S.1699 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009

A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.

• leo55262 10/27/2009 11:25am

How do these republicans lay their heads down at night. They should be totally ashamed of themselves, greedy #$%$^&7&!!!!! I am sure their are republicans unemployed…. How can you be so cold

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 11:35am

we better bang there heads down tonight!

• abbondanza 10/27/2009 11:28am

Durbin has held the torch beautifully today. I wish he would add “I cannot believe that this Senate, in good conscience, would consider ANY matter more pressing or urgent than a million American families falling into potential homelessness and destitution. This is all these people have to hang on to, by the thin thread that extended benefits would provide them.”

• jelee 10/27/2009 11:35am

As I wait like everybody else for that magical hour to come, to see what the faith of this bill is going to be, Which I think will be good ! I can’t help to think of the hurdels that have to be over come with our UI office in Ohio before anybody in this state see’s anything, I really hope that I am wrong about that 4-wks.or better that we have been told, But I have that gut feeling
    along with the past experiences of ODJFS.

• acedebase 10/27/2009 11:37am

If they are going to extend the Homebuyer Tax Credit to higher income brackets then they should do it for all first-time homebuyers with combined incomes < 200k. I don’t understand this hokey, two-tiered proposal for entry-level homebuyers and step-up buyers. Why is the Senate discriminating against professionals who are buying their first home because home prices finally made sense!!!!!

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 11:40am

here we go!

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 11:42am

this guy on unemployment and then he is going to kyl! maybe kyl will stop being a pus and talk about it and withdraw objection

• jelee 10/27/2009 11:43am

I would like to see aleast one Democrat that comes up to speak on behalf of the bill, make a comment to the other side in reference to what their throughts
    are on their constiuents voting for them when their term is up, after displaying their actions in not wanting to help their constiuents in their hour of need in their states.

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 11:49am

i stand and applaud this guy!!!

KYL COME DOWN!!! LETS HERE IT!!

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 11:50am

KYL is a Bitch!!! hahaha

• Happy88 10/27/2009 11:48am

Hi Folks…I’ve been away taking care of sick family member and looking for jobs also….I live in CA and have exhausted everything begining of Sept. Can any of you, if you have the patience (i know how exhausting this is to keep answering same questions over and over) fill me in? May be someone in here from CA who is in same boat I am…CA is a mess! Thanks…

Danzick1 10/27/2009 11:58am

The Senate is going to debate HR 3548 at 5:30 and then voting on it at 6pm. Republicans are holding up the bill because they want to pass 8 amendments of which at least 2 of them have nothing to do with Unemployment Compensation.

Happy88 10/27/2009 12:02pm

Thanks! I’ll be watching. And, fyi, even though I have not been able to be in here, politics aside…I am ready to vote all the bums out..nomatter what party….I’m sick of them all…and so is everyone I know … party affiliations don’t matter anymore. You mess with us Patriots we are DONE! I’m for term limits too

• Bassmaster2009 10/27/2009 11:51am

OMG Kyl is such a douchbag

• pbhames 10/27/2009 11:53am

Kyl is such an ass he can’t even adress the unemployment. I hope you people in Arizona get him on the street with your views. If we the unemployed could afford it we would all go to his office and tell him what a wimp he is and get him fired.

• abbondanza 10/27/2009 11:54am

Here’s Kyl NOT addressing UE, talking about the Afghan War…the Republicans speak on any other subject BUT out-of-work, needy Americans.

They are potentially harming Americans by ignoring and blocking this. In essence, they are becoming domestic terrorists.

Beaubien 10/27/2009 11:56am

Kyl needs the Boot !!!

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 11:56am

id rather here byrd then this guy at least he is funny!

Bassmaster2009 10/27/2009 11:58am

And Byrd dont ignore the topic(might spell it out, but not ignore it) :-)

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 12:01pm

i bet the afgans get unemplyoment pay from us.

They get UI bene before us haha

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 12:03pm

i hope kyl has a nice exit stratagy,

Beaubien 10/27/2009 12:06pm

Kyl needs to put a cork in it and let someone speak that cares about the Unemployed !

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 12:07pm

let him keep talking 530 is our time

when the debate comes at 530 can they talk about other stuff

mlgrimes6642 10/27/2009 12:08pm

Well Kyl didnt grow a pair overnight and withdraw…big suprise!! Come on 5:30!!!

JMatzelle57 10/27/2009 12:08pm

SIT DOWN BTICH!!! CYA KYL in 20 mins

getting nervous

• Bassmaster2009 10/27/2009 12:04pm

seems like he is running his speech into the actual UB discussion

• Bassmaster2009 10/27/2009 12:05pm

And not saying a word about it

Danzick1 10/27/2009 12:06pm

Honestly, this man is an A@@@@@E!!!!

• Bassmaster2009 10/27/2009 12:06pm

Oh srry im a half hour early

• jgallop 10/27/2009 12:11pm

They are gonna debate at 5:30 i sure hope carl Levin D Mi. gets up there and fights for his state , he needs to get off his fat a$$ and be heard..

Send Your Senator a Letter