H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

danielstraley 06/14/2009 7:48am

The idea was to keep the state out of the church not the church out of the state history show that.

• Spam Comment

cargowerk1 03/02/2009 12:03pm

I feel very sorry for you and the vacuum you exist in!!!!!!!

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Anonymous 03/03/2009 11:18am

what laws that are besed only in Christian dogma would those be?
    there is nothing saying yiou have to believe in christ.
    if you were smart you would believe in christ now. If you don’t do it now you will have to bow before him at the judgement seat and confess that he is God. Then you will spend an eternity in hell. it is not too late to change your mind though.
    By the way there is no such thing as an athiest.
    if an “athiest” is falling off a cliff, he is going to say “save me” Who is he saying that to? not himself, too a greater being. GOD

yougotthatright 03/12/2009 12:17pm

First of all, you are not an ATHEIST. You are a God rejecting M O R O N! Sencond of all, you have to follow laws based on a 2,000 year old book because you live in a country founded on that 2,000 year old book. By the way, you are having such a problem with that Book and God because you are more than likely living like a wicked devil and you don’t want to change. Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. You are a sinner and you have one of two choices to make before you meet the God of whom you reject. Either you let Him pay for your sins through the blood of Jesus Christ or you can pay for them yourself in an eternal lake of fire. That is the ultimate issue that you and so many others refuse to face.

shaniqua12 05/01/2009 12:37pm

god says no on eight :)
    (he told me last night in bed)

Anonymous 03/02/2009 12:53pm

You said
    How is it that your “tolerant church” allows something that God does not? Have you ever read 1 Corinthians 6 or 1 Timothy 1??

<<<< How is it that Jesus condemned The Pharisee’s and the Saducee’s, before, during and after the Govt beheaded John the Baptist? They were the dominant religions when Jesus walked the earth and Jesus condemned them all for their lack of tolerance for sinners. Have you ever read your bible? Take care of your own salvation in fear and trembling! Mathew Mark Luke John the beloved.>>>>

Anonymous 02/28/2009 5:25am

first of all..God made man AND woman…and sactified the marriage of Adam and EVE,,,not Adam and STEVE…secondly, if you are that outspoken about your religious right to same sex marriages, why are you “annonymous”?…

Anonymous 03/02/2009 1:20pm

You said
    God made man AND woman, sactified marriage of Adam and EVE, not Adam and STEVE. if you are outspoken about your religious right, why are you “annonymous”?…
    <<<<He also made the beasts of the field and everything else that exists and sanctified everything….second, read “Please login or signup unless you wish to post anonymously” ..given your Adam and Eve outburst,why don’t you state your name. You stuck on the story of sodom and gomorrah? they were eating, drinking and YES marrying when the fire came upon them…in the old testament, the floods of Noah came while they were eating drinking and marrying. Seems God isn’t forgiving of heteros. My cousin is gay, and I love her!>>>>>

eyemall 03/04/2009 5:39pm

Have you ever read Leviticus? It says there that a man that lies with a man like with woman kind is an abomination and shall be destroyed. Does God think it is okay for same sex relationships? NO that is what is destroying this nation today is immoral things such as this.

shaniqua12 05/01/2009 12:38pm

it wasnt steve it was henry

Anonymous 03/03/2009 2:32am

Do you realize how crazy you sound? “The ban of same sex marriage is an assault on religous freedom”. It was God that said homosexuality was wrong, not the 1st or 9th amendments.

shaniqua12 05/01/2009 12:39pm

no god told me last night in bed he was no on 8

randar 09/29/2009 9:38am

It was some guy that wrote Leviticus that said it not God/gods/what ever. There is no proof what so ever that a higher being wrote or said anything that any Holy book that has been written by man says. Show me the proof, guess what you can’t because it is not there. The Bible was written by man. The books that are in the bible ware voted on by MAN. Some books were thrown out because those that decides which should be in the Bible disagreed with them. I have asked this of many pious people that I’ve known and not one can show proof. They only thing they can say is that you have to have Faith. Well guess what, every Religion the world has ever had has been based off FAITH it does not mean they are right.

sgtchilidog 03/23/2009 7:24am

The SAME ARGUMENT could be made for Human Sacrifice, as for Same Sex Marriage, under the auspices of Religious Freedom. That’s NOT a Constitutional Rights issue. The Constitution protects your right to practice your religion, not to do whatever you please, by calling it religion. Similarly, the Constitution protects “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms” by stating that right “shall not be infringed” – provided you aren’t breaking the law. This bill is an infringement of the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, gay marriage bans are not Rights issues, they procedural matters. Plain and simple.

randar 09/29/2009 9:56am

The difference here is that Human Sacrifice is hurting someone while Same Sex marrige is not. This is a poor argument. And no I’m not a Anti-American Democrat but I do belief in the freedom of Same sex marrage after all this does not hurt me anymore than regular marrage. In fact I think it is a petty thing to be arguing about. I mean let say the Christian (pick one) view of the universe is true (god forbid) then souldn’t be God how should judge them and not you? To finish this off I believe in the Constitution, I opposed to Communism and Socilism. Believe in a strong Military, I’m Pro-Choice. And I’m Anti-Gore. I love my SUV as much as I love my guns, I’d be damn if I’ll let anyone take them away.

thepinepony 03/31/2009 9:52am

Same sex marriage is a sin, READ YOUR BIBLE. You will find its Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

BartelsK 05/02/2009 7:27am

Then your “tolarnt Church” is not a biblical church. Jusus never called for tolarnce he called for truth. Read the Bible you claim to stand on.

danielstraley 06/14/2009 7:46am

same sex marriage is banned in a book I read it is called the BIBLE SOME WERE IN ROMANS .I belive homosexuals do deserve and should be protected under the law yes civil unions yes MARRIAGE NO!

Anonymous 03/01/2009 12:04pm

Take Eastern Oregon and Washington with openly conservative California. Likewise, take the western parts of Washington and Oregon and throw those together. Everybody wins!

zsu2357 05/11/2009 4:16pm

what doe’s gays church adam&eve got to do with the second amendment
    get back on track.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

salguodluap 02/27/2009 5:32am

You are a naive idiot if you think cops all cops will support gun bans.

BOCKA 03/21/2009 3:35am

Marines won’t support the gun laws, because it’s a constitutional right to bear arms. Everyone who ever served swore to defend the constitution, from all enimies, forign and domestic.

Anonymous 02/28/2009 1:34pm

Cops do not “hand out punishments” the arrest suspects. That is the job of the Judge.

Anonymous 03/04/2009 6:26am

Real America?? Give me a break already. I’m tired of that condescending BS from you people.

This bill was introduced by the guy from IL. Is that not real america? And yes, it must be squelched before it even gets to a vote.

Defilade 03/09/2009 6:27am

Sorry, but you could’nt be any further from the truth. FEMA camp’s over 600 in the U.S have been already constructed when Martial Law is inposed for a Terroist event or FINACIAL collapse..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1VOMsJapZM&feature=related

tankujack 03/12/2009 8:08am

I agree this bill needs to squelched before it goes any farther. I was brought up a law abiding citizen and my country is bound and determined to make me a fellon I refuse to register my guns and or my ammunition so if it’s a fight they want I will be a front runner and will die defending our 2nd amendment rights!

RadarLEO 03/10/2009 5:47pm

Amen! I’m 23 years law enforcement and 3 years military. I have yet to see a gun law/restriction such as this do any good for saving lives, it only causes major civil unrest with peaceful law abiding citizens!