H.R.735 - Rangel Rule Act of 2009

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that penalties and interest will not be imposed on individuals who are citizens of the United States. view all titles (3)

• Official: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that penalties and interest will not be imposed on individuals who are citizens of the United States. as introduced.
  • Popular: Rangel Rule Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Rangel Rule Act of 2009 as introduced.

• arkadyka 02/03/2009 5:26pm

This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen! I want to see how the tax cheats themselves vote on this thing. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

• u54gp24 02/07/2009 12:25am

I am tired of the Democrats being such hypocrites. In all fairness, this bill needs to be passed. Did Tom Daschle pay penalties and interest? Did Geithner pay panalties and interest? And Harry Reid said in an interview that paying taxes is voluntary?

• hank 02/09/2009 7:32pm

This would be wonderful.

• Phyllie 09/05/2009 9:25am

It’s interesting to me that these guys went for 6 or more years without the IRS filing levies and liens on them. But for the rest of us they swoop in and clean out bank accounts in a matter of months. The IRS, just like all the other enforcement agencies in our country, always take the path of least resistance and go after the little guys because they’re more easily intimidated.

• stlcat 09/07/2009 12:48pm

The amazing thing is they still do NOT get it!!! Why should you and I pay if they do not? They have far more means to do so than most of us. I feel a bit like I am drowning — everywhere there is corruption, deceit and insufficient outrage, or even censure. Why should I work if nearly all my money will be taxed away from me to pay for OTHER people’s priorities (health care for those who will not take care of themselves, college educations for those that will not stay childless and enrolled through 12th grade…). where does it end?

• catcha 02/27/2010 6:22am

It would be great to see this get out in the media again. To use a much over used phrase, “It’s not fair”, that our political leaders play by a different set of rules than the people they are supposed to represent. The same should be true for taxes and health care. Our political leaders should be held to the same standards and coverage as the rest of us.