H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

jrhill 07/26/2010 1:46am
in reply to dankennedy73 Jul 23, 2010 1:52pm

the democrats have basically forced these and hundreds of other corporations and businesses out of the US. They are not coming back.

In fact, hundreds more are either going out of business or continuing to move operations to Mexico and elsewhere.

Until these representatives are either thrown out of office, Soetoro, Reid and Pelosi will just continue to punish “profit” and “success” even further.

Kicking these bums out of office is the best solution…

The only way to de-seat Nancy Pelosi from the People’s House is to vote out every single democrat on the ticket…

enrico17 07/25/2010 4:41pm
in reply to mikeqhawaii Jul 23, 2010 1:11pm

Hi Mike, I am not from Hawaii, although I wish I was, but I think I can answer your question. Eb is extended benefits that is paid by the state and is given out after you exhust all four tiers. The four tiers are paid by the government and called Emergency Unemeployment Compensation (EUC). When you finish your tiers the state will send you a letter advising you that you are entitled to the extended benefits which can be either 13 or 20 weeks depending on the state and its rate of unemployment. Hope this helps and that you receive what is due you.

Good luck

brokechristine 07/25/2010 3:46pm

Sorry I keep remembering more after I think I am done….we will not get the $25 dollars and we get 20 more weeks which is Nov 30. Again,my situation is that I was done with 26 weeks and this is the next extension that just got the ok last week in Senate.

brokechristine 07/25/2010 3:43pm

Oh almost forgot Ohio has extended phone hours now…..when you call, if it says busy hangup and use your redial feature (like calling a radio station)and just keep doing it over and over until you get into the phone loop hold and keep your cell phone charger ready….trust me you’ll need it. Don’t hang up or you get to start all over again…..goodluck….remember your competing with about 150 thousand other Ohioans who are doing the same thing….

brokechristine 07/25/2010 3:39pm

I have run out of the original 26 weeks, now that the extension is ok’d here is what I was advised to do by a friend who works the “unemployment dept” @ ODJFS (Ohio). Never call the call center ph# listed on all of your mailed paperwork- “they’re temps and don’t know what they’re doing or saying”. "always call the 877 PH# listed in yellow on the Ohio Unemployment On line site. As soon as possible- call and request to do the required paperwork for extended benefits- same questions like before, also did you work for railroad, out of state work last 2 years?, military and the what is the least you will work for jazz. Then make sure they back date it from when you got your last 26 week payment. MAKE SURE!! Get and keep the confirmation # they give you after the extension paperwork is done. Did mine Sat 7-24-10 on hold for 3 1/2 hours….she also said call on Wednesday (more workers on phones) at least in Ohio anyway. then I was told it would be 3-4 weeks b4 bulk payment is deposited

Jess01869 07/25/2010 1:56pm

So do I get to move on to Tier 2 or not? My last check from tier 1 was June 7th. I’m so confused cause I’ve been doing my payment requests bi weekly since I got cut off. Anyone?

BenjaWiz 07/25/2010 9:57am

More money being spent and yet again more debt at this rate we will be taxed even more say 60% I’m pissed.

lordgotmilk 07/24/2010 5:19pm
in reply to 5280voter Jul 24, 2010 10:56am

I remember seeing somewhere on this site a list of changes that have occurred among the states where some states unemployment rates went up and now qualified them for the EB and some states’ unemployment rates went down to just under the cut off, therefore cutting off EB. I remember seeing Colorado on that list, but I don’t remember exactly what it said. I’ll try finding that and post a link.

5280voter 07/24/2010 10:56am
in reply to Submrnr Jul 22, 2010 9:37am

I was told there is no Tier IV and the SEB was NOT being funded. Yet all the info on the actual bill states SEB is being funded. I voiced my frustration to the clerk giving out incorrect information. I asked him if he had considered the impact that doing so would have on a person trying to keep it together. He said I could stop filing and get a job. What does he think I have been doing with the fantastic fortune of $1200 month?

5280voter 07/24/2010 10:44am
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 23, 2010 3:53pm

It is so difficult to know what to believe. A week prior to the bill passing, I called to determine if my Colorado SEB (state extended benefits) would be paid under the bill. Absolutely I was told without question I would receive my benefits. Then friends of mine were told once the bill had passed that SEB was NOT going to be paid. I called and was told by a different clerk that SEB was not being funded. When I questioned him about this by quoting parts of the bill, he told me I did not understand the bill.

Another day of being giving misinformation. So frustrating. Anyone know what Colorado is planning on doing?

lordgotmilk 07/24/2010 6:16am

Ohio’s site has information. Read the last paragraph and tell me what you think. The way it’s worded, if you were already receiving the $25, you still will, but no new claims get it. Is that what you make of that?

sniperxess 07/24/2010 5:56am

this was posted on the front page of NC’s:

On July 22, 2010, the extension of the Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC08) program was signed into law. The new law extends the filing deadline, but it does not provide for additional EUC08 tiers. The ESC is working with the Department of Labor to implement this change as quickly as possible. If you are currently filing for benefits please continue to do so. If you are not currently filing for benefits our agency will notify you on how to reinstate your claim.
For more information, click here.

ridinghero1990 07/23/2010 10:37pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 23, 2010 3:53pm

State Extended Benefits happens after you exhaust Tier 4. It’s an additional 20 weeks. It’s only payable in certain states with high unemployment.

Regular: 26 weeks
Tier 1: 20 weeks
Tier 2: 14 weeks
Tier 3: 13 weeks
Tier 4: 6 weeks
State Extended: 20 weeks

Add this together and you’ll get the 99 weeks of federally funded unemployment.

Abaratarrr 07/23/2010 3:53pm
in reply to jereme28 Jul 23, 2010 11:07am

that is nothing new that has been in the bill since November. Stete extended benefits is what was originally know as tier 3 but now most if not all states are now paying tier 4 before tier 3,

originally it was

tier 1 20 weeks
tier 2 13 weeks = 1 week added by teir 4
tier 3 state extended benefits, 13 week for states at 6.5% plus 7 more for states at or above 8%
tier 4 13 weeks plus 6 more weeks for states over 8.5% or 9% i forget

now many states are calling what was originally tier 4, tiers 3 and 4 and calling state extended benefits which use to be tier 3 something separate.

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:56pm
in reply to dankennedy73 Jul 23, 2010 1:40pm

The page breaks up the comments. I cannot tell if that was directed at me. If so, then the sarcasm didn’t properly come through. I greatly support NASA. Glen, Alderin, and Warner Von Braun were some of my childhood heroes. And I grew up to be an engineer of sorts (software engineer) with a passion for space and physics in part because of them. As a result, the Federal Govt. has obtained several hundred thousand dollars from me that it may not have without the inspiration.

dankennedy73 07/23/2010 1:52pm

I think the only way the Unemployment mess in this country will besolved is if we force our representatives to put unbearable pressure on corporations like Wal-Mart, Nike, and any other American corporations, to make them bring theire plants back home and flood our market with a surplus of new jobs.

dankennedy73 07/23/2010 1:40pm
in reply to GeneralFault Jul 23, 2010 1:22pm

by the way, are you aware that the fewer people who are employed, the less currency flows into our economy and the less taxes can be collected. I would be much happier if the goverment would force American corporations to bring back our jobs, then we wouldn’t need this. But Conservative Republicans don’t want to go against the big bussinesses that contribute to their campaighns. If you want someone to blame, look at the bigger picture. look at all the politicians who allowed and even encouraged outsourcing, like Reagan and Bush Senior and Junior as well as countless others in congress, most of whom are conservative republicans.

dankennedy73 07/23/2010 1:40pm
in reply to GeneralFault Jul 23, 2010 1:22pm

So let me get this straight, you are in favor of government not only allowing but actually encouraging the outsourcing of American jobs which puts millions out of work an leaves a greatly reduced number of jobs in our country. and you further support the government when after having done this, does nothing to help those Americans who it forced into unemployment. Way to stand up for your own people.

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:31pm
in reply to CsHroCKs Jul 23, 2010 3:04am

Buy, borrow or if you must steal a sailboat and take an adventure. Or put your last 50$ toward a tent and a canteen, put an “abandoned” sign (or nothing at all) on your door, and find a 500 mile dusty trail. Risky, but “ending it all” is guaranteed. Never give up. You always have options. Others may not like your choices, but almost any choice is better for you than the one you suggest. And in the end, it’s your choice. Creditors will not follow you to the peaks of Alaska or the mountains of Montana. Nor will they find you in the vastness of the Atlantic.

sniperxess 07/23/2010 1:29pm
in reply to mikeqhawaii Jul 23, 2010 1:11pm

i think EB (extended Benefits) comes after you have exhausted all 4 tiers? if im wrong someone else may know..but thats how i understand it.

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:25pm
in reply to GeneralFault Jul 23, 2010 1:17pm

Edit: Sorry for the repost. I was trying to meet the character limit and kept pushing post attempts to the next page.

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:22pm
in reply to loganstorm Jun 16, 2010 12:22pm

Yes, take that money from NASA and the thousands that work for it and the companies that have contracts with them. That should help the unemployment rate. Take it from science and knowledge. I hate that we spend so much money inspiring kids to become engineers and scientists that never do anything for society. I would rather that we keep the nerds in other countries.
We would all be better off if we were a little less educated and interested in the universe we are a part of. What has it done for us lately? And nothing ever came from things like the moon landing or learning to orbit the earth. We don’t need the technologies used for stupid things like jet airliners, communications satellites and GPS. Even if we did, everything important about space has already been discovered and used. There is nothing new up there; it’s just a little empty space with a couple of lame planets floating around.
This is the short-sighted idiocy that prevents solutions from even being discovered.

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:17pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 12, 2010 10:53am

Besides, we would all be a little better off if we were just a little less educated and interested in the universe we are a part of. What has it done for us lately? And nothing ever came from things like the moon landing or learning to orbit the earth. We don’t need the materials and technologies used for stupid things like jet airliners, instant food, communications satellites and GPS. Even if we did, everything important about space has already been discovered and used. There is nothing new up there; it’s just a little empty space with a couple of lame planets floating around, right? We certainly don’t need any more big Hollywood money or entertainment from thousands of movies and documentaries on the subject. What a bore anyway, right?

GeneralFault 07/23/2010 1:17pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 12, 2010 10:53am

Yes, take that money from NASA and the thousands that work for it and the hundreds of companies that have contracts with them. That should help the unemployment rate. Take it from science and knowledge. I hate that we spend so much money inspiring kids to become engineers and scientists that never do anything for society. I would rather that we got our nerds and the lame stuff that comes with them from other countries. Wouldn’t you?

mikeqhawaii 07/23/2010 1:11pm

k…..i’m now officially confused. what is the difference between “eb” and “euc”? geez……someone help da braddah out please.

mikeqhawaii 07/23/2010 11:55am
in reply to jereme28 Jul 23, 2010 11:11am

jereme28 – can you explain this amendment to me? this is the first time i’ve dealt with it.

sniperxess 07/23/2010 11:47am
in reply to jereme28 Jul 23, 2010 11:07am

well thats great!….NC is not listed….but hoepfully that wont affect me just yet. AS im hoping i still have 2 more tiers to go?

mikeqhawaii 07/23/2010 11:12am

has anyone from hawaii been in touch with the dol reference the extension? i spoke with them right after the bill was signed and was told it would have to be approved by lingle first which she should do sometime next week. i was told to call back afterwards. then last night on the news a spokesperson from the dol said we are to wait on letters the state is going to send out to those who are eligible. ? i don’t trust that. i wonder what experiences other kamaaina are having….

jereme28 07/23/2010 11:11am

Here is the amendment

jereme28 07/23/2010 11:07am

A new Amendment introduced by Rep. Baucus has been passed is ready to be signed for EB. see if your state is eligible.