H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

• countryboy2 10/07/2009 1:18pm

What about “enforcing the laws we already have on the books” …they want voters to think they are actually doing something…..and to think these are our ELECTED leaders…..i guess they forget whom they work for

• flaminpalmtrees 10/11/2009 2:59pm

This is such crap. What happen to the Constitution really???? Our world is doomed with the congress and president and government they are calling us out. This bill is the biggest crock and they know it. Well take us fighting it is none of your buisness what we own if we are law-abiding citizens and have to right to have what we want for being and doing the good we are suppose to. We have let TO many people in to run America that could give 2 shits less about it and us. They all have plans and are taking us down that is their plan from the wars to 9-11 and to today. They have brain washed everyone for so long and it’s time to stop the shit and start fighting them for our rights and what we deserve not what they want us to deserve. Total bullshit.

• kmfisherbw 10/12/2009 7:56am

It seems like no one has taken in to account the fact that this bill has no committees or cosponsors, and no chance of going anywhere. So it seems like everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over nothing.

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:41am

Honey…don’t you get your panties in a bunch when someone tries to piss on your constitution? Your rights? Maybe you are one of those who just sits back and lets them do what they want! SHEEP is what that is called! BAAAAAAH!!

• Speakout 10/13/2009 10:50am

Those that propose such bills as well as those that support them should be removed from office and tried for Treason as Domestic Terrorists. At the very least they should be charged under the federal laws found in Title 18 sec 241 $ 242. To let these Anti-American Oath violating nut case politician terrorists continue year after year, term after term as if they do no wrong needs to STOP, NOW. Bills like this one when passed into law only help the real criminals, at the expense of all citizens, and those that lend help and support to the criminals by acts like this one deserve to be punished, in fact we need to make an example of at least 10 of them, a very public example old school style.
    It’s time we cleaned house and took back our country and our inalienable rights.

• freedomwouldbnice 10/15/2009 6:35am

Wow, did someone just bring up gay rights in this forum? And besides the right to bear arms and the reason for it are very clear rights. Smashing homosexual marriage into religion and thus the first amendment is not very clear at all. And i to hate any proposed law that interferes with my right to own tools/arms. Firm believer in two motto’s. Man without a gun is a subject man with a gun is a citizen.

• GunnyG 10/16/2009 5:30am

It figures a commie like Bobby Rush would try this.

Over my DEAD BODY!

The Anti Liberal Zone

• SergeantArmy 10/17/2009 9:02am

What about this bill is asking us to give up our guns? I don’t see it. I am a proud gun owner, and a Soldier in the Army, and I don’t really have a problem with this bill. I would like to see people have to work harder to get a gun. I think that would deter the morons from getting one. My neighbor accidentally shot a round off in his house the other day. I wish he had to take a test before getting the gun, because he would of failed or had to learn about guns prior to owning one. I hate the part about declaring the weapon on my taxes, as it has nothing to do with income. I wish the fairtax would pass and we just paid sales tax, eliminating income tax, the need for the IRS, and the yearly intrusion into our lives. I feel that income tax reporting is designed to be intrusive, collect personal information, and ultimately rob us of our money.

• brownl 10/19/2009 11:24am

The rights of the average American are getting close to being non-existent. I have voted in every local, state and fed. election since I turned 18, but I feel more and more powerless, more and more like hunkering down on my property with my money in the basement, loaded for bear! Laws are passed that only manage to further strip us of our rights, while criminals simply find ways around the ridiculous laws that can barely be enforced, often costing who…..the Average American!

• slasherva 10/21/2009 11:31am

I think that this is all just a bunch of crap. The Government needs more money and this would be the way for them to get it. As an avid hunter, I find this very insulting. I will not pay a gun tax on something that has been in my family for generations. The guns that I do have put food on my family’s table, and I dont know about some of you, but things are tough right now and I cant afford to go without my guns. Whats going to be next? Taxing more on the ammo??
    Why should we follow a Government that could care less about us??

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:37am

WE SHOUDN’T!

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:38am

hahaha oops “l”

• pichita1 10/22/2009 5:39pm

bravo6lima 11/24/2009 12:02pm

In most “civilized” countries,the rights of the individual to protect through force thier family/property have been taken away or never existed in the first place.The people of Europe are mostly sheep(except the SWISS).Explain to me why Englands gun crime rate is so much higher than the US even though handguns are banned out right,and other longarms are banned or highly regulated.Curious,isn’t it?

vegasrider07 12/31/2009 2:55am

You evidentaly live in a place with no crime or criminal intent. The police will protect you, or at least your body after you have been raped, robbed and murdered. I would rather protect myself now then have people grieve over my murdered body later!

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:36am

I think maybe you will think differently when the military comes into your home and shoots you! I bet you will wish you loved guns just as much as the rest of those Americans who have that GREAT love affair loser! I think we have evolved and maybe you should as well! GIRL!

• duckhunter4854 10/23/2009 9:37pm

Anyone thinks they can take my guns can have em bullets first.

• frettsy 10/27/2009 6:20am

view sponsors and votes for this bill as well as other American legislation on Google Maps: http://billmaps.com/billmap/111/h/45/blair-holts-firearm-licensing-and-record-of-sale-act-of-2009

• right2descent 11/06/2009 12:19pm

This is simply furthering gun control and future disarmament of American citizens. Everyone should be trained to use and carry a side arm where ever they go. The second amendment to our Constitution was designed to keep the citizens ready to defend themselves from their own government. We need that protection now more than ever.

womanx 11/11/2009 7:47am

I agree, it seems our Senators have too much time on there hands. Making deals with lobbiests to further take our freedoms away. We need term limits, so they don’t get too comfortable spending our tax dollars, while not paying any themselves. I just wonder how many Senators would be in jail if we looked into all of their tax returns. What happened to transparency in Government?
    Guns shouldn’t even be on the agenda, that was setteled many years ago, but NO! for some reason it’s still a freedom that has to be taken away. Government we are going to take back our Country next election!

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:33am

Amen! That is the truth!

• duvexy 11/21/2009 3:46pm

Well, there goes the second amendment rights.

• john01 11/23/2009 8:06am

I am a peace officer in the state of california. I work in a southern California city plagued with violence and drugs. I oppose this bill, why?
    law abiding citizens are not the cause of gun violence. They (law abiding citizens) do not commit the heinous crimes you see on tv. This bill will do nothing to prevent the criminals from obtaining arms. We need to stop oppressing the good citizens that lawfully possess thier gun but actually enforce the established gun laws for criminals. We need to fix our justice system and make it nondesirable to use a gun in the commision of a crime. I cannot even tell you all how many times we look into persons criminal history and find multiple firearms offenses. Manage the criminal, not the citizen.

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:33am

Thank you!

• john01 11/23/2009 8:23am

Amongst these posts I found a most interesting post………………. "I don’t understand America’s love affair with fire arms, specially guns. In most civilized contries in the world, gun owners, or person that poses one, are not considered very highly in society, for various reasons of course. I think we should start evolving from the wild, wild, west era. "……………… Now as I stated before I am a Peace Officer. I disagree with what this post and what President Obama says about us being a civilized nation. Civilized people do not murder, rape, abuse or rob one another. A civilized society would not have sexual predators and people who prey upon the elderly. The real fact is that the police are not everywhere at all time to protect the people. Sometimes the people need to protect themselves. This world is anything but civilized.

vegasrider07 12/31/2009 2:59am

The perfect rebuttal. Thank you.

giborb 01/24/2010 3:41pm

Civilized? We as a group are the most civilized people on earth. True, we have our fair share of uncivilized people who (thanks to our uncivilized media) commit atrocious acts. It is up to the civilized to take care of the uncivilized. The bleeding hearts that think little axe murderer, child molester, lying, cheating, stealing Little Johnny should be rehabiliated and turned loose on an unarmed society have buried their cranial attachment in their sphincter operated opening.

spilleez04 01/21/2010 9:32am

Its not that we love to bear firearms, but that the beauty of the contitution is that we are allowed to!

• JimUSMC 11/30/2009 10:03pm

Here are just a few quotes from the “PAST”.

“You can’t make a weak man strong by making strong man weak” – Abraham Lincoln

“Truth is so obscured nowadays and lies (are) so well established that unless we love the truth we shall never recognize it” – Blasie Pascal

“The problem with Christianity is not not that it has been tried and found wanting but that it has been found difficult and left untried.” – G. K. Chesterton

“The trouble with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money” – Margaret Thatcher

“Never forget that Freedom has, is and will always be purchased with the Blood of a Patriot. From the beginning one man has been trying to take away the freedom of others.” – Jim Jordan

• JimUSMC 11/30/2009 10:05pm

A few words from Thomas Jefferson:

“It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”
    “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever.”
    “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    “Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.”
    “Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have … The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.”
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    “The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
    “There is nothing more unequal, than the equal treatment of unequal people.” – Thomas Jefferson