H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

• Patriots 07/18/2009 2:02pm

I think another issue I have been involved with applies to this too.

You all know what they say about a person that has nothing left to lose, and what a person will do to survive.

We are on track to have millions of people like that soon in America.

“Federal Stimulus Provided Critical Help to Unemployed – But More Needed Soon New York – A sobering analysis released today by the National Employment Law Project estimates that 540,000 Americans will exhaust their unemployment insurance benefits by the end of September, and a whopping 1.5 million will run out of coverage by the end of the year. NELP’s state-by-state analysis comes on the same day as the states announce their latest unemployment figures, and together they
    demonstrate the pressing need for more extensions. “Over half a million Americans will face life without a paycheck or an unemployment check by the end of September. By the end of the year, that figure will triple”.

• Patriots 07/18/2009 4:33pm

The U.S. Senate is now considering the National Defense Authorization Act (S. 1390). As a part of the consideration of that legislation, Senators John Thune (R-SD) and David Vitter (R-LA) will offer an amendment on Monday to provide for interstate recognition of Right-to-Carry permits. There is a very high likelihood of a Senate floor vote on this important and timely pro-gun reform on Monday or Tuesday.

• CowboyRick 07/19/2009 2:29am

The “BRADY BUNCH” is at it again, now they are out to close the “LOOPHOLE in the GUNSHOW BILL”, haven’t found out the number of the bill yet but it is coming, just read about it in the Ft. WORTH STAR TELEGRAM but as usual, NO Bill Number was given.

• rbowen1949 07/19/2009 3:06pm

This is about H.R.45 It is my constitutional right to own a Gun for self defence, I am not out there killing people. To me the Constitution is like the Bible, Both tells me what I can do and what I cna’t do. And when it comes time that the Goverment tells me I can’t do ethier the lord may as well come and take us all

• FEDUP30 07/19/2009 3:07pm

What needs to be done is all the people come together and get rid of the stupid idiots in congress. They are senators for too long and think they are above everyone else. They won’t take my guns!

• daccame 07/20/2009 4:36am

The hate and vitriol in the previous posts is reason enough for taking guns away from you crazies!

Seriously, though, you lovers of freedom should be campaining for peace rather than harranging for your arms. Lay them down and take up the plow!

• boatcaptainmike 07/20/2009 4:37am

So many have given their lives in service to our country and flag, to protect our rights and freedoms. I will not dishonor the fallen by surrendering my constitutional right to bear arms for political correctness or anyone’s political agenda. Guns do not kill people, people kill people.

intruder09 09/19/2010 5:17pm

you don’t like it, move to Siberia you twit!

• jmdix1 07/20/2009 12:15pm

What controls are going to be enforced on the criminals? Are they going to be “required” to register their guns? Just what we need – more Government control.

• kimjones1 07/20/2009 2:26pm

I won’t let them take my guns either but please don’t be fooled they are ready for what ever revolution or civl war we take up.

please look at the site

• Dambuilder 07/20/2009 3:03pm

Amen to all comments!

• CowboyRick 07/20/2009 4:12pm

Well I’m not a CRAZIE-I’ve served my country and shed blood for it in times past-not the present problem eventhough they are most equal in their sacrifices, just different circumstances. Don’t get MAD just EVEN!!

• greedygus1 07/20/2009 4:35pm

It’s time we all quit sitting on our collective butts and stand up and take action. First, if you are not a member of the NRA or a similar organization, join, strength is in numbers. Second, we need to press for term limits on Congress, these old farts think it is a permanent job and could care less how we feel or what we think, they know what is best for us. Two terms is long enough, it is as President. And last, VOTE, exercise your right to protect our rights, and monitor how they vote on legislation once they are elected and let them know how you feel, they work for us not the other way around!!!!

• tigggr1570 07/21/2009 11:03am

If you take away our right to own and possess guns we will be sitting ducks for the criminals. Criminals will have guns regardless of what the law says. Why would anyone with half a brain want to make the criminals stronger and the rest of the citizens at their mercy?? Pull your head out and do something about crime that doesn’t require the rest of us to give up our only means of protection from these people!

• dfingers58 07/21/2009 11:15am

Like MY forefathers, you’ll find it VERY difficult to take away my rights, whether you try to force me or not. I’m a law abiding citizen who has gone through stringent background checks and am licensed to carry a concealed weapon. The one who tries to take my gun will find out just how good I am.

• dirtytech 07/22/2009 6:46am

this is just another crock b.s. bill to slowly take away our right to own guns. they will just start making it harder and harder to pass so that nobody will be able to pass it. then only criminals that dont care about the law or anyone else will have guns.

• tomkat100 07/22/2009 6:59am

The politicians that violate their office to “protect and
    defend the constitution” should be held accountable -regardless of which party they are a member. Voting for this unconstitutional bill is such a violation of our
    rights and freedom.

• tomkat100 07/22/2009 7:04am

The politicians that violate their oath of office to “protect and defend the constitution” should be held accountable -regardless of which party they are a member. Voting for this unconstitutional bill H.R. 45 is such an
    act and a violation of our rights and freedom.

• TEA 07/22/2009 10:31am

I say anyone who wants to vote this in should not get reelected

• bigmacque 07/22/2009 12:32pm

Sadly, of the millions of registered gun owners in America, there are only 1600+ comments on this site against this bill. Apathy in America runs amuck,and it’s that apathy that could well spell the end of our rights …. not just gun ownership rights, but many other rights currently guaranteed.

• jcarbaugh 07/23/2009 6:13am

Take a deep breath. This bill has no co-sponsors and is likely to die in committee. If, on some off chance, it makes it out of the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security and comes up for a vote in the House Committee on the Judiciary, then you can start worrying.

This bill is not going to even see a vote on the House floor.

• jhendrix62 07/23/2009 7:12am

Is the next bill coming down the pike going to require us to register our library cards so reading material can be approved by Senate. Or will we be made to worship only in Senate approved churches, synagogs, etc.
    The citizens of this great country need to speak out and quit being puppets for the politicians to manipulate. Our forefathers would be appalled with how willingly and easily we have given up what they fought so hard to obtain. We are the majority, not the politicians, and the majority rules in a democracy. While we are still a democracy, we need to stand together and let our voices be heard.
    I love this country and the freedoms that are guaranteed within it.

• FireOpal 07/23/2009 11:21am

This is ridiculous. The biggest problem with any type of gun control is that it only keeps guns out of law-abiding citizens’ reaches. Does the creator of this bill really think that crime is going to go down because there are more restrictions? People who commit crimes have already shown a blatant disregard for the letter of the law. Adding more restrictive laws only increases the chances for more violent crimes. GUN CONTROL IS KNOWING HOW TO SHOOT A GUN!

• psjean2 07/23/2009 3:38pm

When can we do something? With “ObamaLove” from the liberals and media, it’s going to be too late to do anything.
    How many millions of people can Washington hold? We need to clog the roads in and out of Washington to protest our country being taken over
    by this “unAmerican” socialists.
    I love my country and family.Bring it on. Ready to fight for our Freedoms.
    Please, God Bless America.

• GGatTheBeach 07/23/2009 6:45pm

I’ve read the text of HR 45 and am appalled that Congress has apparently lost sight of the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution which as you know is the Right to Bear Arms.

When will lawmakers realize that guns don’t kill people, people kill people?

• rj32 07/23/2009 10:34pm

Licensing is just another way of saying tax. They will simply raise this tax until it’s unaffordable for the average American to have a firearm. NYC has already implemented such a system of creating an unreasonable burden.

• 2303147 07/24/2009 5:47am

I am a Montana Native American woman and I was raised off of Wild Game. I have to daughters now that hunt. I am proud to say that if worse came to worse my child would survive with the skills she has been taught, and some politcians want to take that away! Not everyone is some crazed gun toting wako. From the time my girls were old enough to walk my husband taught them gun safety. They knew guns killed, they were TOOLS, not TOYS.

• intruder09 07/24/2009 9:39am

What if one of these corrupt,gun control lobby paid politicians had a child attending Virginia Tech? Would it then be ok if I had a concealed carry permit from NJ and saved their child’s life?.Well guess what? A whole lot of innocent students were killed by 1 nut job because no one was around to help them.!What about Columbine? Had to wait for the police even though they killed themselves.What about Luby’s Cafe in Texas? Had to wait for the police! What about McDonalds? Had to wait for the police! Senators, stop jerking us around and honor the 2cnd Amendment or you could very well could be begging for re-election next term.! Angry in NJ

• intruder09 07/24/2009 9:43am

Strike 1 could from my comment,just as the poilticians are striking our rights one by one.

• RTuttle 07/24/2009 5:29pm

I would like to say that we the American People need to watch the Congressman and Senators who and how they vone if they vone on HR 45. Any of them voting for the bill should be remembered when they term is up and put them out of office by not re-electing them. If this bill would become law most of the citizens of the U.S. would be law breakers.
    There will always be guns and ammunition in the hands of criminals and the law abiding will be the one to pay the price. Too bad there isnt a way to let each of the Senators and representive’s see how the people feel. Personally I feel that this bill was wrote by a communist, or Nazi. That is the only way to explain the bill, I can understand where
    it came from, After all look at all the corruption from Ill.