H.R.4691 - Temporary Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (6)

• Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Temporary Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Temporary Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Temporary Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Temporary Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Temporary Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

dartcanyon 02/27/2010 6:04am
in reply to sassysally50 Feb 26, 2010 7:40am

Bunning is nothing more than a cold hearted, uncaring rich man who doesn’t give a damn what happens to American citizens and their plight. He said he was trying to make a point. Yeah.. we got his point and he is a scumbag. He has no problems surviving and all he cares about is getting his huge paycheck regularly, nothing more. For him to be allowed to do this is unconscionable to say the least. You bet immediate, emergency funds will be be approved for Chile. How about those billions to us who are out of work due to no fault of our own. It is disgraceful that this nonsense is allowed. Bunning only wants a piece of the spotlight and hurting already suffering people is the only way he can do that. Go home old man and hide in your fancy closet. Good for Biden…I hope he laces into him again and takes him off his colleague list. This is a devastating thing to happen right now. Everyone STOP paying taxes and see how quick the government knows who we are then.

sassysally50 02/26/2010 7:40am

Re: Bunning vowed to fight the extensions as long as they add to the deficit, though he acknowledged they likely will pass eventually.

Congress is doing the Same thing to the Unemployed on Tier 1 and Tier 2 that they did to us when Tier 2 ran out…. DELAY!!

And after the states shut down the extended programs, Congress will then act on it ( invoke cloture) and Most Repubs that object will approved it, and pass a Bill – just like they did with HR 3548 and then it will take the states a month to reprogam the Tiers again..

This is nothing more then political games to these people on BOTH sides!!

MTeinert 02/27/2010 9:06pm

was there already a vote on this bill and for sure not going to pass? Or should i keep waiting?

kim2009 03/15/2010 7:38am

This article is a must read for those who want a Tier 5 extension.

kim2009 03/15/2010 5:00am

from http://progressillinois.com/quick-hits/content/2010/03/12/number-day-16
posted by MediaMaven:

(post 1 of 3)

I recently received a message regarding this board.

I am from a DC PR agency, and while I cannot professionally endorse what you are trying to accomplish (conflict of interest purposes), I can provide you some information to help your cause.

I have read some of the great post regarding amending HR4213. I would like to advise another vehicle to get your message out there – a press release. All a press release needs is a:

Headline (center space)
Summary (goes directly under heading – center space)

(double space)

Body

Contact Info:

Spam Comment

kim2009 03/15/2010 5:01am

(post 3 of 3)

All anyone has to do is to go to each site and set up an account and post their release.

Make sure to include “key” words in the body of the release (i.e., Senator Reid, Obama, unemployment benefits, Pelosi, hardships, crime, etc.) – this will ensure more visibility and to be picked up by the media.

You can also go online to see samples of press releases.

This site has some very intelligent and articulate people – so I know that creating a solid press release will not be a problem.

Share this information on every UI board and all the Facebook contacts – and tell all to post a release each week until a tier 5 is created.

I received a message about this board from a reporter, who in turn forwarded it to me – so your media outreach is working.

Get luck to all of you!

dartcanyon 03/16/2010 6:57am
in reply to kim2009 Mar 15, 2010 7:38am

I just watched Fox News discussion with Senator James Clyburn and it seems that Pelosi is going to push for the Healthcare Bill to be passed without a vote. How come it can happen with healthcare but not with Unemployment Extensions and added Tiers? As always it is monkey business behind closed doors in Washington. A “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” government. This is outrageous and is all about election year shenanigans. And we are supposed to have faith in what Washington does and how they do it?? I don’t think so. More reasons NOT to VOTE or pay taxes. I am ashamed of all politicians and their sneeking and lying to deliverately hurt the hurting Americans.

Blackarachnia 03/18/2010 6:45pm

NV, here…Anyone’s extension ended Feb 28 and still haven’t seen payment? I’d hate to waste my cell minutes to call unemployment ( I live in NV, and it can take 90minutes just to get through, and then wait on hold…)

Permanent Extension: I do agree, there should be one until all the “little people” are able to save our once great nation. In NV, the true unemployment rate is 20%, there are people who just can’t file -and oh the numbers always get reported as improving..at the very times when we just can’t file because there is promise of money, but nothing in the account. I’ve been out of work since Jan 2008…

Spam Comment

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:20pm
in reply to Sher1 Feb 28, 2010 4:18am

The funds should come from the billions that AIG is asking for again and from the immediate funds going to Chile. Take care of home first.

MBArry47 02/28/2010 5:47am

Just emailed Bunning to say how sad to have your legacy be your feeling towards the plight of the unemployed you may as well have said let them eat cake.

djk4132 07/14/2010 5:47am

I am IMPLORING that our Senators and Representatives take consideration into their hearts of the despair and suffering that this delay of benefits is having on their fellow citizens, YES, the very people who voted them into their office confident in their campaign promises that they as citizens would come first. What happened? Have the nay voters lost all touch with reality? I myself and facing utility disconnections, I am disabled and ill under a Dr’s care, so I have some outlet, but for the 10’s of thousands of people whose next stop is the street, what can they do? Please, please do not wait until July 19th, please ACT NOW.

Sher1 02/26/2010 11:16am

NEW petition drive in behalf of friends of Senator Dick Durbin to STOP these filibusters in the future. So far from yesterday there’s almost 24,000. You will also receive a Thank-You email from Sen.Durbin. www.fedupwithfilibuster.com

sassysally50 02/26/2010 5:32pm
Google: Fannie Seeks $15.3 Billion in Aid After 10th Loss Fannie Mae, the mortgage-finance company under federal conservatorship, said it will seek $15.3 billion in aid from the U.S. Treasury after posting a 10th straight quarterly loss.

It will be interesting to see how Fast Congress comes to their aid !!!

solarmax1 02/26/2010 3:03pm

dartcanyon 02/27/2010 6:06am
in reply to sassysally50 Feb 26, 2010 5:32pm

Oh yeah….and AIG will get their billions. That is the money that should be coming to us. Just politicians playing with our lives and that includes Obama.

dartcanyon 02/27/2010 6:24am
in reply to sassysally50 Feb 26, 2010 7:40am

I just called Bunning’s office in Washington and his voice mail is FULL. I bet it is but how convenient.

Cindermaid 02/27/2010 6:09pm

People there are jobs out there that is what they say. But they don’t pay enough to keep a roof over your head . food on the table, and pay utilities. I hope all the unemployed are doing okay with this winter being so harsh. I have a job through Exp. Workers it is a great program for Senior 55 and older. It can give you a little income until you find a better job and even train you for another type job also .Here is the web site www.experienceworks.org

guster3455 02/28/2010 6:24am

in a perverse and totally unintended way, bunning’s blockage may have aided those of us looking for a tier v or extension of existing tiers, not just the dates
instead of a band-aid to cover some unemployed passing, bunning’s stupidity has bought time for the long term unemployed to be included in this discussion

MBArry47 02/28/2010 7:57am

Just read on The Hill website Kyle Senate will pass temporary extension 2/28/10 11:32

Sher1 02/28/2010 4:18am

DEMAND that Congress extend ui for the “long-term unemployed (tier 5)”

Capital Switchboard ~ Toll-free numbers for senators, reps..
1-866-338-1015
1-877-851-6437
1-877-210-5351
TOLL-FREE # For Senators 1 888 245-0215.
CONTACT INFO:

Harry Reid

All senators

We need an amendment to P.L. 111-92. The amendment should be

(1) amend and add a Tier V
with 20 weeks of unemployment
for all 50 States.

(2) amend and extend dates to
for all Tiers in the bill
until December 31, 2010.

(3) The funds should come from the
same funds for all the Tiers.

(4) Make it effective March 15,
2010 for all States to begin
payments.

MBArry47 02/28/2010 6:53am
in reply to guster3455 Feb 28, 2010 6:24am

The same thought has crossed my mind! We shall see!

MBArry47 02/28/2010 6:55am

I intend to be calling & emailing away on Monday!

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:20pm
in reply to Cindermaid Feb 27, 2010 6:09pm

Thank you for this info. I am all over it.

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:27pm

The biggest problem with jobs is they are being given to foreigners. I just spent time in GA and the 2 places I stayed are run by East Indians and Iraquis/Iranians. How they get these jobs when they can’t even speak English is beyond me but then again I have had these same people tell me that the USA shows them preference when it comes to subsidies, education, jobs, etc. We already know that and it needs to stop. Close the flood gates and put REAL Americans back to work. STOP giving our living away. This is all Washington’s fault and they should give us benefits until they stop these tactics and we tax paying Americans are back to work. Make it American, ALL American, ONLY American. No countries stepped up to the plate when Katrina ruined New Orleans, when tornadoes take out whole towns or when the Northridge Earthquake caused massive destruction but yet Washington jumps right on the band wagon and has IMMEDIATE money for every country who has a problem.

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:18pm
in reply to MBArry47 Feb 28, 2010 5:47am

I sure hopw this is the case. I would love to see him get smacked in the face. Iet it is. called his Washington office to leave a message and his voice mail is full. I b

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:40pm
in reply to MBArry47 Feb 28, 2010 7:57am

“Last week the House passed this bill, but it was held up in the Senate by Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY). This morning Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ) said it is likely to pass this week”.

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:17pm
in reply to MBArry47 Feb 28, 2010 7:57am

The Senate isn’t even in today and Senatus said they will approach the issue Tuesday. Nothing is being passed on 2/28/10.

dartcanyon 02/28/2010 12:29pm

So where does all that IMMEDIATE money come from for other countries in need?? If Washington can find it for places that shouldn’t be getting it then they can damn well find it to take care of Americans in need.