.The debate is done then according to cspan2…they get back the 12th? omg. I just lost everything then.

jrhill 06/30/2010 4:42pm
in reply to Tiklers Jun 30, 2010 4:33pm

welcome to Washington….

Loriann123 06/30/2010 4:50pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 30, 2010 4:42pm

yes, Millions of us are in the same boat. I’m setting up a yardsale selling lock stock and barrel including the TV, Living room furniture in hopes to raise mortgage and telephone. How the hell are we suppose to look for work if our electricity and phone is shut off?

Loriann123 06/30/2010 4:57pm

What is worse is that they did pass as a stand alone bill the home buyer’s tax credit! WTF!

tmo520 06/30/2010 5:55pm

this is interesting……

Congress Has Never Let UI Benefits Expire With Such a High Unemployment Rate

michaeldf 06/30/2010 5:42pm

I not sure who to be mad at, they all seem to have agenda that does not include the unemployed. I sure would like to know who honestly supports the unemployed and is not just using them as a pawn to push thru other legislation or to save their ass come november. I would have a real tough time singing the national anthem at this point, Happy 4th to all of you, my heart goes out to all of the unemployed and their families, good luck and god bless.

I will be out of the office until the 12th July

noel132123 06/30/2010 5:46pm

what the f just happen did anybody see that see.Reid(nv) didn’t vote on this issue.

noel132123 06/30/2010 5:47pm

what the f just happen did anybody see that sen.Reid(nv) didn’t vote on this issue.

whywasilaidoff 07/31/2010 8:37am
in reply to brokechristine Jul 30, 2010 9:32am

Thanks brokechristine.
God Bless You

dedgar 06/30/2010 5:52pm
in reply to Tiklers Jun 30, 2010 4:33pm

That Republican Senator who was ok with extending UI for 2 months by tacking on to H.R.4853 had his own agenda …
H.R.4853 – Surface Transportation Extension Modification Act of 2010
To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the funding and expenditure authority of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, to amend title 49, United States Code, to extend authorizations for the airport improvement program, and for other purposes.

jereme28 06/30/2010 4:49pm

Ya me too, and I already gave the intitial deposit on the apartment I was to move in tomorrow, so I guess I’m gonna lose that as well for not keeping my word. I have been stayin in a hotel in a new city hoping to find work when I was suddenly cut-off, and I don’t even have the money to pay for another night in this stanky ass hotel. I am officially homeless. To top it off I am in the midst of a legal, that cost me every penny I had in savings, to obtain custody of my son that I raised on my own his whole life, but since I pursued legal custody, his crackhead mother decided to abduct him and now refuses to give him back, going on 3 weeks now. Looks like I won’t be getting my son back at all. I have honestly lost everything. My bank account is also -600, and I have maybe 5 bucks, and a bag full of dirty clothes. I am all set to be bum. Thanks America Do you have any change?

pamtech70 06/30/2010 6:17pm

July the 12th? Wtheck? Well Happy 4th to everyone…………..I was suppose to start back to college on the 6th….My second quarter…Well, Now I have to tell my family I can’t…. What r we going to do? really? I have never been this disappointed in anything..I can’t believe I even vote…

pamtech70 06/30/2010 6:23pm
in reply to jereme28 Jun 30, 2010 3:22pm

Yea, I was watching her talk about that sex scandal crap to…..I know its serious, and I hate to call it crap….but you know, I AM AT WITS END…..

dedgar 06/30/2010 6:18pm
in reply to dedgar Jun 30, 2010 5:52pm

Now I understand why Reid said no to H.R. 4853 (I haven’t read it yet, just the summary). The Republicans think we’re all stupid. Instead of voting yes on a stand alone UI bill, they are holding the LT unemployed hostage in order to get what they want. It appears the Republicans want the Democrats to give a little, and neither party is budging. Quit playing games with the unemployed. Appoint Byrd’s replacement ASAP.

pamtech70 06/30/2010 6:18pm
in reply to jbizzle85 Jun 30, 2010 6:15pm

Yea, I already did that………I had to take all of my 401 k………Is that bad or what? )-:

wjp0023 06/25/2010 5:38am
in reply to peytonsplace007 Jun 24, 2010 9:31am

The President can put something in. He can because it is considered a national emergency. millions of people without assistance during one of the worst financial times in our history.

brokechristine 06/25/2010 7:41am

a local newspaper is doing an article on this topic- send them an email and mention this site like I did and check back on it, www.Bucyrustelegraphforum.com- (ohio ) contact your local newspapers and tv stations and demand they interview your states Republican nay sayers and maybe we can humiliate them they way they have “the stray animals” AMERICANS…I just want to see one reporter ask some Rupublican like Senator Bunning how he can knowingly put American families outdoors like trash……

Abaratarrr 07/26/2010 12:12pm
in reply to jereme28 Jul 23, 2010 11:07am

by the way Baucus is not our friend, he as taken a stand along with Nancy Pelosi saying that 99 weeks is enough and that there should not be any additional benefits.

Genesee 06/27/2010 5:50am
in reply to whatsgoingon Jun 27, 2010 3:29am

LOL! What I see “in the real world” is a society that expects, demands and depends on, their government to maintain their lifestyles for them when they run into financial problems.

Abaratarrr 07/26/2010 12:05pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 23, 2010 3:53pm

tier 2 13 weeks + 1 week added by tier 4

Genesee 06/29/2010 9:59am
in reply to Jax26 Jun 28, 2010 10:38am

The right course of action is to stop subjugating your personal responsibilities to the government. Until then, your fate is in their hands. Apparently, and ironically, you have no problem with that because you feel that they are the only ones who can handle the “collection and dispersion” process. Thank you for that glaring, Marxist opinion. LOL! Here we have 20+ pages of complaints on how they are handling that process. You reap what you sow. GoBama!

gramps 07/21/2010 1:29pm

The death tax is a killer for family farms and businesses. So many have lost their land because they can’t pay the death tax. In our family, the IRS valued it so high that we had to break it up and sell It was in thefamily for 3 Generations. There are ways to get around some of it but we didn’t know how our parent had it set up. It was not in a trust:We found out too late.

duckandcover 07/22/2010 8:01am

PART 1 – I have been “unemployed” from June 2004 until now. I looked for jobs for 26 long weeks, took my UE checks, paid my bills, found out there was another path vs. the UI line, and moved on. Nobody has ever called me and said, "Oh BTW you are now included some bill Congress passed that gives you retroactive UI payments for the extra 73 weeks that you did not get back when you got laid off. So, now you get to play catch up and get the same cut from the system everyone else gets…” I’d love to get an extra retroactive payment of around $36,500 for my fair share (at $500/wk average). What the F is really going on here? How come those who began getting UI payments 99 weeks or less ago get an extension from the Democraps but the folks who were laid off 100 or 101 or 1001 weeks ago and are still hunting and get squat?

gramps 07/21/2010 2:50am

star58
How did you get that out of what I said. I said policies He is putting in place now. I am older and want you to have the same benefits as I do. The way he is wasting our borrowed money is scary.I lived through the depression as a child and a penny for candy was a big reward.
I planned to work a few more years but now feel the jobs should go to you younger people. Don’t tell me what I think.