H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

sniperxess 07/22/2010 5:41am

so does all this mean….that if someone has not yet collected 99+ weeks and even they have been unemployed for 2 years….and not exhausted all 4 tiers ….they will get unemployment money?

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 4:53am
in reply to Alant Jun 25, 2010 6:01am

Amen! Think they will ever get the message!

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 4:47am
in reply to Zwyattw Jul 22, 2010 2:16am

Not if you have collected for 99 weeks or as they put it the “99 er’s” there is no other tier for those who have collected 99 weeks.

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 4:38am
in reply to JoshR May 31, 2010 5:33pm

What other basis are they getting their information from then? Please enlighted those who are still unemployed after 2 years and can no longer collect unemployment and who still do not have jobs.

Zwyattw 07/22/2010 2:16am
in reply to Jess01869 Jul 22, 2010 12:42am

This bill will allow retroactive payment to anyone whose claim ended after June 2nd. If your claims ended prior to that date, you would have been allowed to go to the next tier.

So whether your claim ended June 2nd or 22nd you will be paid going back to the date your claim ended.

Jess01869 07/22/2010 12:42am

oh I sure hope it passes. So I never made it to Tier 2 and my last payment from Tier 1 landed on June 7th but I read that they are only paying back retroactively to people whose benefits got cut off June 2nd so I’m a little confused since I’ve been making my payment requests bi weekly ever since my last payment. Any clues?

jereme28 07/21/2010 8:23pm

The House will be voting at 11am Est. tomorrow 7/22

tonydatillo 07/21/2010 6:18pm

You mean it goes to the house tomorrow.

ndrai3gsx 07/21/2010 4:20pm
in reply to tinahdans Jun 04, 2010 6:23am

This is not about a bailout,it’s about survival while we try to get where we can support ourselves. I resent being told that because the people I work for laid off my entire department, I must be getting bailed out while trying to survive.

ndrai3gsx 07/21/2010 4:15pm
in reply to JoshR May 31, 2010 5:33pm

Excuse me Josh, but if you’re paying attention to the people who report these numbers, they have admitted that the numbers literally are based on the number of people receiving checks, and not on the actual number of people who are unemployed. These are their own words not ours, therefore I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am a conspiracy realist. I heard the people who report these things say that this is happening so I understand this to be a real conspiracy perpetrated on the American people.

Abaratarrr 07/21/2010 3:44pm
in reply to mikeqhawaii Jul 21, 2010 10:38am

that was never true, that was a lie that was repeated over and over

Abaratarrr 07/21/2010 3:43pm
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 21, 2010 12:12pm

that was never true, that was bad reporting from last night that got repeated over and over by other media outlets.

Jonascord 07/21/2010 3:26pm
in reply to minimoe Jul 21, 2010 12:05pm

They are voting on ANOTHER Republican amendment to the bill, which, since cloture has already been voted, requires a 2/3 majority to be approved. I WAS a republican until this started. Now I’m not so sure.

candyland 07/21/2010 3:20pm
in reply to butterflyangel Jul 21, 2010 2:56pm

Yes it passed 59-39 a little bit ago. It goes to congress tomorrow for approval then to the president for signing, if we have no other hangups.

michaeldf 07/21/2010 3:16pm
in reply to butterflyangel Jul 21, 2010 2:56pm

go to c-span.org your online????

butterflyangel 07/21/2010 2:56pm

can someone plz tell me where it stands right now has the second vote happened yet, has it been passed to the house or are the republicans pulling their bs with us again. I cant watch it on c-span as i have been because my tv has been shut off because i couldnt afford to pay the bill.

michaeldf 07/21/2010 2:26pm

The current debate…what a joke if the technology is good there is plenty of investment out there. My wife owns a very successful business and it continues to grow by investing what she makes back into it. We pay our taxes ect… just another hand out…stand in line there giving the store away

michaeldf 07/21/2010 2:15pm
in reply to jrhill Jul 21, 2010 2:06pm

Hey Rush, I mean JR, I think someone called you that yesterday.
Just open the boarders, there poping out kids right and left,
Oh yea I forgot they dont pay taxes they use false SSN’s and just send the money back home…Got to love your pic…if it smells like and tastes like it is…

jrhill 07/21/2010 2:10pm
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 21, 2010 12:12pm

i don’t know why they just dont extend it to 5 years…

they will be long gone by the time we have to pay for it…

look your kids in the eyes.. they will be stuck with the bill. them and their children… children not even born yet. They will be the ones who will feel the pain and not be able to keep much of what they earn…

but, if we are all good liberals and just stick to the “Not in my back yard” theory.. we’ll all be dead and gone so who gives a crap?

right??

gotta love it!!

we need to keep voting in democrats as much as possible so we can get as many government handouts as we can before we die.. leave it to the suckers to come to pay for it..

lol

stupid repugnicans.. can you believe they actually want to pay for stuff?? lol all we need to do is just run up the debt and print more money… when will they get it??

lol

jrhill 07/21/2010 2:07pm
in reply to Tuckster Jul 21, 2010 7:46am

The democrat party is 100% dependent on the federal government…

and likewise

the federal government is 100% dependent on the democrat party…

they feed off each other like sea slugs…

jrhill 07/21/2010 2:06pm
in reply to brokechristine Jul 21, 2010 7:17am

keep in mind that at least 7 senators are UN-ELECTED…

thanks to the legal “flaw” and “end-around” on the rule of law, the dems can break the filibusters to do whatever they want…

we just need to start pumping out more children to pay for the massive debt..

we need lots of little children, grandchildren and great grandchildren to pay for all of this, so we need to get busy…

michaeldf 07/21/2010 1:44pm
in reply to gramps Jul 21, 2010 1:29pm

mis-information and opinions are dangerous….

michaeldf 07/21/2010 1:42pm
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 21, 2010 1:02pm

I agree..
Both parties are at fault, and for Senator Reid, the wonderful state of NV will make sure he is not re-elected. The kicker is I believe his son is now running for governor in NV. The whole family is delusional and believe they are the best thing to ever happen to NV, with 12%+ unemployment. And the current vote is to stop attacking Arizona for protecting its boarders???
which it will fail. Now it is just pissing in your neighbors yard for spite
regardless if it make sense and its the right thing to do. Anyone who is up for re-election needs to hit the road.

gramps 07/21/2010 1:29pm

The death tax is a killer for family farms and businesses. So many have lost their land because they can’t pay the death tax. In our family, the IRS valued it so high that we had to break it up and sell It was in thefamily for 3 Generations. There are ways to get around some of it but we didn’t know how our parent had it set up. It was not in a trust:We found out too late.

Star58 07/21/2010 1:11pm
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 21, 2010 12:55pm

I think it’s called. You didn’t scratch my back so I won’t scratch yours. The Repubs are now trying to add riders to the bill they didn’t want Dems to do before.

Star58 07/21/2010 1:06pm

Watching C-Span. Repubs want to add a rider to keep the death tax at 0. At a cost of 1 trillion over the course of so many years. The death tax is primarily for the rich. I thought they wanted to keep the deficit low.

lordgotmilk 07/21/2010 1:02pm
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 21, 2010 12:55pm

Also, the Dems are quick to point that the Reps voted for unemployment in the previous administration, but won’t know. There is a difference….there is now a law that tells them they should get it paid for.

Some of the ideas that have been shot down could have easily paid for this bill with added tiers and such. Both sides have guilty parties involved in all of this mess and we need to remember that in November. Harry Reid should be removed for blocking attempts at compromise and his supporters should be outed as well as any Reps that are just playing this game as a game.

lordgotmilk 07/21/2010 12:55pm

I watched for quite a while. Before, I understood why the Republicans weren’t voting at the basic principles. Now, I see why. A majority of both sides agreed in February to do the right thing and pass the pay/go bill and since then, there has been absolutely no attempt on the Dem side to even entertain the idea of upholding the law they agreed on.

My perspective on this is that I’m glad it’s getting passed for my own personal needs and for the rest of you here, but I can’t help but see how quick the Dems are to point a finger at the other side when they AGREED to make a law that they refuse to try to live by. The Republicans have brought several options to the table to at least help in paying for some of this and their ideas are shot down without even a second of consideration. I can’t blame them for holding to the law, but I will research before November to see who was trying to uphold pay/go and who was just playing politics as usual.

satdog50 07/21/2010 12:48pm
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 21, 2010 12:12pm

They are going to drag this on for hours. Because they stripped this bill with nothing in it now and only a few getting deadline extention next week everything will look great in the unemployemnt figures because there are more who exhausted than who were kick off of the systems. The was a major mistake done in this Bill and I am afraid the few are going to pay like the Millions and millions who exhausted their benefits. Good luck to ALL Unemployed

lordgotmilk 07/21/2010 12:45pm
in reply to minimoe Jul 21, 2010 9:19am

I’m not sure how Florida’s system works, but in Ohio, I can’t file online, but am able to using the phone system. Online it says there’s no weeks I can claim, but like I said, I am able to file by phone.