H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

TCBlackcat 04/17/2010 3:18am
in reply to JoblessInPa Apr 17, 2010 2:15am

Thanks for the update. What a buzz-kill. So what’s new. Guess I was wanting help so bad that I mis-read the articles because it said long-term and re-apply. Now that I re-read the article, I see that nothing is coming for us that have exhausted everything. Well, I’ll keep pressing on for a job, and God Bless and God Help Us All.

pramsey 04/17/2010 6:24am

To the committee and all congressmen/women, please remove “, and for other purposes” from the title of this and all other bills in the future. This makes it obvious there is something in this bill that is completely unrelated to the title of the bill, such as “and grant the my cousin, the Unabomber, immunity from all further prosecution and punishment”

MadPenguin 04/17/2010 8:16am

I think i get it now, If all of us thousands of long-term unemployed lose our benefits, and are no longer “in the system” …on paper it looks no different than as if we all suddenly went back to work,and the powers that be,can say what a wonderful job they are doing with the economy!!..can anyone say SMOKE AND MIRRORS!!

TCBlackcat 05/05/2010 8:06pm
in reply to ssari30 May 05, 2010 11:51am

Keep in mind that this may be for selected states that approve for EB benefit extension. Seems as though the Governor has yet to sign the bill.

Illinois101 05/10/2010 3:52am

To everyone who is fighting for additional weeks/Tier 5, please call Congress today and ask if they will be adding additional weeks to HR 4213 (the bill that extends the filing dates until the end of the year).

dartcanyon 03/22/2010 7:28am

Now that Washington has screwed millions with their health bill when are they going to work on “Helping” the long term unemployed by adding more Tiers for the remainder of 2010? LOL. Everyone has to have health insurance now so what happens when we are still unemployed because of Washington and we can’t afford to buy health insurance?? You will be fined for not having it. Does not make sense but then again it is all a political ploy in an election year. Let’s see how much longer they make us suffer while they play their political games.

TCBlackcat 05/12/2010 2:45am

Florida -FYI

Contact:

GOVERNOR’S PRESS OFFICE
(850) 488-5394

MEMORANDUM

TO: Interested Media
FROM: Sterling Ivey, Governor’s Press Secretary
RE: Governor Crist’s Bill Actions Today, May 11, 2010

Governor Charlie Crist received the following bills today, May 11, 2010:

CS/CS SB 1736 Unemployment Compensation
SB 2284 Legislature

The Governor has until May 26, 2010, to act on these bills.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please call Governor Crist’s press office at (850) 488-5394.

AnnetteNuck1 03/25/2010 4:45am

Additionally sir, your stimulus for infra structure is a joke. You cant touch the stimulus money until after you finance the infra structure for the project. The banks are not lending therefore your stimulus money sits not doing anyone any good. How are busines suppose to put u back to work if th banks dont finance the beginning of the project. Gee, I thought as smart as you are there would have been a stipulation to these bank bail outs to cooperate with your stimulus plan monies. Guess you are not as intelligent as you thought huh? Get real sir. Your descisions are driving people like me who use to have a nice home and decent life into poverty. You suck.

sbrawsm 04/19/2010 12:06am

The bill is FOR people have EXHAUSTED ALL TIERS.

E5349 03/26/2010 1:51pm

No extension vote till they come back from their EASTER break ( April 12th). I wonder how they all sleep at night when there are so many of us running out of time and money. I don’t sleep well, considering I can’t find a job and my Tier 1 will run out and I will not be able to get Tier 2, thanks to those in Washington not taking care of bills HR4851 or HR4213 before they go home for two weeks. I spend my nights wondering how to feed my daughter and keep a roof over her head. I’m a single parent and the sole provider. I’ve never been on welfare or homeless, but I may be homeless soon. I will make sure that I vote in November. As far as I’m concerned both parties let us down. They were to busy fighting over the health care bill. Maybe they should walk a mile in the shoes of someone fighting just to survive. Must be nice to have a two week vacation. No worries or thoughts of being without food or shelter and no worries about those without jobs and without benefits. Thanks Congress.

sassysally50 03/26/2010 2:09pm

Unemployment Line Stays Long: Up to 26.4 Million Seek Full-Time Jobs

Unemployment is expected to remain above 9% for at least the next two years, according to Christopher Woock, research associate for The Conference Board, and other economists.

Can any one say “DEPRESSION”

sassysally50 03/26/2010 2:12pm

What about the Unemployed that has Exhausted all Tiers ..and Have no Jobs or Benefits left to pay for their basic needs …Where’s their HELP!!!!

TCBlackcat 05/17/2010 4:58pm

FL -May 17 2010 (Thank You Governor Crist, Congress and President Obama)

TALLAHASSEE – Governor Charlie Crist today signed Senate Bill (SB) 1736, extending eligibility dates for the Extended Benefits (EB) program. The EB program provides unemployment compensation to job seekers who have exhausted all other available benefits and meet all requirements. Governor Crist announced that the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation will begin accepting EB applications at its Web site www.floridajobs.org, on Wednesday, May 19, 2010.

TCBlackcat 05/20/2010 9:53pm

FL -Bah Humbug! Yes, another misleading attempt to get our hopes up for the long-term unemployed. Only EB available for those who’s benefits have not expired. This makes me so tired, while watching tons of money being spent for everything under the sun, while the long-term unemployed are again left behind. And now I hear that Congress is again on vacation. Enjoy! We are not lazy, we are actively seeking work opportunities, and are legitimately eligible for these benefits. What’s wrong with this picture? Finally had to file for food stamps and Medicaid.

cheralike66 05/25/2010 6:42pm

I was born in this country, pay taxes in this country, my father served this country, I read and write English, and I can’t find a job, WHY? Because I am not Bilingual. I see jobs posted online ALL the time in my profession that I should be able to apply for though I CAN’T in today’s world I do not speak Spanish. What happen to this country!! Our jobs are outsourced to those that can barely speak English!!! WHY? Because of GREED! Wake up folks you can’t take the monies to your grave… I am Tired of not working, I am tired of being broke; I can’t find full time work. HELP HARD WORKING AMERICANS UNTIL WE CAN FIND FULL TIME WORK.
The solution to getting unemployed Americans back to work is to create jobs.

Dear politicians you do not care about the middleclass unemployed Americans! Who lost their jobs during this recession and need help to survive.

TCBlackcat 05/26/2010 11:02pm
in reply to cheralike66 May 25, 2010 6:42pm

FL -I can’t agree with you enough. While looking for work, I was called for an interview, but they only wanted a bi-lingual person. It’s starting to look like it is more important to learn a foreign language than to get a higher education. I guess French will be next. Where do we go from here?

dlh 04/16/2010 7:28am
in reply to dlh Apr 16, 2010 7:27am

This week will be the first time she’s collected.

HopefromCA 03/26/2010 6:32pm

I feel that this is about delay,delay,delay. Congress does this over and over again. The feeling I get is that they feel if they make sure we have a gap between tiers it will force some of us back to work but all it does for the most part is force some of us to take part time work and then when the next tier comes along they don’t qualify for it because their income is too high.

AnnetteNuck1 04/22/2010 4:41am
in reply to sbrawsm Apr 21, 2010 4:42pm

Dartcanyon,
The teir thing is a bit confusing. I lost benefits once teir II ran out because of the extension date I did not meet. The extension date has now been moved )VIA HR4851)therefore I am now qualified to collect the final tier in VA teir III. I was made aware this morning that VA has approved people who have exhausted teir II to move into Teir III and that monetary decisions are being mailed out today. Thats all I know at this point. I have a job interview on Friday. This will be my third in 14 months. Pray for me…car needs brakes, kids need summer clothing, never mind the everyday expenses..I feel for people that are worst off than me and I will be praying and wishing good things for all of you…..

colleengard 04/22/2010 6:25pm
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Apr 22, 2010 4:41am

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR INTERVIEW, AND ALL WHO DESIRE WORK ARE IN MY PRAYERS! I HOPE AFTER ALL THE RESUMES I SEND OUT I TOO WILL SOON HAVE A INTERVIEW SOON.NO JOBS HERE IN PHILADELPHIA AND I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE AND I AM A CERTIFIED BILLIIND AND CODING SPECIALIST,PLEASE GOD HELP US ALL!

colleengard 04/22/2010 6:34pm
in reply to dant Apr 21, 2010 4:27pm

I AGREE KEEP CALLING, WRITING, SENDING EMAILS, ETC, TO ALL YOUR REPRESENATIVES AND SENATORS DAILY I HAVE BEEN, TOGETHER WE ARE ALL ONE LOUD VOICE THAT DESERVES TO BE HEARD, WE NEED A HELPING HELP, WE PAID INTO THE UNEMPLOYMENT FOR YEARS, AND YEARS WE NEED A TIER 5 AND NOT JUST FOR A MONTH OR TWO DOES THE PHRASE “BROTHER CAN YOU SPARE A DIME” SOUND FAMILIAR AND SCARY!

CSIII 04/23/2010 5:49am

There is a bill in the Ways and Means Committee. HR4707 would extend the unemployment benefits until the end of the year. This would be Tier 5.

This bill only makes the Tiers, up to Tier 4 available for those whose time would have run out. If you exhausted Tier 3 (or Tier 4 if you state had very high unemployment), then this bill isn’t for you. You should look at HR4707.

spamom 04/28/2010 7:13pm

Does anyone have an indication when the dates will be pushed back further for tier extensions? If not soon, I’m screwed too. My current Tier 1 expires June 5th:(

TCBlackcat 05/01/2010 2:47am

FL -FYI for those that don’t know ……. new UC website posting that EB payment opportunity just approved by Senate for payments thru June 5th, and waiting for final approval to be signed. Need to check UC website for details and they say to view often for updates. This one will provide money for those that have exhausted everything, depending on when your EUC expired, as well as for others. I was surprised to see it based on what has been going on nationwide with all the delays. This may be limited to individual states; don’t know because it’s all so new. Praying that I fall within the benefit deadline of the EUC. Blessings to you all for ongoing benefits so that we can survive and get re-employed!

ssari30 05/05/2010 11:51am

FYI TCBlackcat, what site did you get your info from?? I live in Maryland and my benefits ended back in January 2010. I have looked all over the internet and found nothing that pretains to what you are stating. Can you please elabrate more…. Thank You!

USCITIZEN10 04/17/2010 4:51pm
in reply to JoblessInPa Apr 17, 2010 1:50am

I GUESS THAT IF NONE OF THE 99ERS GET A JOB AND THE CONGRESS DON’T DO ANYTHING FOR US,MOST OF US WILL HAVE TO GO TO BEG FOR HELP TO THE WELFARE.
I’M 60 YRS OLD AND I DON’T THINK I WILL HAVE ANY LUCK GETTING A JOB AND WORSE WHEN YOU HAVE A HISTORY OF CANCER.GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF YOU.

USCITIZEN10 04/17/2010 5:12pm
in reply to TCBlackcat Apr 17, 2010 1:04am

WHY EDD KEEP SAYING THAT ALL THE 99ERS WON’T GET ANYTHING FROM THIS BILL?

BECAUSE WE EXHAUSTED ALL THE BENEFITS WE DON’T HAVE TO BE INCLUDE IN THE SYSTEM?

Private 04/17/2010 5:19pm

Smoke and mirrors will blow away and shatter when mortgages aren’t paid and electricity is turned off.

Blackarachnia 04/17/2010 7:22pm
in reply to MadPenguin Apr 17, 2010 8:16am

I learned that trick here in NV (unemployment rate currently 13.4% but the truth is it’s more like 20%) back with the Tier IV. Other states were getting their first and second payments but we weren’t getting paid until just before Christmas with gloating that the unemployment has dropped for Nov. Is it possible because you weren’t accepting anyone’s filing????

When I spoke to unemployment on Friday, she did state she did notice a drop in unemployment filings, of course because Tier IV expired Feb 28 and we’re not able to file.

My roommate was bumped from SEB to Tier IV when it was released, but now that Tier IV has been exhausted for weeks, but he’s unable to access the remaining SEB balance. They tell him he has to appeal it. WTF

It bites, I’m sure I’m not the only one who cannot borrow money to pay their rent, to keep their power on (I received my 10 day turn off notice just a few days ago)

Wish you all luck as the government screws the little people again….

Blackarachnia 04/17/2010 7:24pm
in reply to Private Apr 17, 2010 5:19pm

Not sure what you mean by blow away. Lost my house last year, lived in a motel for 5 months because I had no other place to go. Sold all my Transformers that were 20 yrs and older to make ends meet.

But here in NV, we only have one electricty company to choose from, and they raise their rates every year and annouce recording breaking profits prior to the raises.