H.R.45 - Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes. as introduced.

CoolDrum3 08/30/2009 10:14am

Continued from above…

This bill will kill the private gun shops, as well as gun show vendors.

Another interesting thing I took notice of, is that they are classifying a firearm only as a gun capable of receiving a magazine. If I really wanted to kill someone, I could just as easily do it with a single-shot rifle from 300 yards or a 6-shot revolver. Again, it’s a misguided knee jerk reaction singling out semi-auto handguns and rifles.

About the only positive thing that could come of this federal “licensing” process, is that our brothers in states such as California, New Jersey, and New York could actually purchase these types of weapons, as appears it wouldn’t be up to the state anymore.

CoolDrum3 08/30/2009 10:05am

This appears to be yet another gun control knee jerk reaction in response to unfortunate demise of Mr. Holt. The biggest problems I see with this are a)even more fees regarding firearms ownership (is this in excess of any state fess or in place of?), b) taking the power away from the states to regulate the sale, posession and transfer of guns, c) wrapping the whole process in some convuluted, bureaucratic red tape licensing process, and d) essentially signing your life away in order to possess a gun.

If this passes, in a nutshell…you will walk into a store and select your gun. You will then pay a fee to apply for the ability to purchase the gun (which we do already at the state level). Then, you’ll fill out tons of paperwork, including every possible means of identifying you (would you like a DNA sample Mr Rush?). This will all then be sent off to some desk in Washington and sit in queue. You’ll sit at home and wait weeks to months for your “license” to purchase said firearm.

hocestbellum 08/29/2009 2:24am

STORY OF THE COME AND TAKE IT FLAG

When the Texas colonists in Gonzales, Texas were ordered by General Santa Anna’s army to surrender a small cannon they posessed, Joseph D. Clements delivered the message to the Mexican army: “I cannot, nor do I desire to deliver up the cannon…and only through force will we yield.”

Sara Seely DeWitt and her daughter Evaline made the flag, back then referred to as the Old Cannon Flag, now called the Come and Take It flag. Depicted on a white cloth was a cannon with a lone star above it, and the words “come and take it” beneath the cannon. It was Texas’ first battle flag, and first lone star flag.

A copy of this flag proudly flies over my property in Texas and “I cannot, nor do I desire to give up my 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms………and only through force will I yield. COME AND TAKE IT!

crewchief1949 08/28/2009 3:51pm

Of all the agendas that have grass roots opposition, gun laws should have the most grass roots support of ANY bill, for if we do not preserve our 2nd amendment rights, all the others are cannon fodder. We NEED all the help we can get, because its obvious by the way the gov is pushing its communist health care plan that the masses are no longer being represented or obeyed. With most of the country against what the gov is doing, they are doing it anyways. What does that tell you. These morons in the gov want a revolution? Its gonna happen. They want my guns? They will get them 165 grains at a time. I never handed my weapon over to the Republican Guard in 1990, I sure as hell am not going to give to the tyrranical government. “From my cold dead hands”-Charleton Heston

dfreeland311 08/28/2009 8:12am
in reply to JimT Aug 08, 2009 4:26pm

I agree. I’ll pay this tax / give them my munitions 5.56mm at a time.

dfreeland311 08/28/2009 8:07am

Wow, someone just shared this with me at work. Like others said, Cold dead hands. And if they try to start removing firearms from all civilian’s homes, there will be quite a bit of opposition. Violent opposition, I would imagine. I for one will never register and pay taxes on my right to own a weapon, let alone give them up.

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:53am
in reply to formyfamily Aug 28, 2009 5:52am

last one…

If you don’t know about tomorrow, I beg you to go to your knees and ask God. Becoming one of his close friends will help you in the long run. Love you ALL (no matter who you are) and God Bless…….

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:52am
in reply to formyfamily Aug 28, 2009 5:52am

cont’d here..

Let me paint a picture for everyone. Tell me if it makes sense or could even happen. Some hispanic boys break in and rob a Jewish elderly lady, of her shot gun & some jewelry (hey, that’s what this is about, protecting ourselves, right?). Those boys are jumped by some white boys in the neighborhood looking for trouble. They take a nap in a stolen van & some asian dudes beat them and take all that they have! The black boys heard about this on the streets, located the asians and profited from their hard earnings (they all put in overtime to come up with their awesome plans). Went to rob a store & shot the young white girl (could have been anyone, but it wasn’t). It was her. This touched me just typing it. I know it will hit home to someone else. I’m sorry, but this happens daily. We should be at a point where we are here for each other. The God fearing-law abiding citizens vs All others!

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:52am
in reply to formyfamily Aug 28, 2009 5:50am

cont’d here…

3. Why do we make EVERYTHING about race? The Bible does not say, “The one bearing this skin color will undoubtly be better than all others!!” Nothing even close to this. I read a blog last week were the person said his sister was killed by a bunch of black boys back in the ’90s, during a robbery. You can tell it was still raw & he was very angry! That, I understand! But, he stressed “black boys” over & over again. Believe me, the issue went from Mrs. Obama wearing shorts to race, quickly! How crazy is that? Anyway…And how did they get the guns? Other blacks?

formyfamily 08/28/2009 5:50am
in reply to apageor2 Jan 29, 2009 4:02pm

1. If only we could go back to the good ol’ days where what we did and said meant something! When do we start punishing the “wrong”, again? When do we stop punishing the “right”/the actual victims? Not every one can be a victim, but when those in jail receive a better meal, recreation, free use of our utilities, an education and rights (way more than the hard working tax payers & our children receive) something is horribly wrong.

2. There will NEVER be a President that everyone can be completely satisfied with, but we can not lose sight of “We the People”…NEVER. Everything this Nation was created on started from one source – our Heavenly Father. You know the devil is busy when a mere person or persons are bold enough to stand up to God. I quiver just thinking about that.
cont’d…

darklord1279 08/27/2009 1:44pm

I agree with the “cold dead hands” comment. Has Mr. Rush seen Red Dawn?

rotax650 08/26/2009 1:30pm

If for some reason this bill would happen to go through (and I don’t see it doing that) or at least I really hope it don’t. Could you imagine the outcome of it!. It would cause more problems then they think.

Our great country isn’t so great when they try and take our rights away!!!What a major JOKE!!!

mugshot46 08/26/2009 12:50pm
in reply to mechwarrior Jan 30, 2009 6:23am

mugshot46 08/26/2009 12:49pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 27, 2009 12:26am

Or when they can get to you!!! I didn’t see one for almost an hour !!!

mugshot46 08/26/2009 12:46pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 27, 2009 12:22am

I’ll move back to Texas!!! Yeehaw!!

mugshot46 08/26/2009 12:44pm
in reply to Anonymous Jan 28, 2009 1:13pm

AMEN!!!!

jojo20 08/26/2009 11:56am

The way to fix all of this is to elect people who represent the people and not them selves or there political view. WE MUST VOTE!

cspick 08/25/2009 12:09pm

Why is it better to have guns only in the hands of law enforcement, military and CRIMINALS? Who is going to protect YOU Mr. Congressman? Better still, who is going to protect ME? i guess I’ll just have to choose to be a criminal like you want most of our citizens to be.

gobbertherobber 08/25/2009 2:12am

New to this site-its good to see AMERICANS being AMERICANS.I would like to see congress go without armed escort or shut up eh rosie odonal!

opie410 08/25/2009 1:44am

This is just the start of a long line of bills that will be introduced under this administration to try and take more of our “unalienable” rights away. Don’t these people realize that the people who break the law could care less about these types of laws??!! They will break them anyway…the good should not have to suffer for the bad in the USA!!!!!!

dolchmann 08/24/2009 1:47pm
in reply to brian4jc Jan 14, 2009 11:45am

CONTACT BOBBY:

Official website: http://www.house.gov/rush/
Address:
2416 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: 202-225-4372
Fax: 202-226-0333

This abomination of a house resolution ALREADY EXISTS YOU GOVERN MENTALS.

Try enforcing the gun laws already on the books. This resolution is a waste of taxpayer time, money and resources.

Here is an idea: for every nonsense resolution the sponsor and co-sponsors
should be made to pay back the government for all paper used up in the communication of the ridiculous resolution, should be made to pay back for all phone time, computer time, and gas used for creating and placing this resolution into the docket.

ps: FIRE BOBBY RUSH FROM OFFICE.

mad2dogs 08/22/2009 7:23pm

Maybe the American people will finally wake up to the fact that the liberals only want what the “minority” wants and to hell with the majority. I thought this country was based on Mauority rules. Not any more, now its all about whats “politcally correct”. BULL CRAP Vote the anti-americans out.

Rogue 08/21/2009 3:31pm
in reply to Anonymous Jan 29, 2009 3:02am

Roll tanks into Texas? They had better have air support…

quickthor 08/20/2009 5:02pm

Well if they pass a law like this, then we will all be able to thank the government for the new set of laws that will stop a robber from using a gun. I mean, “wait, if i don’t have this gun registered, i could go to jail” has most likely never gone through the mind of someone commiting a crime.

quickthor 08/20/2009 4:58pm
in reply to FallenMorgan Aug 16, 2009 5:46pm

um, what?

merlin428 08/20/2009 4:18pm

Molōn labe Mr. President….

benth163 08/20/2009 3:45pm
What can possibly be said about the idiocy of our appointed resresentatives. I can’t believe they can be that stupid about how a man must protect himself and his family. I give up…… I am ready to become a patriot, and I don’t necessarily mean becoming a martyr. They’ll know fear though when they come upon an individual who is not afraid of dying for what he believes, and believe me a Patriot is not a terrorist. But “terrorist” is the label they will place upon those willing to turn the tide of socialism. Patriot is usually the badge of honor placed upon the heroic a decade after the truth is learned. Mark my words folks, the time is near for all good men and women to stand for truth and justice against a government willing to steamroll its citizenry into tyrany !
katfree56 08/20/2009 2:48pm
in reply to wowwhatsnext Aug 16, 2009 7:33am

well I am not a texan born and raised but I do live here and I too find this bill ludicrous to say the least

katfree56 08/20/2009 2:46pm

What in God’s name are you thinking, all you are doing is making it impossible for us regular Amaericans to defend ourselves against the criminals of this world, The get guns with out problems!!!! Don’t you get it!!!!!!!! You are taking away every right we as Americans have!!! I am ashamed to live in this country anymore, ashamed because our president is ashamed of us……… well Mr President the feeling is mutual. Keep it up and other countries will be having an influx of us as immigrants because it has become impossible for us to live here any more. I am a disabled lady who worked as a nurse for 23 yrs. I am barely able to scrape by on my SSA disability. think about that when you are making laws to take away more things from us Americans. ACLU….you are a joke!!!

MADJACK 08/20/2009 12:04pm

JOIN AND SUPORT THE N.R.A. ,RIGHT NOW THEY ARE THE ONLY THING STANDING BETWEEN US AND A CIVIL WAR / UPRISING WITH ADMINASTRATION ! I’M ALL FOR THE MILLON MAN MARCH IDEA …..