H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

dmeek 09/15/2009 10:42am

Ever since Obama has taken office, he has tried to make us 1 Government. Now, our Healthcare isn’t enough, that HE is attacking the Fire Arms Control. It is our right to protect what is rightfully ours. My husband and I have worked so hard to provide our family a roof over our head, like our homestead. Now our government wants control of our fire arms. Our Nation is so undivided right now, that it scares me to think what our President is going to do next. America wake up! We need to get the people that we voted into office to be our voice out of office, and lets put people in there who will fight for us. Lets don’t let the government take over our fire arms. We need our fire arms to protect ourselves from the criminals. Now, if we don’t do what is required, we will be criminals. Where does it end??

NoMoney2FELONSamongUS 09/15/2009 6:34am

SHALL NOT be abridged

TAKMAN 09/15/2009 4:34am

THIS COUNTRY IS SCARING THE HELL OUT OF ME!!! I hope WE The People stand up and dont let this happen!!

Stryker 09/14/2009 11:35pm

To clarify my above statement, under this bill you would be required to carry around a firearms card with your picture on it, but being required to carry around a national ID, with your picture on it, in order to prove that you are a citizen, is some type of undue burden. What a cynical, hypocritical un-Constitutional, load of crap this is.

Stryker 09/14/2009 11:31pm

I am failing to understand how proving that you are a legal citizen (National ID Card), in order to vote is considered to be some type of undue burden on some segments of society by the liberals, yet this joke of a bill is just fine to those very same liberals.

AliceF 09/14/2009 2:10pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 23, 2009 10:27pm

No kidding. As the saying goes “prepare to defend yourself”. This is way out of hand.

bullettooth60 09/13/2009 9:46pm

You want to see my gun ownership license? Go look in the friggin CONSTITUTION! Somewhere in the list that’s called The Bill of Rights…in fact, it’s one of the things near the top of that list. GTFO

seal5055 09/11/2009 8:15pm

We need to keep the names of these congressmen out there, and the bills that they introduce. Do everything that can be done to get them out of office. Pass the word about them to everyone you know. The media is not going to say or do anything to help get rid of them, it is up to us true Americans to make sure these people are defeated

bdj 09/11/2009 7:03am

BD It’s not the fact that people are killed by guns, it’s the fact that now they are worried about themself, because they know how angry the people are becoming, That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!! Go Texas !!!!

chiloki 09/10/2009 8:15am

If Bobby Rush had ever left Chicago, he might have discovered that a large majority of states already require hunters and firearm owners to take safety classes. So the safety provision of this bill becomes a TV on a honeymoon, completely worthless. Instead, encourage and support the idea that all states have good hunter safety programs. At the end of the day the bill does nothing to improve safety. This bill is a waste of time and effort and as many people have indicated criminalizes an entire group with the stroke of a pen, so people feel “safe” from people who ignore the law anyway. I am stunned that people and businesses are worried about me with a CCW permit. After sitting through Death by Powerpoint, FBI “Q” test, fingerprinting, photos, shooting 4 or 5 days a month and registration on an “armed and dangerous” database, I am the guy that worries you? We need to correct blight and poverty in inner cities, and prosecute violators, not criminalize DU, PH, and NRA members.

lips2469 09/09/2009 8:22am

Is it possible to put these government people in our shoes for awhile and see if they can makes ends meet, keep their house, or see if they can live by these rules and laws themselves. They could not do it.

higgins1337 09/08/2009 2:22pm
in reply to Anonymous Jan 28, 2009 1:13pm

u said man ! me too!!!

bigmac10 09/08/2009 5:00am

The trouble is that people commenting here are talking about what the Constitution says; unfortunately most of the Government does not care what the Constitution says. The Government wants to implement their own brand of the Constitution and they are sure we are too stupid to realise it! Let’s vote out the Congress and Senate and start fresh!

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Seasoldier 09/05/2009 6:42am
in reply to danielstraley Jun 14, 2009 7:34am

Typical politicians, trying to get a bill passed on the sneak. They want my guns, come and try and get them.

howdareyoubetraythepeople 09/04/2009 3:31pm

next on the floor is all families will have to register their silverware all knifes and forks as well as all sharp pointy things will have to be registered and lets tax them too say $50 per item!!!! Hey lets pose a tax on the government officials. We can call it a stupidity tax for trying to willfully deceive the public with laws that they try to slip in under the radar.say to the tune of one million dollars. works for me!

cajunhuntr 09/04/2009 11:27am
in reply to formyfamily Aug 28, 2009 5:50am

continued here:

As my Public Pretender(Defender) stated many times to me over the course of this injustice played on me and others of this state…“There Ain’t No More True Constitution…Not For The People Anymore!” Now that all this is sort of behind me now, and I have seen 1st hand what the judicial system can do and get away with…I have to say the he was right! There Ain’t NO TRUE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS for the people….only by it’s interpretation by the politicians, lawyers and justices does it exist! What we grew up being taught doesn’t nor has existed in a very long time…..Wake Up People, because Soft Communistic Deploys are coming to a town near you real soon! The words “We The People” is a joke in the eyes of our leaders and lawmakers…..and that’s a fact!

cajunhuntr 09/04/2009 11:24am
in reply to mugshot46 Aug 26, 2009 12:49pm

Justice? I spent 2yrs locked-up for defending myself and my family in our HOME…got charged with manslaughter at first, then upgraded to 2nd degree murder, then downgraded to manslaughter, then finally a best-interest plea offer of neg. homicide after sitting in jail for 2 years without the benefit of trial or constitutional rights…..for what….. defending my home & family as guaranteed by the US Constitution…what a joke this country and it’s laws has become!

hocestbellum 09/03/2009 2:11pm

After watching the Suzanna Gratia-Hupp video you will know how important it is to VOTE THE SCUM-BAG LIBERAL/SOCIALISTS out of office! They will take away Democracy and Freedom in this country.

hocestbellum 09/03/2009 2:09pm

If you have not seen this video, it says a lot. Do a Google search on -

Suzanna Gratia-Hupp Explains the Real Purpose of the Second Amendment

mrwigs007 09/03/2009 9:53am

Wakeup congress!

Don’t you realize that you need CRIMMINAL gun laws not gun laws for the common citizen. With every gun law you try to pass you are punishing law abiding, permit holding, hard working, tax paying gun owners.

Let’s see the stats of crimminals commiting crimes with firearms who legally own firearms and have a permit to carry one.

MGJESDAHL 09/01/2009 3:47pm

Sorry I meant Mr. Rush. Too angry with all this. Wait till he gets robbed some day. Then maybe he will wake up. Go ahead and be the sitting duck, I will not follow you.

MGJESDAHL 09/01/2009 3:44pm

Lets Vote to take Mr Blair out of office, He doesn’t deserve to be paid by our tax dollars he is stripping from us. Send this self feeding egotist a message.

MGJESDAHL 09/01/2009 3:38pm
in reply to hocestbellum Aug 29, 2009 2:24am

I am with you!!! My right. Damn them trying to take it away. A crook visits me he will pay the penalty. the crook seems to be our Government for God’s sake. What the hell is happening to the United States Of America as we know it. For Christ sake people wake up and see the devil coming at you. be armed!!

MGJESDAHL 09/01/2009 3:34pm

CHANGE THE 2ND AMENDMENT??? ARE YOU INSANE. GOD HELP THE U.S.OF AMERICA, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM OUR RIGHT FOR GOD’S SAKES. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FREE COUNTRY. VOTE THIS MAN OUT, HE IS NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lebelladonna 09/01/2009 10:35am

As a law abiding citizen that doesn’t even own a gun, I wouldn’t vote for this bill in any way, shape or form. Yes, Texas has a “trunk law” as does Virginia. You can sell a gun to anyone without transferring the registration. You keep the bill of sale so that if something goes amiss, you can prove that you sold the gun and on what date. BUT, do you really think that a citizen is going to sell their gun to someone they think/know would commit a crime with it? Get smart America, we have the right to protect ourselves, and the responsibility to protect our families.

janhigh50 08/31/2009 2:27pm

I think instead of people in congress worrying about who or how many guns people own shouldn’t be a priority…Their priority should be createing more……JOBS…If there was more jobs then people could afford health care..People that register their guns arent the criminals, they have guns to protect their family…