H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

satdog 07/12/2010 4:57pm
in reply to sassysally50 Jul 12, 2010 1:52pm

Politicians knows the job issue in this country there are too many exhausting benefits. Too many people out of work that need a lifleine. Get a Bill for Tiers 5 , 6 and extend it for one additional year and stop the games it is absolutely needed why are you continuing to do this. Democratics lead and get it done! Politicians spend money on other things without question why is it that this is an issue! Washington time is running out and patients by ALL Unemployed. There are not enough fulltime jobs to support Millions out of work.

MsDubya 03/26/2010 1:43am

This in from HuffPo, just now:

The GOP is once again blocking a bill to let unemployed move from One Tier to the Next AND TO ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL 53 WEEKS OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FOR LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED.

Read it for yourself: at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/25/senate-begins-game-of-chi_n_513620.html

I hope the GOP knows that they’re doing. FINALLY, I hope the GOP knows that there are many of their own constituents out of work. They really need to get over themselves with this crap!

Post this story about the GOP anywhere you can. On any forum you visit and pass it along to your friends and family so they can in turn pass it along. The country needs to know what the GOP stands for and that’s “NOTHING.”

tybeedac 06/16/2010 9:34am

I am also one of the long term unemployed. I have two college degrees and 15 years experience in my field. Finding a job that even comes close to my old pay, is almost impossible. I have become one of the middle aged unemployable people. I have skills. I work hard. I want a job. Not only do we need longer extensions of current unemployment benefits, we need a real solution. I am tried of being poor. My husband was a general residential contractor. He hasn’t had real work for a couple of years. What I want is the government to provide small business loans with stimulus monies to people like us, so we can create or buy our own small business,hopefully end our joblessness. With the loss of income over the last few years, our good credit is gone. With a car repossessed, and we have many unpaid bills. Our credit score is in the toilet and through normal routes, we can never get any money to start a business. We are worth the risk, and we don’t want to live like we have anymore.

mjr6 05/21/2010 5:16am
in reply to richc Mar 19, 2010 12:16pm

rich c, I agree with you, but please don’t lump all “those tier 1 and 2 people” togther just because of one person’s ignorance! (they are probably employed and pretending to be one of us!) I am one of those tier 1 people, who by the way will be out of benefits by the end of the month if HR 4213 is not passed soon and very soon! I have also been writing letters, making phone calls, etc. etc. for support of my situation/extension as well as for yours and the other “99’ers” (adding a TierV). I will continue to petition, write letters, emails and make phone calls on behalf of all the people before me who have already exhausted their benefits as I truly believe that all of the “99’ers” still need assistance and should get it! I hope that you and the other 99’ers will do the same for me and the thousands like me as we all need all the help we can get and we need to do it together!

Star58 07/12/2010 12:21pm

Well here you have to have experience to do anything. Cleaning buildings…experience. Flipping burgers…experience. You can’t be unemployed amd don’t be overqualified. Before I got laid off we had an opening for an entry level job. People with Master degrees were applying. The manager started throwing these away. She said we would spend too much money training people who weren’t going to stay.

Walnut12 06/16/2010 10:29am
in reply to ccofbuffalo May 21, 2010 7:32am

loganstorm 06/16/2010 11:22am
in reply to Wormwood Jun 16, 2010 10:46am

They aren’t done voting on amendments yet (watch directtv,ch 351) so how can u say its been voted down??

Walnut12 06/16/2010 10:33am

This bill not passing today for some reason doesn’t suprise me one bit at all. I have paid my taxes for 20 years and never collected unemployment until this past year. I just exhausted my first extension today and the guy on the phone tells me no one has any idea as to if I will get my tier 2 extension. It figures right us Americans that pay are way and do as we should are always the one’s left in the cold. While Congress plays with our lives and gets richer by doing so. How is is that we have money to help other countries but when it comes to helping our own we are broke. I am sorry but I am severly frustrated and this bill needs to be passed one way or another. To Congress, just remember every extra day that passes by millions of peoples lives spin down the black hole we call society in America today. Help “US” to live our lives! Figure this out soon.

tmo520 06/16/2010 3:15pm
in reply to loganstorm Jun 16, 2010 11:22am

i’m trying to follow this bouncing ball, but can’t seem to keep up! so there has not been a final vote yet? are you saying that tomorrow they will vote again and this time it will be minus the “stimulus” $25/week “extra”? OMG – i just don’t know what will happen if they don’t extend this. i guess we’ll all be filing for food stamps, welfare, medicade/medicare and whatever else is out there. i’m sick over this and can’t even sleep. to bad i don’t have a job with health benefits so that i could go to the doctor! OMG

rachel002 06/15/2010 4:35am
in reply to MTeinert Mar 18, 2010 7:32am

I have to agree with you on your comment. I was laid off from my place of employment 8 months ago and have been sending out resumes like crazy on a daily basis. I was making way more than what I get on unemployment! Do you think I love being on unemployment? Ummmm NO! But I have to in order to survive and keep a roof over my head. These people making the harsh and untrue remarks are people that have a job but have NO IDEA hard it is for the unemployed. Unless these people have or are going through hard times like us do not need to be leaving comments unless they have “been there and done that”. We need to take a look at why employers aren’t hiring new employees? It’s becuase they cut back on all their budgets and learned to work with “less” due to the recession. Why doesn’t congress force employers to hire a certain amount of “new” employers each month. Good luck in your job search and I wish you and your family the best! :)

tonydatillo 05/29/2010 7:48pm

I think so. At least that’s what I read in a few different news articles.

lordgotmilk 07/11/2010 4:25pm
in reply to grant3719 Jul 11, 2010 8:58am

I live in Appalachian Ohio, where my grandmother was raised during the Great Depression. If it gets much worse, I will have to resort to the types of things they did to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table. My grandmother was a person a great faith, I may never know anyone with that much faith and to hear her tell the stories was so out of character. I’m beginning to understand where they were. I do feel that they need to extend it further. I think the fear of extending benefits further is because we are at a point where, as a country, we need a great shift of workforce and no one seems to believe enough in any one way to act.

We need to design, manufacture, market and service our products here. I believe our small businesses are the key, but until enough have figured out that it is what we need to do to get out of this, we’re all left behind. Anywho, enough of my rant. Keep up the good fight and do what you need to.

jereme28 07/07/2010 5:34pm

Stephen Colbert said it perfectly, “Going on a diet while you are starving, is not a good idea”

dankennedy73 06/27/2010 7:58am
in reply to bhrodeoaz Jun 26, 2010 3:39pm

Thanks for the link, I hope it makes it through Congress this time.

ca23 06/10/2010 7:09pm

Its going to come down to which Republican Senators will vote with us. These are the 4 repulicans who voted yes on our last extension. Lets direct our fax/call/email and ask them to extend benefits and add and extension for Tier 4 whose benefits have ended. Lets target them also. Its all going to come down to this. Lets do this!

-Scott Brown
-George Voinovich
-Susan Collins
-Olyimpia J. Snowe

scottbrown.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/emailscottbrown

voinovich.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact

collins.senate.gov/public/continue.cfm?FuseAction=Contact

snowe.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ContactSenate.
bergcycles1

PHoneycutt 06/10/2010 4:58pm
in reply to Abaratarrr Jun 04, 2010 9:52am

They are “massaging” the numbers:))) And, we all know what that means, don’t we.

PHoneycutt 06/10/2010 5:03pm
in reply to ProducerJoe Jun 06, 2010 2:05pm

Nothing is EVER said about the BILLIONS that we are giving to AFGHANISTAN – trying to convert them to DEMOCRACY – when that won’t EVER HAPPEN – BECAUSE IT IS A RELIGIOUS WAR. As soon as we leave, if we ever leave – remember Haliburton/Chency is involved – just like Haliburton/Cheney/BP is involved in the Gulf – things will go back just the way they were. They will be “blowing up” each other AGAIN!!!!! We don’t have any business being in Afghanistan. Would we allow them to come into our country and do what we are doing in their country? The leader of Afghanistan is having meetings with the Taliban and we are giving them BILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, now we can “Pay as you Go” the Unemployment Benefits that are so desperately needed in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Spam Comment

enrico17 07/11/2010 4:13pm

Just read where Manchin will not be appointing an interim Senator until after the Thurs. special session, that is if they conclude all business that day. The earliest someone can be there is a week from this Monday. Do the math, see how many days before August recess. Why is he stalling, even as he says with pressure from Washington. Does he not want his state to be the deciding vote. Do we really want this guy as a senator with all the back tracking he is doing. If Reid waits for WV vote, and does not compromise with the Repbs, this bill if finished until Nov. We don’t need another Repub or Nelson in the Senate. God help this country.

brokechristine 07/11/2010 12:28pm

I have prayed, cried, protested, wrote the president, congress, my senator, local radio and tv stations and it makes me sick to my stomach to count on this extension. I freakin hate it. I am an educated, 40 something single woman who worked 3 jobs to pay for a college education ( no assistance) I have raised my son (23) to believe that if you work hard, save, don’t spend and strive for your dreams you can make it happen.I worked for everything I have. I have been and will always be a picture of the working poor- I have never been able to save enough to buy a home, get a new car, shop at the mall, or go on a real vacation.I have spent the last 6 months desperately looking for work!! I’ve gone half out of my mind on what to do…when my employer closed 8 months ago, I had to start all over again.I am depressed and feel like a f’n loser- I need a job- so I can support myself, I have no futher dreams of being rich, having a home, new car etc…i just want to live-is that too much?really?

ArmyMedicsWife 05/31/2010 8:09am
in reply to vmo1969 May 23, 2010 11:10am

The government won’t ever allow folks like you to be included in the unemployment numbers because they have to maintain the lie to the American people. “See? We’re making progress! Unemployment’s going down! Pay no attention to those folks who can’t collect money and are STILL out of work. They don’t count, really.” And folks believe that tripe.

The American people are apparently not “too big to fail” when it comes to helping out our legal citizens when they fall on hard times.

tinahdans 06/04/2010 6:23am

STOP THE BAILOUTS!!

PORBOUY 06/09/2010 2:27pm

I too have been watching the proceedings on C-span at the Senate. Can they please just help us americans out who can`t locate work and stop stuffing in pork projects. We need this done now -99 weekers are not the only ones losing benefits -in fact most of them are gone now. New people are losing jobs daily and millions are exhausting their weeks or tiers without being able to find work. They`ll be plenty more to follow in the future besides the people who are getting cut off now from their tiers. 20 +% of America unemployed and employers asking for PHDs to fill bagger jobs at the store for minimum wages. If your not out there you don`t know how bad it is and count your lucky stars -please help us -we are losing homes/cars/and medicals for our families! Please help fellow americans now!! PASS 4213 NOW!!

Nodlee87 07/22/2010 5:33pm
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 22, 2010 4:23pm

7 Days to Be Heard!!!

MY FELLOW 99ERS!!! Please contact your local news stations!! All you have to do is call… some are not aware of the 99ers situations…they have been broadcasting about the unemployment extension yet some do not know how bad a Tier 5 extension is needed for the 99ers that are suffering…the media is the only way to get Congress’ attention!!! Please call them and let them know how important it is for us to be heard right now!! WE HAVE 7 DAYS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

adrabon 07/22/2010 2:33pm

Everyone dont give up.Push through this.
P.U.S.H= Pray Untill Something Happens

vote4whoandwhy 05/22/2010 2:46am
in reply to lrc Mar 20, 2010 12:31pm

I have been working since I was 16 (now 42) and have been out of work since 2008. I worked for a residential real estate title and escrow company and prior thereto, in law firms in the capacity as a legal secretary. Let me tell you that I also am struggling to make ends meet and to find a job. I am noticing the same legal secretarial jobs being reposted every other week, and I am beginning to wonder if those companies are getting some kind of a kick back for advertising!! BTW, most jobs are posting, “must speak Spanish”!!! WTF!!!!I applied to fast food chains also, and I am sure they toss out my application too. It is so difficult NOT to be in a constant state of depression. I have sold ALL my valuable possessions that I had worked so hard for throughout the years just to make sure my dogs and I are fed and have a roof over our heads. I pray for everyone during this desperate time..hang in there all.

ExGOP 07/22/2010 5:34pm

TO ALL MY FELLOW UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS … LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD AND DON’T STOP FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHTS ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR CHECKS.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:

THIS COULD BE YOU! ECONOMISTS PREDICT JOBS WILL NOT BE BACK BY NOV. 30TH! THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT A SMALL PICKUP IN 2012, BUT EVEN THEN THIS COUNTRY WILL PROBABLY NOT BE ABLE TO CREATE 15 MILLION JOBS BY THEN. IN OTHER WORDS, ANY RECOVERY WILL BE SLOW. LET’S START NOW TO HELP AVOID THE CRAP WE ARE CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH.

P.S. PLEASE FORWARD THE PETITION LINK TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS TO SIGN. WE STILL NEED 11,000+ SIGNATURES TO REACH THE 50,000 GOAL.

minimoe 07/20/2010 11:06am

“WASHINGTON — Senate Democrats, with the help of a pair of Maine Republicans, broke a GOP filibuster this afternoon and set up an expected vote late tonight or tomorrow to approve an extension of unemployment benefits for the long-term jobless.”

“Benefits would be good through November, and retroactive to June 2. The vote this afternoon was to begin 30 hours of debate, and will require another vote before it goes to the House, which is expected to approve the measure on Wednesday”
(quotes from boston.com)

So I would venture to say that actual vote would definitely be tonight. This is GREAT NEWS FINALY my friends!!!

SonsOfAmerica 07/22/2010 6:02am
in reply to JoshR May 31, 2010 5:33pm

In America’s economic hay-day (50’s, 60’s, 70’s) small business drove 70% of the American workforce. (Neighbor helping neighbor) Obama is creating a good environment for the small business to come back and create enough jobs for Americans, however, China and other outside influences to our currupt congress isn’t helping a thing. …How about this as a solution: we have over-filled jails across America; how about instead of serving years, the prisoners serve work hours (based on productivity, of course)in factory jobs… No work, no time off your sentence!… How many millions of jobs would this create? … How fast would republicans shoot it down? … “too much government.. it would hurt the world economy” (china)

gerryd 07/22/2010 7:33am

WHAT CAN I SAY??? THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A LONG, DEMEANING, DEGRADING, HARROWING PERIOD OF SUFFERING AND WAITING AND BEING USED AS PAWNS BY THE PEOPLE WE ELECTED INTO GOVERNMENT POSITIONS!! MANY OF THEM SEEMED TO TAKE DELIGHT IN WATCHING US WALLOW AND BED. IT IS NOT BAD ENOUGH WHAT OUR EMPLOYERS HAVE DONE TO US, SOME UNNECESSARILY, BECAUSE WHERE I WAS EMPLOYED, THEY FIRED 25 OF US AND THEN REPLACED US ALL. THEN THEY HAD THE AUDACITY TO TRY TO BLOCK OUR U/C BENEFITS AND WE ALL HAD APPEAL HEARINGS AND WON!!! YET THIS IS ALLOWED BECAUSE PA IS AN AT-WILL-STATE!!! WE NEED TO KEEP PUSHING FOR MORE EXTENDED BENEFITS UNTIL THIS GOVERNMENT HELPS US TO FIND JOBS, OR MAKES LAWS TO KEEP CORPORATIONS/EMPLOYERS FROM DOING TO PEOPLE WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!! YOUR SELF-ESTEEM IS CRUSHED, YOU BECOME ANTI-SOCIAL, YOU GET PHYSICALLY ILL, YOU FEEL WORTHLESS AND IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE. THEY CARE MORE ABOUT ANIMALS/WILDLIFE/MARINE LIFE SUFFERING THAN THEY DO ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS!!!!!