H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

attackgypsy 03/27/2010 5:55am
in reply to TCBlackcat Mar 26, 2010 9:51pm

Cloture vote at 5:30, which starts the 30 hour clock, which means a vote Wednesday morning or afternoon.

TCBlackcat 05/12/2010 2:45am

Florida -FYI

Contact:

GOVERNOR’S PRESS OFFICE
(850) 488-5394

MEMORANDUM

TO: Interested Media
FROM: Sterling Ivey, Governor’s Press Secretary
RE: Governor Crist’s Bill Actions Today, May 11, 2010

Governor Charlie Crist received the following bills today, May 11, 2010:

CS/CS SB 1736 Unemployment Compensation
SB 2284 Legislature

The Governor has until May 26, 2010, to act on these bills.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Governor Crist’s press office at (850) 488-5394.

TCBlackcat 03/26/2010 9:51pm

FL -FYI (I called the UC office to check for any possible extensions for those with exhausted benefits, and was told to call back in 3 weeks for update or keep an eye on the website. It looks as though the long-term unemployed just may have a chance with this one, despite the wait; and this one will be retroactive)/April 12, 2010:

The Senate will convene at 2:00 p.m. and will be in a period of morning business until 3:00 p.m. with the time equally divided and controlled.

At 3:00 p.m., the Senate will resume the motion to proceed to H.R. 4851, the Continuing Extension Act of 2010 (UI/COBRA et al). The Republican Leader will control the time from 5:00-5:15 p.m. and the Majority Leader will control the time from 5:15-5:30 p.m.

At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will proceed to vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R. 4851. That will be the first vote of the day.

HopefromCA 03/26/2010 6:32pm

I feel that this is about delay,delay,delay. Congress does this over and over again. The feeling I get is that they feel if they make sure we have a gap between tiers it will force some of us back to work but all it does for the most part is force some of us to take part time work and then when the next tier comes along they don’t qualify for it because their income is too high.

sbrawsm 04/19/2010 12:06am

The bill is FOR people have EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS.

Illinois101 05/10/2010 3:52am

To everyone who is fighting for additional weeks/Tier 5, please call Congress today and ask if they will be adding additional weeks to HR 4213 (the bill that extends the filing dates until the end of the year).

TCBlackcat 04/13/2010 1:15am

FL -still no help for the long-term unemployed, and they’ve just passed it until May 2010, correct? Still no help for those that have exhausted all of their benefits, EB and all Tiers, correct?

dlh 04/16/2010 7:28am
in reply to dlh Apr 16, 2010 7:27am

This week will be the first time she’s collected.

AnnetteNuck1 04/13/2010 4:55am

Well, there is always one overbearing, self rightous idiot, who is so caught up in his wonderful uneconomically challedged life that he cant see beyond the realism happening to so many of us unemployed who want nothing more than our jobs back. How dare you pompous fool to deny/delay so many who have paid into this great country of ours then bicker over where the money will come from. You dont bicker to give yourself a raise or send monies to countries who are known to be corrupt and will continue to let their people live in poverty regardless of how much money you send for your new vacation spot you intend to create. Boy I would do anything to meet you face to face and let you walk in my shoes. Problem is you sir would never be able to handle the stress. You argue that are children will have to pick up the tab. Thats a good one. Is that really the best you can come up with. That has been happening for decades due to poor management on the governments part that means you!

USCITIZEN10 04/13/2010 10:44am
in reply to angienovi Apr 12, 2010 2:37pm

WELL, THEY LOOKING TO SEND $40 BILLIONS TO GREECE TO HELP IT’S ECONOMY AND FOR THE AMERICANS UNEMPLOYED WHAT?

USCITIZEN10 04/13/2010 10:46am
in reply to TCBlackcat Apr 13, 2010 1:15am

I THINK WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THEY HAVE TO WAIT 30 HRS.

g4ready 04/14/2010 9:02am

i promise to get 2-3 minimum wage jobs and support myself. i will take any mention of intelligence or my college degree off my resume and get a job. i accept my trashed credit. i will continue to live check-to-check. i’ll humble myself .. but can you help me with my already late april rent first?

this is me giving in. the rich get richer, the poor work harder. fine. i dont have much time anymore. what good is universal healthcare if i cant afford groceries?

Drunkin 04/14/2010 5:24pm
in reply to RealEstateSizzle Apr 12, 2010 10:46am

I was supposed to close tomorrow the 15th, and for this exact reason I cannot. Seeing my dreams of owning a home tangled with the mess that is this bill makes me sad and frustrated. Maybe next week…

Thank you Dems for trying to destroy my dreams. I look forward to participating in your removal this November.

TCBlackcat 04/15/2010 1:40am

FL -Well the Senate is recessed today, and the decision goes to tomorrow. Why should I even care (though I truly care about those of you that it will help). I am a long-termer, and there looks like nothing for those that have exhausted everything. Unemployed Workers website has a petition to sign to request a Tier V, if any of you are interested (I’m burned out). Have applied for at least 20-30 jobs this week alone and taken online qualification tests, with high results, only to be left out of any opportunity again. I am older, and can’t endure the physically strenuous jobs of my youth at low wage ($7.25 hr). I didn’t even make that much money, and this would still cut my income in half from what I’ve made in the past. At this point, I have more coming at me than I can handle, and I’m putting this whole thing in the Lord’s hands. I’m over it. I sit here everyday working towards a higher degree, while avidly looking for work, and I get absolutely nothing in return.

TCBlackcat 04/15/2010 1:43am

FL -continued …….

I have read many articles regarding this issue, and one says that the Senate is set to recess again in 6 wks, and that the long-term unemployed should prepare for a long hard summer. So what’s new, after the nightmare that we went through last Thanksgiving and Christmas (neither for me). While they were enjoying their 2 wks off for Easter, I wasn’t even able to buy my 2 granddaughters a basket. I have been suffering so much since layoff February 2009, that I’ve almost had to hybernate in order to simply survive. I can’t be a grandmother, and I can barely afford to even seek work. The UC office won’t even give you a gas card unless you not only get a job, but you have to get the job through their website (they give $40 one time, if the money is even still available). Just how do they expect us to go back to work? It takes money to make money. God bless all of you; and especially those of you that have to feed and care for an entire family.
AnnetteNuck1 04/13/2010 5:12am
in reply to gramps Apr 13, 2010 4:08am

You are right gramps. One bad apple spoiled it. Now we wait till Wednesday. We need 60 votes. Repukelican from Illinois who probably has kids in college and a nice house, maid, gardener thinks we are not an emergency. That we are not as worthy as Haiti and their own corrupt government officials. I am a Republican and I am ashamed of their lack of loyalty and commpassion for the very people who placed them in office. Shame on them! Good thing I live in Virginia fairly close to the WhiteHouse. If they dont move quickly I will be there with a sign “please let me live in your house that I helped pay for”.

angienovi 04/12/2010 2:30pm

This is for you (nmeagent):Do you work? If you do you pay taxes to the goverment that money goes out from us so that if something like this happens we’vd paid in they should pay out………..We just want what help we are intitled too.

angienovi 04/12/2010 2:37pm

They shouldn’t be spending anything to Haiti when we are in poverty.

4413bowen 04/15/2010 6:23am

I am a 30 year old single mother with one option left….that is to go to school. I cannot afford to go to school to better provide for my child if they do not pass an entension or revise the opening of new claims for those of us who haven’t worked in over a year. I have had 3 extensions and all is exhausted. Please help! I need to pay my car payment, car insurance, and put food on the table. That is not asking for much!!! I will take on the debt of school loans in order to “Hope” that a job will be easier to find with a degree.

4413bowen 04/15/2010 6:25am
in reply to 4413bowen Apr 15, 2010 6:23am

I live in Arkansas….if that may help.

TCBlackcat 05/26/2010 11:02pm
in reply to cheralike66 May 25, 2010 6:42pm

FL -I can’t agree with you enough. While looking for work, I was called for an interview, but they only wanted a bi-lingual person. It’s starting to look like it is more important to learn a foreign language than to get a higher education. I guess French will be next. Where do we go from here?

TCBlackcat 04/15/2010 6:55pm
in reply to dartcanyon Apr 15, 2010 2:14pm

Thanks for the info, but this does nothing for the long-term unemployed that have exhausted all of their benefits. Kudos for those that may still have something coming in:)

bonza32 04/15/2010 9:54pm

Once again the long term unemployed are tossed to the wolves…Ponder this: How many months of consecutive 160,000 new jobs would it take to re-hire over 7,000,000 unemployed Americans…

Yeah, things are getting better…in a year or three…

Try to get our elected officials to answer THAT question!

TBH, why isn’t the mainstream media asking the very same question and demanding a answer? We all know Senator Bunning’s feelings on the matter…give the guy credit to actually SAY what Congress is thinking…“Tough S—-!”

dlh 04/16/2010 3:25am

Don’t know if this will help us 99er’s, but couldn’t hurt. It’s probably been posted here before but just in case it was missed by some.

TCBlackcat 04/16/2010 6:04am

FL -Long-term Unemployed

AnnetteNuck1 04/16/2010 7:23am

Well, I telephone my local office today. They could tell me absolutley nothing except for “we will be notifying you by mail of your eligibility. We do not no how many weeks that will take. Call back in 2 weeks”. They would not even look me up to verify my eligibility for Teir 3. So, what do I do in the meantime? Should I go to the welfare department? I can not believe what my many years of hard work has come to. Of course as I do every day I applied for new job listings both in and out of my field. Still with limited response. Thank you Senate for holding onto this bill for almost 30 days as it only took the House 1. I will see what I have left to sell off to keep a roof over me and my childrens head. At the age of 42 laid off for 14 months have worked since High School I find myself losing everything material, my pride and my confidence in providing for my children financial support. The Banks need to start lending to the building industry so they can utilize Stimulas Granted.

dlh 04/16/2010 7:27am

Trying to find out for my daughter whose unemployment will start this week, does this new bill give her the extra $25?

APascarella1 04/16/2010 8:33am
in reply to dlh Apr 16, 2010 7:28am

angienovi 04/12/2010 2:32pm

By the way we won, I just watched as the Senate passed the bill H.R.4851 to extend our unemployment benefits, won 60-34.

cheralike66 05/25/2010 6:42pm

I was born in this country, pay taxes in this country, my father served this country, I read and write English, and I can’t find a job, WHY? Because I am not Bilingual. I see jobs posted online ALL the time in my profession that I should be able to apply for though I CAN’T in today’s world I do not speak Spanish. What happen to this country!! Our jobs are outsourced to those that can barely speak English!!! WHY? Because of GREED! Wake up folks you can’t take the monies to your grave… I am Tired of not working, I am tired of being broke; I can’t find full time work. HELP HARD WORKING AMERICANS UNTIL WE CAN FIND FULL TIME WORK.
The solution to getting unemployed Americans back to work is to create jobs.

Dear politicians you do not care about the middleclass unemployed Americans! Who lost their jobs during this recession and need help to survive.