S.1023 - Travel Promotion Act of 2009
A bill to establish a non-profit corporation to communicate United States entry policies and otherwise promote leisure, business, and scholarly travel to the United States. view all titles (4)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to establish a non-profit corporation to communicate United States entry policies and otherwise promote leisure, business, and scholarly travel to the United States. as introduced.
- Short: Travel Promotion Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Travel Promotion Act of 2009 as reported to senate.
- Short: Travel Promotion Act of 2009 as passed senate.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that support this bill:
- Entertainment Industry/Broadcast & Motion Pictures Entertainment Industry/Broadcast & Motion Pictures (close)
- Chambers of commerce Chambers of commerce (close)
- Lodging & tourism Lodging & tourism (close)
- Hotels & motels Hotels & motels (close)
Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups
|Name||Amount Received||Vote On Passage|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$134,150||Aye|
|Sen. Roy Blunt [R, MO]||$99,650|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$79,700||Aye|
|Sen. Patrick J. Leahy [D, VT]||$71,850||Aye|
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$70,450||Aye|
|Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA]||$70,099||Aye|
|Sen. Mark Kirk [R, IL]||$42,550|
|Sen. John Thune [R, SD]||$41,180||Aye|
|Sen. Kelly Ayotte [R, NH]||$28,100|
|Sen. Rob Portman [R, OH]||$27,450|
|Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney [D, NY-12]||$39,060|
|Rep. Eric Cantor [R, VA-7]||$28,700|
|Rep. Chris Van Hollen [D, MD-8]||$22,800|
|Rep. Fred Upton [R, MI-6]||$22,600|
|Rep. James E. Clyburn [D, SC-6]||$21,000|
|Rep. Xavier Becerra [D, CA-34]||$20,344|
|Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D, MD-5]||$19,550|
|Rep. Alan Grayson [D, FL-9]||$16,250|
|Rep. Lamar Smith [R, TX-21]||$15,750|
|Rep. Brad Sherman [D, CA-30]||$14,900|
Specific Organizations Supporting S.1023
- U.S. Travel Association
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Walt Disney Company
- Carlson Hotels Worldwide
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.