H.R.5618 - Restoration of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010

To continue Federal unemployment programs. view all titles (5)

• Official: To continue Federal unemployment programs. as introduced.
  • Popular: Restoration of Emer- gency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Restoration of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Restoration of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Restoration of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010 as passed house.

• njcoolchik 06/30/2010 3:31pm

I do not know what is worse. The headaches from reading all these bills trying to get passed or the anxiety from any of them not getting passed. Total disgrace.

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

ridinghero1990 06/30/2010 4:38pm

We have the money for wars and to find Iraqi people jobs but we don’t have money to help the unemployed? Give me a break, “handout”. This will pass eventually.

jrhill 06/30/2010 4:55pm

Obama just sent $100 million dollars to the Palestinians.

if we do not have any money, then where did this come from?

Democrats are teeing up CapNTax Global Warming Bill to raise taxes,destroy whats left of our smokestack industries and spend bilions on wind and solar energy.Where did all this $ come from?

Democrats are getting ready to give amnesty to 15 million illegal immigrants.Food stamps,$ for a car,housing,free health care,education.Where did all this money come from?

jrhill 06/30/2010 4:56pm

Obama just sent 300+ mil to bail out Greece who are in shambles because their government spends like drunken liberals.Where did all this money come from?

Obama just sent SEIU,labor unions and special interest groups 250+ million as a thank you for securing his win in the election.Where did all this money come from?

ok-millions of hard-working Americans who have spent their entire lives working, supporting their families and paying taxes are out of work,unable to find a job.They have all paid into the system for Unemployment Insurance so they would be ok for a while if they lost their jobs.Where’s all the money now?

dankennedy73 07/01/2010 5:36pm

And of coarse, George Bush and the Republicans did better? Seriously? What are you, Tea Party or something. For your information it is the Democrats that are trying to do something to fix the economic chrisis that the republicans put us in, as they allways do when they are in the White House, Does anyone remember the reasons the Great Depression happened? And no, I don’t like everything the Dems are doing, and in fact disagree with many of the things they are pushing, but the facts are that they are still much better than the Republicans.

dankennedy73 07/01/2010 6:08pm

Please don’t speak to grown ups untill you actually know what the hell is going on!

• wes00 06/30/2010 4:41pm

..the bill didnt make it guys..so the fight goes on.

ridinghero1990 06/30/2010 4:45pm

1 vote short… once they replace Byrd, it will pass. The end result is NOT in doubt.

• jrhill 06/30/2010 5:00pm

the bottom line is this… the economy is a disaster, this administration is a disaster.. and anyone who continues voting democrats into office after this is also a disaster..

the only way to fix it is to get rid of Pelosi, Reid and Soetoro and get some fresh blood in there…

every democrat that wins re-election in November will vote for Pelosi and Reid to maintain control. Sorry, but that’s how it goes… In order to get rid of those two tyrants, then every Democrat (good and bad) must go…

sucks, but its reality folks…

dankennedy73 07/01/2010 5:21pm

I don’t know where you are getting this unrealistic info from, but so far it’s the Dems that have been on our side. they are the only ones who are trying to fix the mess that conservative republicans have put us in.

jrhill 07/05/2010 7:33am

you are being lied to… I watch C-Span every day.. and “reality” differs greatly from what you are being told… mock me if you wish, for the democrats in congress only want to spread ‘misery’ equally among us… Socalism is the enemy of God and the battle lines are being drawn as we speak. Who do you serve?

jrhill 07/05/2010 9:10am

• DoloresB 07/01/2010 6:07am

Help! I speak for myself as well & all of the other unemployed people of the USA!!! I lost my job to Mexico! Cheaper people & cheaper facility!
    We need this funding to survive! It’s really something that the USA can fund
    other issues but the “working” class has to beg and be forgotten.

byronguillot 07/01/2010 6:34am

Just remember this suffering in the future Dolores, one day things will be different. Better times are coming, dont give up. It will be our day soon. God Bless.

• byronguillot 07/01/2010 7:00am

All I ask America is for everyone to remember. Remember this suffering on election day, remember the men and women whom stand up talking and talking about what we need or dont need, remember them takeing their time while you sit in front of the TV at every word said, praying to hear that statement IT PASSED, just remember, paybacks are a Bitch!!!!!

• jrhill 07/01/2010 8:08am

Everyone, keep the faith. With the recent passing of Senator Byrd (D-WV) the governor of West Virginia (democrat) will appoint another Democrat. This will be the 60’th vote on the measure in the senate.

Do NOT lose HOPE! Do NOT give up! We will make it through this together!

Hang in there! Enjoy your holiday with your FAMILY! Stay positive and hopeful! This is most important… never lose FAITH in the Living God who loves you.. it is by His suffering, that we suffer and that we come to HIM!

2 Corinthians 1:3 – 1:11

Hang in there everybody! Be thankful for what you have.. poverty and homelessness in America is still LUXURY for so many others who live in other countries in this world.

• bumperz 07/01/2010 1:08pm

i recieved infor from NJ that i am eligable for EB benefits. so basically skipping III and IV and jumping to the end of the line. it did however, deduct from my claim remaining balance of which i am still owed the 3 weeks of outstanding claims. i am so confused but grateful a check is going in the mail tomorrow. i hope a miracle can occur before the day is done, or this is in the can by lunch on the 12th.

• eavina30 07/01/2010 6:31pm

boycott is the answer, boston tea party there ass, poor is the new minority, we want our independence from these republicans

• Allana1 07/02/2010 5:59am

You know what?! All these people that are complaining and saying that we,the unemployed, are getting a handout are still employed and haven’t had their jobs cut to fit the bottom line or shipped to India/Mexico! I know for a fact that in Southeren Ohio DHL KILLED the economy there when they left! Oh and shut up about your taxes and your grandchildren’s taxes because guess what?! I have payed taxes since I was 18 years old for this very reason if I need help the government will help. They can pour BILLIONS into rebuilding the Iraqi infrastructure, and they can bail out Wallstreet but can’t help the common American! We’re the ones that elected them and now they won’t help ME! Charity starts at home people! When you lose your job, have your meager emergency income cut, then have to apply for foodstamps,and are facing eviction then let me know how you feel! Until then shut up and watch quietly in the corner, because you don’t have a dog in this fight!

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:53am

I could not agree with you more, Good points, every one of them.

• sassysally50 07/02/2010 6:01am

irhill,

Re: poverty and homelessness in America is still LUXURY for so many others who live in other countries in this world…..

This has to be the most ignorant statement I have read so far..Come back here when you have exhausted all tiers and repeat that statement..

Re: Do NOT lose HOPE! Do NOT give up! We will make it through this together!

What about Hope for people that have exhausted all tiers( 99ers) ..

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:58am

I’ve seen Poverty first hand in many nations and it all looks the same. Trust me, being poverty stricken and homeless in America is no different than it is in China, or Korea, or Germany, or any of a hundred different places in the world.

jrhill 07/03/2010 7:26am

really? I’ve never seen a 300 pound overweight homeless person in Africa or in China…

but there are plenty in America..

In America there are places to go, to eat, for shelter, for clothes… there are people who donate to help and people who will care for you.

to disdain and take for granted that which you already have will only guarantee that it will be taken from you. be thankful and fortunate and put Him first and that what you cannot even fathom will be given to you.

jrhill 07/03/2010 6:56am

I have already exhausted all tiers.. and I will repeat my statement.

Be fortunate.. do not take for granted what you ALREADY have. Do not cast glory aside when it is there for the taking. You fear and you worry, yet you breath. You hunger and despair, yet you are fed. You are free to doubt me and insult me and my comments. If money and earthly things are what you worship, then you will never know hope no matter how much you have. Feel free to flame me and my words… because it will bless me and curse you.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Matthew 5:12

• sassysally50 07/02/2010 4:27pm

The real un/under-employment rate went up from 16.1 to 16.7%. Search for U-6 at bls.gov.

That’s just un/under-employment. Add in the self-employed and small business owners that aren’t making any money but don’t show up in U-3 or U-6, and the real-real un/under-employment rate is somewhere over 20%. Maybe way over 20%.

Those are depression-era numbers…It’s only gotten worse the last 99 weeks …Where’s the help for the 99ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• sd4123 07/03/2010 2:32am

This is really sad, nobody is looking for handouts. I worked at the same job for 28 years ending on May 15, 2009 at a rate of 38.8 per hour. Now, I collect UIC and still wrok part time at walmart for 8.25 perhour and it cuts into my unemployment, but I think its better to try to do something than do nothing, so there are some people out there that do care … and try

• jrhill 07/03/2010 7:12am

Get up from your chair, open your door and walk outside…

“Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”

• jrhill 07/03/2010 4:56pm

• Jess01869 07/06/2010 4:09pm

Does anyone know New Jersey’s unemployment rate? Senator Frank Lautenberg of NJ (democrat) took Byrd’s place. Final vote needed perhaps? Write him!