H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:52am

cont’d here…

3. Why do we make EVERYTHING about race? The Bible does not say, “The one bearing this skin color will undoubtly be better than all others!!” Nothing even close to this. I read a blog last week were the person said his sister was killed by a bunch of black boys back in the ’90s, during a robbery. You can tell it was still raw & he was very angry! That, I understand! But, he stressed “black boys” over & over again. Believe me, the issue went from Mrs. Obama wearing shorts to race, quickly! How crazy is that? Anyway…And how did they get the guns? Other blacks?

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:52am

cont’d here..

Let me paint a picture for everyone. Tell me if it makes sense or could even happen. Some hispanic boys break in and rob a Jewish elderly lady, of her shot gun & some jewelry (hey, that’s what this is about, protecting ourselves, right?). Those boys are jumped by some white boys in the neighborhood looking for trouble. They take a nap in a stolen van & some asian dudes beat them and take all that they have! The black boys heard about this on the streets, located the asians and profited from their hard earnings (they all put in overtime to come up with their awesome plans). Went to rob a store & shot the young white girl (could have been anyone, but it wasn’t). It was her. This touched me just typing it. I know it will hit home to someone else. I’m sorry, but this happens daily. We should be at a point where we are here for each other. The God fearing-law abiding citizens vs All others!

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:53am

last one…

If you don’t know about tomorrow, I beg you to go to your knees and ask God. Becoming one of his close friends will help you in the long run. Love you ALL (no matter who you are) and God Bless…….

cajunhuntr 09/04/2009 11:27am

continued here:

As my Public Pretender(Defender) stated many times to me over the course of this injustice played on me and others of this state…“There Ain’t No More True Constitution…Not For The People Anymore!” Now that all this is sort of behind me now, and I have seen 1st hand what the judicial system can do and get away with…I have to say the he was right! There Ain’t NO TRUE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS for the people….only by it’s interpretation by the politicians, lawyers and justices does it exist! What we grew up being taught doesn’t nor has existed in a very long time…..Wake Up People, because Soft Communistic Deploys are coming to a town near you real soon! The words “We The People” is a joke in the eyes of our leaders and lawmakers…..and that’s a fact!

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 3:44am

If you want to go through all the steps proposed in this ridiculous proposal, you may as well get your concealed carry license. In Michigan the process is almost exactly the same but then you can carry and defend yourself outside the home.

Besides, the insident with the shooting in Chicago is not an indicator of further gun control, Chicago already has some of the most intense gun control laws in the country. Bottom line: gun control does nothing to take guns out of the hands of the criminals or those with criminal intent

• mechwarrior 01/30/2009 6:23am

Let’s start punishining those who break the law and quit harrassing the citizens who do not. If this passes, many new criminals will be created. I wish we could pass a law that all law makers would be required to use common sense.

mugshot46 08/26/2009 12:50pm

• 44winchester 01/30/2009 7:27am

The time is long over do to rid this country of tyranical politicians and return this country to the way our fore fathers had laid out the course of it’s citizens should follow, AND THAT IS WITH FREEDOM, NOTHING LESS.

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 8:02am

sounds like war on us soil by us people, and I thought the President said he wanted to stop WAR Not start a new one where’s the brain? think there’s problems now. BUT on the other hand, THINK gat a war going between ourselves and we will be so much easier to over take.

• Druid 01/30/2009 10:43am

The massive amount of ignorance and arrogance in this bill is just stunning. Bobby Rush should be ashamed to have him name associated with such anti-American trash.

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 12:43pm

Folks, the man who sponsored HR 45, Rep. Bobby Rush, from the Commie State of Illinois, is a former Black Panther. Like the Panthers, the Weather Underground, the Symbionese Liberation Army (remember Patty Hearst??), and others, are all Leftists. Their dream is to take POWER FROM THE PEOPLE and keep it for themselves. This is TODAY’S DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

These people don’t care about the Second Amendment… they just want more and more power!!!!

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 2:14pm

It’s alway’s the SAME GROUP of people that want a GUN LAW. There is laws for the CRIMINALS but they don’t seem to work. These gun people just want to work on the law abiding citizens. Seem to me that the Goverment can’t take care of the MESS we are in now and a Shot wasn’t even fired

• tbecnel 01/30/2009 2:35pm

I used to drive 140 miles a day back and forth to work along US 90. This is not the safest hwy. in the world. I would leave at 4 A.M. and usually was driving back around 6 P.M. I maintain my vehicle at more than regular intervals, but it is possible that I may be stranded along a dark stretch of this hwy. by the marsh. The shotgun in the back of my seat would move to the front, and I would feel a lot more secure as I waited for help I would summon using my cell phone. Leave the 2nd ammendment alone.

Mary … I drove 70 miles to vote for you. I would like them to be safe miles. Please vote NO.

• sw33t 01/30/2009 3:29pm

Step 1. Register guns.
    Step 2. Take them away.
    You can probably guess step 3, just look at history.

• oldcolonial 01/30/2009 4:10pm

This is a thinly veiled attack on the second amendment – even after the Supreme Court ruled that the “right of the people to keep and bear arms” meant just that. Now, what is it that they (the politicians) don’t understand about “shall not be infringed”? Sorry, but I shall “cling to my Bible and guns” and my ammunition! The second amendment was included for when a tyranical government tried to ignore the other amendments. Passage of this type of legilation will only make “criminals” out of a lot of honest, and otherwise law abiding citizens.

• Anonymous 01/30/2009 4:14pm

Many comments here are already missing the point… “Illegal” gun sales and ownership is already “ILLEGAL!!” Killing someone is already “ILLEGAL”. This is like saying we need a better death penalty for hate crimes, because the death penalty isn’t bad enough punishment. We need to kill them twice. Come on, Congress, get a clue and have some type of common since. Enforce the laws we have now and that will suffice. I can promise one thing as many have already said here…. “cold dead hands”.

Congressman from Illinois needs to be impeached with their Governor.

• Anonymous 01/31/2009 7:32am

Why should the everyday man who uses their guns for non-violent purposes be penalized for a right given us by the Consititution. They should just give all welfare, since those who use their guns/rifles to help provide food for their families, will not be able to feed thier families, especially with the price of groceries these days…
    Gun ownership was given us by our fore-fathers…now they want to take it away…:P

• Anonymous 01/31/2009 8:15am

Has anyone really looked into the Blair case? If I remember correctly the gun was taken from someone by the police, then it was sold again after a destroy order was issued, then the police department traded it for bullet proof vests……then a kid got shot with it. It may be another case, but that does happen ALOT. Take the guns off the street, then resell them to a dealer and they get right back out there. Police recyling program.

• Anonymous 01/31/2009 2:21pm

This is probably one to write to your senators/representatives about. Most people can easily recognize that it is ridiculous and the comments posted here reflect that.

• Jayartiste 02/01/2009 12:22am

People kill people. Know gun ever came alive got up and ever killed anyone. More gun laws will not stop any thing, just 11
    weeks after surviving an attempt on his life, President Reagan rejected a call for additional legislation, arguing at a press conference that “there are today more than 20,000 gun-control laws in effect—federal,
    state, and local—in the United States. Not one of them have ever stopped people from killing people. More gun laws will not stop that.

• N629CG 02/01/2009 3:18am

OUR REPRESENTATIVES TOOK AND OATH TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES, IN THERE IS AS STATEMENT “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON”. THE US SUPREME COURT REVIEWED IT, THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT US SHOULD READ THE BILL OF RIGHTS AND COMPREHEND IT’S MEANING.

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 4:07am

Personally, I think this man is deranged to think he can regulate gun control in this country. Many of us have guns that have been passed on by Will and inheritance and have no intention of using them but we sure are not gonna give them up or be forced to register them and pay all the fees that would be required. This is just another ploy to extort money from American’s.

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 10:01am

our elected officials that wish to change the constitutional rights of our law abbiding citizens. need to go to a country that has no rights,suchas the saddam hussein regime in pre-war iraq.the usa has trained me well,dont tread on me,semper fi.armed and able.i love my country and the freedom that spilled blood has given each of us from Jesus on the cross to the shores of tripoli.02/01/2009

Anonymous 02/27/2009 12:33am

I fought for my country over there. Only fools think that I wouldn’t fight for it here.

• wolf 02/01/2009 10:45am

you know, one of my past times is shooting. I have been to the range,gun shops… several times over just this year. I honestly see people buying guns in gun stores that really dont seem like they know how to handle a gun at all, let alone safely. how about instead of focusing on illegalizing guns maybe gun safety classes and or ethics classes before some one can buy a gun. Dont get me wrong I am 150% for the right to own guns but maybe something like the classes stated above would be more afective in “gun control” than physicly(sp?) taking away guns. I would be completly fine with taking a couple classes on safety and or ethics to own guns.

what the people wrighting these type of bills dont understand is that there is nothing wrong with owning guns for self defense or just sport shooting… the real problem lies in ethics and morals. there will always be violent crime with or without guns.

Anonymous 02/21/2009 4:54am

I’m not sure where you are from, but in Kansas you have to have a hunter safety course before getting a hunting license. Very basic, but enough to do the job.

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 1:40pm

No politician, no matter how liberal or supported, will ever be as powerfull as my Barrett M107. In my state we have emblazened on our licence plates and on our hearts “Live Free Or Die”. That combined with article 10 of our state constitution which states that the people have the right to revolution, I feel that any attempt at a law such as this will not go without a great deal of bloodshed. I carry everywhere I go, and have stopped a few crimes that would have had far worse outcomes just with the presence of my gun, never having to fire a shot. So, to all of the left wing communists and zealots who wish to take my guns… COME AND GET THEM!!!

• Patriots 02/01/2009 3:33pm

These quotes say if better than I can put into words.

“No greater wrong can ever be done than to put a good man, at the mercy of a bad , while telling him not to defend himself or his fellows. In no way is the success of evil surer or quicker”.

Theodore Roosevelt.

“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject people to carry arms. History shows all conquerors who have allowed subject people to carry arms have prepared their own fall.

Adolf Hitler.

• Anonymous 02/01/2009 5:23pm

Alaskans: We need to pull out of the mess that the cowards and idiots have allowed to happen in the Lower 48. We can’t do anything about it – we don’t have the numbers – but we can certainly pull the pin and leave. We’ll still have Sarah Palin and some other really good folks, a pretty good constitution, ourselves, and our firearms. (Plus a little oil.)

I say, “A moose steak on the table, a good job, and Freedom!” Let those losers have their armed criminals and their pink politicians, and let them hide in their homes until they lose them as well as their firearms.

America used to be great; Alaska still is. Let’s get out while the gettin’s good.

stancel 02/02/2009 4:01am

Nice pipe dream, but that is all it is. Texas is the only state that included in its state constitution the right to succeed from the union. So, until Alaska gets an army big enough to defend itself from the armies of the American Empire, you are living in a dream world.

Sorry.