H.R.6556 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act

To provide for the further temporary extension of the emergency unemployment compensation program, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)

• Official: To provide for the further temporary extension of the emergency unemployment compensation program, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.

• Marcy 12/19/2010 2:05pm

I’m not a religious person, but this is one of those times when I will be adding an extra person to my prayers by name. Rep. Barbara Lee, you are in my prayers for listening to us.

Here’s a small bit of news for this.

BPennett 12/20/2010 1:12am

It is amazing that Congress is so out of touch…..or just in DENIAL….

where 12/20/2010 1:20am

It is insanity they keep pushing stupid bills, Most they know wont pass, But in true form of a public servant they are going to show us new and amazing ways to waste time and money all the while accomplishing nothing!

Legion1 01/06/2011 12:48pm

that is just about the dumbest statement I seen on this site yet.

Marcy: I’m not a religious person, but this is one of those times when I will be adding an extra person to my prayers by name

if you’re not religious, why do you pray? Is that even ethical?

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 2:28pm

We have 163 views already on this bill, all since this afternoon.

Get on the phones and call tomorrow viewers!!!!! We have ONE last chance.

I would start with the CBC, for status and maybe some recommendations on who they think we should also contact.

Congressional Black Caucus

congressionalblackcaucus@mail.house.gov

Phone: 202-226-9776.

Fax: 202-225-9817

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 2:38pm

USA News Media: Report ASAP re: H.R. 6556 & S.3706 Americans Want To Work Act for Tier 5 99ers

Targeting: Elizabeth Vargas: 20/20 (News Anchor), Mika Brzezinski: Morning Joe (Co-Anchor: Politics News ), FOX , see more…

Sign the Petition

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 2:58pm

Lee introduces bill in House to provide unemployment extension for 99ers

• bethclambert 12/19/2010 5:10pm

Pretty hard to get your hopes up at this point, we have been called everything in the book.

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 5:42pm

But we are still here, and very much ALIVE.

where 12/19/2010 11:53pm

Here is to Hoping!

• brucythe1rcd 12/20/2010 4:06am

If you support this bill sign the petition:

• Spam Comment

• WasMiddleClass 12/20/2010 7:00am

A New Bill for 99ers, But Is It Too Late?
    December 20, 2010 – by Donny Shaw

MaxwellsSilverHammer 12/20/2010 9:39am

Are they going to try Start? even after the GOP said they wont vote for it?

WasMiddleClass 12/21/2010 5:16am

I have not been following that.

• katmels22 12/20/2010 11:29am

Emal Ed Schultz, ask him to mention the bill, and that we need support for it! I Called Barbara Lee’s office, was told that there are no more commitees meeting after tomorrow(tuesday). So this need to be done now, Her aid said they are working to obtain alot of support to get this passed. Here is a link that should work for the ed show email, if not go to msnbc.com to the ed show and emai. The first time I attempted to email it said some error code then I tried again, (arrowed back to the page) then it was sent. Its worth a shot! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30031533/

• Abaratarrr 12/20/2010 4:05pm

Nancy pelosi has the authority to block the budget if the unemployment extension is not attached, she can draw a line in the sand and say they if unemployment benefits are not extended that the government will be shut down, Please contact nancey pelosi and let her know that the recent 13 month extension does nothing for the long term unemployed (202) 225-4965 or AmericanVoices@mail.house.gov, more benefits for the long term unemployed is entirely up to her at this point.

• Abaratarrr 12/20/2010 4:12pm

here is the bill

As of now this bill only has one co sponcer please contact you representatives and ask them to sponsor 6556.

Abaratarrr 12/20/2010 4:18pm

“Status: Referred to the Committee on Ways and Means, and in addition to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker”

Pelosi is the speaker, what happens next and when it happens is up to her,

I fear that this is just another 3706, something to pacifie us over the holidays (like 3706) so that the unemployed are not pestering them during their vacation.

MaxwellsSilverHammer 12/20/2010 4:59pm

Alot more people are watching this than 3706, I hope the trolls dont follow

where 12/20/2010 8:47pm

It would be a damned shame if our staving freezing butts caused them discomfort!

Darkknight 12/21/2010 5:51am

BigDaddy or Mayor ?? Hmmm….

• WasMiddleClass 12/21/2010 4:47am

99ers TIER 5 UNEMPLOYMENT H.R.6556 AND JERRY’S REQUEST

The following was posted in the comment section of an article written by Michael Colliss titled “H.R.6556-Latest Attempt to Expand Unemployment-Serious Attempt or Cynical Ploy” at ALLNEWS247.com by a poster known to me only as Jerry. I do not know Jerry personally but I presume by his comments he is a 99er and in his comments he asked everyone reading his comments to “Copy and paste this to every blog and unemployment advocacy organization you can!”.

nancym 12/21/2010 5:37am

I think there’s some missing logic in that line of arithmetic he presents, but other than that, right on! Personally, I’ve started to pay more attention to other forums that are not for the purpose of organizing the unemployed, because all this preaching to the choir for two years may be good for solidarity (even considering the sniping on these forums), but it does little to really get the information out to those who might be sympathetic but are otherwise uninformed.

nancym 12/21/2010 5:37am

I visited a progressive forum a few days ago and posted some stuff and got attacked right away for criticizing anything Obama did, even though I presented my “Obama support credentials” pretty thoroughly I think. The problem I found is that some, not all, of these liberal people who supported this tax cut deal so fervently didn’t even know what was actually in the bill! They ignored the lack of help for the unemployed as a whole, or didn’t realize the difference, and seemed to think that this bill gave funds to Medicaid (it doesn’t!) and that it would help small businesses by cutting down on the SS payroll taxes (the cut is only for the employee’s share!), and stuff like that.

And then we have Hatch on the other side of the spectrum. This country really needs an education.

WasMiddleClass 12/21/2010 5:46am

It’s is so funny when I get called a liberal or a Republican depending on what site I am on.

Too many people don’t want to peek outside their box.

nancym 12/21/2010 5:55am

You can say that again! Seems like most get attached to a sort of “line of thinking” that doesn’t let facts on the ground get in the way.

WasMiddleClass 12/21/2010 5:44am

I caught that too, but the rest was good.

Personally I like getting the conservatives on the survival forums all fired up when you explain how millions with no income could likely create a disaster.

nancym 12/21/2010 5:54am

LOL! They’ll probably go out and buy more guns!

MaxwellsSilverHammer 12/21/2010 5:55am

That sounds like a good Idea, what are some of those other forms?