H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 9:45am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

I am in the same boat as everyone here. It sure sounded like we would be getting an extension if you listened to the news or read the newspapers.
This was a HUGE LIE!

I went online a re-applied for benefits. Everyone here…please do the same.
The unemployment percentage is going to drop. Unless we make a lot of noise, the employed Americans will think we got that extension!

Please re-apply….everyone.
WHen I did, they told me to claim my weeks on 5/3.

Just DO IT

Lynette1015 04/20/2010 8:16am

Whoopie!!!! They passed the bill but there is no money to go along with it,,,, how much loonger do we have to wait to get our tiers paid? Hell they are soo worried about the Health Care Bill problems that by the time we get paid for being unemployed we will have to pay the Goverment for fines for not paying for our Health Care. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!!! I need funds for a 4th tier so I can continue to LIVE… Wake up Washington and help the people who need it NOW>>>>>>>>>

Spam Comment

purplelilac3084 04/20/2010 5:30am

I am for extending unemployment since the government is not passing bills to create jobs! Every jobs bill they pass relates to unions, not the person who is looking desperately to find a job!
What really makes me angry about this bill is that it has flood insurance, doctor payments, backpay for federal highway workers! Why should they get backpay? Shouldn’t they be collecting unemployment like the average american has to? These democrats are wasting our money, and don’t even blink an eye as to spend, spend, spend! 17 Billion dollars of stimulus so far, has been pork projects that are absolutely ridiculous! Senator Schumer of NY has been on television saying WE DO NOT care about pork! Well, he is definately wrong, and I will NOT vote for any democrat come November. I am sick and tired of the Socialist agenda that is destroying our FREEDOM and country!

Abaratarrr 04/19/2010 7:50pm
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 19, 2010 12:06am

No, this bill simply extends the deadline to sign up for the existing tiers of benefits, There are no additional weeks of benefits for those that have used up the 73-99 weeks of current benefits.

Abaratarrr 04/19/2010 7:46pm
in reply to MrsDee Apr 19, 2010 5:44am

Really, what was the date that coburn blocked the bill? A vote would have to have been scheduled first. He never blocked it, he threatened to, but never got the chance because reid never scheduled a unanimous consent vote. Never scheduled a vote period until it was to late.

USCITIZEN10 04/19/2010 4:30pm
in reply to TCBlackcat Apr 17, 2010 12:59am

I GUESS DOESN’T INCLUDE THE LONG TERM OR 99ERS. WE ARE OUT!!!!!!

USCITIZEN10 04/19/2010 4:24pm
in reply to lpmichalski Apr 19, 2010 8:31am

YES, I’M ALSO CONFUSED AND THE FUC….EDD DIDN’T UPDATE THE WEB PAGE AND ALSO THEY DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE. I SENT AN EMAIL TO THEM AND IS GOING TOBE A MONTH AND THEY DIDN’T REPLY TO ME, AND THEN THEY SAY THAT EMAIL IS THE FASTER WAY TO COMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE.

MadPenguin 04/19/2010 12:08pm

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!..http://www.slate.com/id/2250999/?yahoo=y
it’s an article all about how much better EX-President Bush’s,(the one who got us all in this awful mess)home state of Texas,is doing in it’s economy than ANY and EVERY OTHER state in the country,..COINCIDENCE???….I THINK NOT!!!

lpmichalski 04/19/2010 8:31am

Why do we have to lose EVERYTHING for something that isnt our fault. Other countries get millions of dollars from us, but the Americans, we the people who worked hard for many many years have to sit and watch our dreams get taken away.

I have contacted the president, my states representatives, signed the petition

We need help! So HELP US!

lpmichalski 04/19/2010 8:31am

One site says its not for the longer unemployed who have exhausted all benefits, and other sites says it is. I am quite confused. Why would they leave the 99’ers out in the cold? This hasnt been any easier on us. Im losing my home, already lost both cars because I couldnt afford them, because of that I am being sued by the financial institutions my credit is ruined and for what? This is the way I wanted my life to be? Give me a break, at least if they arent going to extend our benefits tell the creditors to get off our a$$ until we can figure things out.

shelby881 04/19/2010 7:23am
in reply to USCITIZEN10 Mar 19, 2010 8:18am

FYI Floridians on umemployment this IS the end for all of us on Tier 4 there is no Tier 5. I called umemployment today and Tier 4 is the end which includes me. God Bless us all who have used up all of Tier 4 and still have not found jobs. Great, wonderful, Grand. I’m glad the new bill has helped those in need but it didn’t help us who have used up our Tier 4 and still have no job.

MrsDee 04/19/2010 5:44am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Apr 18, 2010 7:33am

Honey I’m informed…Coburn did block it. You are lucky you are near retirement, most of us will never be able to afford to retire.

Private 04/19/2010 3:26am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 19, 2010 12:06am

I do not believe that is the case. It is for people currently collecting from one Tier or another but it has no verbiage for those that have exhausted all Tiers. I keep watching my states unemployment website and so far, nothing suggests that they interpret this law any differently.

sbrawsm 04/19/2010 12:06am

The bill is FOR people have EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS.

sbrawsm 04/19/2010 12:05am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 19, 2010 12:02am

I meant 99 WEEKS, not days.
I better be getting it because I will be screwed otherwise.
They keep coming up with these job-killing new laws and policies.

sbrawsm 04/19/2010 12:02am
in reply to JoblessInPa Apr 17, 2010 1:50am

I don’t know why you think you aren’t eligible. You have been unemployed less than 99 weeks. This bill covers the people who’s UC ended. This bill is for YOU and ME. (I have been unemployed 92 days, my benefits were exhausted on 3/31 – one week before you).

They were on vacation when my benefits ran out. I wasn’t worried at all until I read your post. From what I heard, this is for people that lost their benefits recently and are 99 weeks and under unemployed.

I don’t know what we will do after this :-(
Unemployment in my state is 12% and it’s 14% for women.

cmajik001 04/18/2010 9:03am

President Obama should look right here at home, before helping other’s when Americans are homeless!! I’ve lost both of my homes to foreclosure recently. WE NEED TEIR 5 !! Everyone Call your Senators, and Congressman and call the President!! Leave messages, everyday. This is what helped bring these Bills to the table. We need to act as one, and tell them. One person can’t do this alone, but if eveyone does this everyday, it will make something happen. It worked last time!!

AnnetteNuck1 04/18/2010 7:33am
in reply to Abaratarrr Apr 17, 2010 5:05pm

Thank you Abaratarr for clearing things up for MrsDee. She obviously is not informed. And you MrsDee, FYI my project would have taken me into retirement if the president during his bailout to the banks would have had lending stimpulations to work hand in hand with the very worthless Infra Structure Stimulas Packages he put together. If he would have 100’s of thousands of people in the Building and Land Development industry would be back to work. And no I did not vote for the inexperienced public servant.

Blackarachnia 04/17/2010 7:24pm
in reply to Private Apr 17, 2010 5:19pm

Not sure what you mean by blow away. Lost my house last year, lived in a motel for 5 months because I had no other place to go. Sold all my Transformers that were 20 yrs and older to make ends meet.

But here in NV, we only have one electricty company to choose from, and they raise their rates every year and annouce recording breaking profits prior to the raises.

Blackarachnia 04/17/2010 7:22pm
in reply to MadPenguin Apr 17, 2010 8:16am

I learned that trick here in NV (unemployment rate currently 13.4% but the truth is it’s more like 20%) back with the Tier IV. Other states were getting their first and second payments but we weren’t getting paid until just before Christmas with gloating that the unemployment has dropped for Nov. Is it possible because you weren’t accepting anyone’s filing????

When I spoke to unemployment on Friday, she did state she did notice a drop in unemployment filings, of course because Tier IV expired Feb 28 and we’re not able to file.

My roommate was bumped from SEB to Tier IV when it was released, but now that Tier IV has been exhausted for weeks, but he’s unable to access the remaining SEB balance. They tell him he has to appeal it. WTF

It bites, I’m sure I’m not the only one who cannot borrow money to pay their rent, to keep their power on (I received my 10 day turn off notice just a few days ago)

Wish you all luck as the government screws the little people again….

Private 04/17/2010 5:19pm

Smoke and mirrors will blow away and shatter when mortgages aren’t paid and electricity is turned off.

USCITIZEN10 04/17/2010 5:12pm
in reply to TCBlackcat Apr 17, 2010 1:04am

WHY EDD KEEP SAYING THAT ALL THE 99ERS WON’T GET ANYTHING FROM THIS BILL?

BECAUSE WE EXHAUSTED ALL THE BENEFITS WE DON’T HAVE TO BE INCLUDE IN THE SYSTEM?

Abaratarrr 04/17/2010 5:05pm
in reply to MrsDee Apr 17, 2010 11:00am

Actualy Coburn(“that idiot from Oklahoma”" never held up anything rid never brought the bill up for a unanimous concent vote so coburn never got the opportunity to block it, also the week they left for easter, twice in the senate the democrats blocked deadline extenions for the unemployed and once they came to an agreement in the senate on a bill pelosi blocked the unemployment extension in the house. A vote had been scheduled to pass this extension on the saterday a week before easter but reid and every democrat voted to go on vacation while all 39 republicans voted to continue working through saterday so the unemployment bill could be completed, The democrats blocked the passage of that bill on at least four occasions so they could make the republicans look bad because one threatened to vote against it.

USCITIZEN10 04/17/2010 4:51pm
in reply to JoblessInPa Apr 17, 2010 1:50am

I GUESS THAT IF NONE OF THE 99ERS GET A JOB AND THE CONGRESS DON’T DO ANYTHING FOR US,MOST OF US WILL HAVE TO GO TO BEG FOR HELP TO THE WELFARE.
I’M 60 YRS OLD AND I DON’T THINK I WILL HAVE ANY LUCK GETTING A JOB AND WORSE WHEN YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF CANCER.GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF YOU.

MrsDee 04/17/2010 11:00am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

AnnetteNuck1 – you need to do a little reseach and see it was the republicans, namely that idiot from Oklahoma holding this up and last time it was held up was by a republican also. you got laid off because that’s life not because a president you obviously do not support was put into office.

MadPenguin 04/17/2010 8:16am

I think i get it now, If all of us thousands of long-term unemployed lose our benefits, and are no longer “in the system” …on paper it looks no different than as if we all suddenly went back to work,and the powers that be,can say what a wonderful job they are doing with the economy!!..can anyone say SMOKE AND MIRRORS!!

pramsey 04/17/2010 6:24am

To the committee and all congressmen/women, please remove “, and for other purposes” from the title of this and all other bills in the future. This makes it obvious there is something in this bill that is completely unrelated to the title of the bill, such as “and grant the my cousin, the Unabomber, immunity from all further prosecution and punishment”

TCBlackcat 04/17/2010 3:18am
in reply to JoblessInPa Apr 17, 2010 2:15am

Thanks for the update. What a buzz-kill. So what’s new. Guess I was wanting help so bad that I mis-read the articles because it said long-term and re-apply. Now that I re-read the article, I see that nothing is coming for us that have exhausted everything. Well, I’ll keep pressing on for a job, and God Bless and God Help Us All.

JoblessInPa 04/17/2010 2:15am