H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

• Spam Comment

bidthrower 02/05/2009 3:34am

Im comming to Alaska and Palin will always be my choice no matter who’s running against her…

shaniqua12 05/01/2009 12:57pm

apparently palins inmpressionable spelling skills have rubbed off on you

Anonymous 02/27/2009 12:38am

And you will keep the Russians or Chinese from coming in wiping you out and taking the oil how?

“What luck for rulers that men do not think.” (Adolf Hitler)

We need you beside us, don’t turn tail and run screaming like a little girl just because it might get tough.

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 8:07pm

Molon labe!

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 8:09pm

Come and take them, Bobby!

• Anonymous 02/02/2009 3:11am

U.S. citizens cannot wait until “they” come for our guns. Nor can they wait for another election to vote someone out of office. The time is now to be proactive. I admit, I have only recently become a gun owner and the stark realities of the possibilities of the government taking control of my guns and leaving me defenseless against whatever and whoever wishes to do me harm, has moved me to being a doer and not a talker. Putting ourselves “out there” will certainly make us the first target; however, if we leave it for Congress to decide, we might as well just pack up our guns and ammunition for them to pick up. Citizens can go to OPENCongress and see all the bills that are going to committee. H.R. 45 is not the only bill on guns. Rep. Roscoe Bartlett is sponsoring a bill, H.R. 17, for citizens to retain their 2nd Amendment rights. Today is the day that if you do nothing else to protect your 2nd Amendment rights, you should pick up your phone or write any and all senators and representatives to voice your opinion on both H.R. 45 and H.R. 17. I say today, because tomorrow may be too late. Thank you for consideration of being proactive and for taking a stand.

stancel 02/02/2009 3:56am

I have been politically active for many years, and very “involved”. You know what though, your representative doesn’t really care what you do or think. The American sheep have demonstrated time and again that they are more than happy to vote for whoever the media tells them to. That being the case, why would a senator or congressman really care what you think?

The American public was overwhelmingly against the wall street bailout, but did it matter? Of course not! And what did America do about it? Vote in a bunch of members from the other party of the two party dictatorship who is now passing another bail out.

Wake up people. There are lots of good third party candidates out there. I now only spend my time supporting third party candidates (the exception being Ron Paul). Once an election is over and I see idiot America has voted in more of the same, I don’t waste my time writing congress or being active until the next election. Then I can watch the voting sheep do the same thing all over again.

It would be comical if it wasn’t so serious.

dacman61 02/20/2009 10:32am

You most definitely hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

I awoke from my deep “sheep” sleep back around 2001, while in college. I have been paying close attention to the media and how people react to the media. I’ve been trying my best to get my input from multiple resources, and make an educated decision myself. Not to have the media make up my mind for me.

I’ve also been paying close attention to our countries’ history, and the changes that have been occurring rapidly in the past 10-70 years with big government regulations and such.

• mighty1 02/02/2009 3:24am

What is there to say!!!! Gun ownership is a fundamental right of the people that live in this country!
    Perhaps this bill will wake up some of the liberals that fear inanimate objects (guns)!
    As the saying goes, “only criminals will have guns”.
    This absolutely must not be passed!!

• stancel 02/02/2009 3:50am

In the U.K, where handguns have been outlawed, crimes involving the use of handguns has gone up 40%.

The politicians know it wont make you safer, and they know that criminals will still have full access to guns. But, this isn’t about making you safer, it is about control. Government can’t control the criminals, so they go after law abiding people instead. On the other hand, if American’s are stupid enough to continue falling for this two party monarchy system, then I guess we deserve what we get.

At what point does idiot America start voting 3rd party???

dacman61 02/20/2009 10:38am

I’m definitely tired of the 2 party system… For the first time this past election, I voted 3rd party. Since WV has one of most restrictive “3rd Party” voting restrictions in the country, I couldn’t vote for the party candidate that I wanted to. Even writing in his name wouldn’t have even counted. :( I was planning on voting for the Libertarian candidate, but he wasn’t on the “Acceptable Write-In” list, nor was Ron Paul, but their was a Constitution Party candidate, that I ended up voting for… Hell even Santa Claus was on the damn ballot!

• Anonymous 02/02/2009 6:41am

Those Congressmen, which I see as the majority, have seperated themselves from the law abiding citizens and have focused their efforts on protecting illegals and those who are not law abiding citizens. To bare a firearm is a second ammendment right. Leave it alone, congress! Start to focus on working for us, as it should be, and quit working for a select few. Congress has lost 98% of its backbone over many, many years now; and are working within a group of immature, childish and self absorbed people, THE CONGRESS!

• Anonymous 02/02/2009 8:06am

The most horrible thing about this is if there can a day something like this passed, the amount of lost life would be tragic.
    Law abiding, America loving citizens would instantly become criminals in the eyes of the legal system they faithfully support and abide by.
    A stroke of a pen would spill the blood of the very backbone of America, both citizens and the ones who dutifully enforce its laws.

• Anonymous 02/02/2009 10:33am

How do you make law abiding citizens criminals? You pass a bill like H.R.45. Speak up and help protect your rights, if the second ammendment falls what’s next? The original 10 ammendments are the foundation of our country and they need to be protected.

• Anonymous 02/02/2009 10:33am

• DontTreadOnMe 02/02/2009 3:07pm

It is unconstitutional and it also violates the Brady Bill…This article explains it nicely…

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 5:20am

Not in my life….

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 5:59am

We all need to make an important decision as these bills pass, for there is now nothing to stop their passing. First is registration, next is limitation thru regulation, then comes confiscation. We must each personally decide to either disarm or stand and fight.

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 6:50am

ILL GOV SPONSER WHO CANT OWN A FIREARM .WHO VOTED HIM IN? THIS BILL IS BEYOND STUPID . VOTE HIM OUT. DONT ALLOW LIKE MINDED PEOPLE IN OFFICE ANYMORE OR MOVE TO OKLAHOMA .OWER LAW ENFORCEMENT WOULD NEVER COME AFTER YOUR GUNS OR AMMO

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 7:40am

The Canadaians and other countries have done this process and all it has done is cost a large amount of money with no return.
    What is gained by knowing who has a firearms. The poeple who do register are not the ones using firearms for the wrong use. SHould we registar all knifes they kill people as well. Don’t focus on the tool but who is using the tool. This law was developed by a tool.

• seal876 02/03/2009 8:44am

I would also like quote the 2nd ammendment

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”

“Necessary to the security of a free State” can be interpreted as a “state” of well being. I no long feel free within my state. I am from Cook County, Illinois and I, for sure, feel my rights to carry, own, and the type of firearm I own, are being infringed upon.

If any of you are from Chicago (common) all can see how well the city wide gun ban is working. Violent Crimes were up to new records last year. Many of them were the result of guns in the hands of criminals. The liberals say “But, there is a gun ban, they shouldn’t have had them in the first place.” The borders around a gun free zone will zap you like a shock collar if you try to bring one in and it is not registered. This is just absurd. We ALL know that criminals will ALWAYS have guns. And average non-carrying citizens will ALWAYS be victims if we can’t equalize the playing field angainst those crimals. I am not talking about street justice, but a gun waving back at the face of a thug is a pretty good deterant without even firing a shot. It is statistically proven that state/cities that allow the conceal & carry of firearm, violent crime drops dramatically.

By taking away those rights of law abiding citizens you are only creating more victims and a constant “state” of fear.

Anonymous 02/03/2009 1:11pm

They must think that we buy them and give them to criminals. Ya, that’s it….

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 1:07pm

WRITE YOUR CONGRESS AND STATE SENATORS

I need another fricking license like I need a bullet in my eye. Holy cow.

• docsean 02/03/2009 1:47pm

What a crock! Law abiding citizens already obey the laws. Many of the issues covered in this bill are already covered in one form or another in other federal or state laws.
    NOTHING in this bill, as it is explained here, will have the least impact on a criminal’s willingness to procure or use a weapon. It will certainly NOT prevent a person who is willing to engage in criminal behavior from finding or using one.
    We don’t need more laws, we need definitive and uniform enforcement of the laws already on the books.

• Anonymous 02/03/2009 2:40pm

Never give up your guns, guns = freedom from dictatorship. Their goal is to disarm us like Europe, we will let that happen???

It may come to a point of life or death one day, better make up your mind on what you will do when they show up at your door.

• Fudzy 02/03/2009 9:10pm

“THIS YEAR WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY. FOR THE FIRST TIME, A CIVILIZED NATION HAS FULL GUN REGISTRATION. OUR STREETS WILL BE SAFER, OUR POLICE MORE EFFICIENT, AND THE WORLD WILL FOLLOW OUR LEAD INTO THE FUTURE!” ADOLF HITLER 1935

• hank 02/04/2009 4:16am

It actually cites suicides in the bill? You know how people commit suicide in China, where owning a gun is illegal? They drink poison.

“Half of the suicides on the mainland are of women in rural areas, who commonly drink pesticide to end their lives.”

• Anonymous 02/04/2009 8:57am

Hey,

Blame on the HBO, Cinamax, Starz, movie theater and many other shows that are not mention. They are promoting that it is ok to shot people because it is fake. Most of the shows are about drug users. They are educating the people wrong message. Drugs and shooting people is not the right message to pass on to little kids who sees the shows on TV in the living room.

They don’t make a good law-abiding citizen movie shows who can respect the bear to right with arms.

Let’s educate the people how to handle the guns safely and can be fun sporting to shoot targets with families instead of shooting real live humans……. like the movie shows.

WildCard 02/05/2009 4:56am

Please, why don’t we get back to personal accountability!!! Stop blaming everything on everyone else. We are our own worst enemy. We let this happen. The power that be and the media see an opportunity every time someone uses a firearm unlawfully and cries we must save the children and no one wants to see children hurt or killed right? So lets ban guns. what a joke that is.

Education is certainly the key but it is every individuals responsibility to get the answers to their questions. The problem is that most people don’t care enough to bother. They have what I call the FAT AND HAPPY SYNDROME.