H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

TCBlackcat 05/05/2010 8:06pm

Keep in mind that this may be for selected states that approve for EB benefit extension. Seems as though the Governor has yet to sign the bill.

• Spam Comment

• TCBlackcat 05/12/2010 2:45am

Florida -FYI

Contact:

GOVERNOR’S PRESS OFFICE
    (850) 488-5394

MEMORANDUM

TO: Interested Media
    FROM: Sterling Ivey, Governor’s Press Secretary
    RE: Governor Crist’s Bill Actions Today, May 11, 2010

Governor Charlie Crist received the following bills today, May 11, 2010:

CS/CS SB 1736 Unemployment Compensation
    SB 2284 Legislature

The Governor has until May 26, 2010, to act on these bills.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Governor Crist’s press office at (850) 488-5394.

• TCBlackcat 05/17/2010 4:58pm

FL -May 17 2010 (Thank You Governor Crist, Congress and President Obama)

TALLAHASSEE – Governor Charlie Crist today signed Senate Bill (SB) 1736, extending eligibility dates for the Extended Benefits (EB) program. The EB program provides unemployment compensation to job seekers who have exhausted all other available benefits and meet all requirements. Governor Crist announced that the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation will begin accepting EB applications at its Web site www.floridajobs.org, on Wednesday, May 19, 2010.

• TCBlackcat 05/20/2010 9:53pm

FL -Bah Humbug! Yes, another misleading attempt to get our hopes up for the long-term unemployed. Only EB available for those who’s benefits have not expired. This makes me so tired, while watching tons of money being spent for everything under the sun, while the long-term unemployed are again left behind. And now I hear that Congress is again on vacation. Enjoy! We are not lazy, we are actively seeking work opportunities, and are legitimately eligible for these benefits. What’s wrong with this picture? Finally had to file for food stamps and Medicaid.

• cheralike66 05/25/2010 6:42pm

I was born in this country, pay taxes in this country, my father served this country, I read and write English, and I can’t find a job, WHY? Because I am not Bilingual. I see jobs posted online ALL the time in my profession that I should be able to apply for though I CAN’T in today’s world I do not speak Spanish. What happen to this country!! Our jobs are outsourced to those that can barely speak English!!! WHY? Because of GREED! Wake up folks you can’t take the monies to your grave… I am Tired of not working, I am tired of being broke; I can’t find full time work. HELP HARD WORKING AMERICANS UNTIL WE CAN FIND FULL TIME WORK.
    The solution to getting unemployed Americans back to work is to create jobs.

Dear politicians you do not care about the middleclass unemployed Americans! Who lost their jobs during this recession and need help to survive.

TCBlackcat 05/26/2010 11:02pm

FL -I can’t agree with you enough. While looking for work, I was called for an interview, but they only wanted a bi-lingual person. It’s starting to look like it is more important to learn a foreign language than to get a higher education. I guess French will be next. Where do we go from here?

• pongobongo 06/21/2010 7:30am

We can help the Haitians but can’t help our own. If this bill does not get passed, the senators who voted against it should be thrown out of office. It is obvious they have no idea what it is like out here. NO JOBS!!!!! Can they offer to assist us in finding jobs. If there are jobs out there…where are they? Can they let me know. I am a licensed plumber from Massachusetts. Can’t find a job anywhere. Even trying to find a job in my old trade that doesn’t pay as well…a machinist. NO JOBS there either. If they do not pass this bill soon more people are going to be losing their homes. I hope I will not be one of them. WAKE UP SENATORS. WE VOTED YOU IN. WE CAN VOTE YOU OUT!!!