S.1699 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009

A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.

n0bama4me 07/19/2010 2:15pm

excuse me but your an adult and you should damn well know by now nothing is for free and that includes college! it costs a lot especially for a 4 year college. it is not free! there are tuition, fees, application, processing, sports fee, parking fee, health fee, books, room/board, etc etc. it is not free. it costs somebody! and college is getting pretty damn expensive!

BrokeInOhioPart2 07/19/2010 2:46pm

You are very wrong.. I have a son in his 2nd year of school. He pays for NOTHING out of pocket. Books and fees and tuition are all covered. If you go to a community college alot do not have parking fees. Ours does not. He does live at home. And who cares about sports fees. Watch the game on TV. He works part-time but that money goes for car insurance and payment.
    We paid NO processing fee or application fee. So if you are sitting around your home or apartment or cardboard box., you can get some education. If you are going to be sitting there anyways you might as well get some education.

BrokeInOhioPart2 07/19/2010 2:57pm

I think most can get a $5800 Pell grant, that does not get repaid and a 780.00 Ohio grant, that does not need repaid. You add this together and it pays for 2 semesters at college.. we have been offered to get low interests loans but he has declined them… I think 1 semester at our community college is 2795.00 no matter how many credit hours you take. so if you are careful you can do it

n0bama4me 07/19/2010 3:04pm

i am on a pell grant right now. i know first hand about this. its not my first degree either. even with the pell grant “cheap” colleges are few and faaaar between. consider yourself lucky if you ever find a way to cover it without taking out loans or borrowing from anyone else. the point was this is not the solution as obama says it is to unemployment, border problems, and political corruption. what are we going to do with people with 10 degrees and 1,000,000 dollar in college loans to repay? what then? what happens if you don’t get a job after degree #2… obama says retrain??? training aint going to do jack shit if there aint a job!

Kickthebumsout 07/20/2010 7:44am

well if it free, yeah be silly not too. I thought only free education in ohio was for foriegners.

WAstateVETERAN 07/19/2010 1:18pm

Can you kindly reveal you’re source for that information? I’d like to research it more, thanks.

n0bama4me 07/19/2010 2:26pm

don’t we all get obama money? i mean there is so much change going on i just love it. obama is such a fresh breath of air because he has turned this country around and done so much. look at how transparent his government is and how he is shrinking government, growing small business, lowering taxes, protecting our borders… oh man what a guy… and oh yeah look at how he fought relentlessly getting us the unemployment extension… its july now right? yeah… all hail lord failure!

Kickthebumsout 07/20/2010 7:22am

did you know the great ronald reagan increased spending by 189% and the next pres daddy bush increased it by 50% and then baby bush ingreased it by 53% yep them repuks are fiscaly responcible.

n0bama4me 07/20/2010 3:36pm

kick… ok you brought this on yourself. your not seriously saying that obama is more financially/economically responsible than bush or regan are you… because obama omg is the worst maxi-spender tax everyone to death elitist scumbag liar. he is worse than any president in history. even carter!

jelee 07/19/2010 12:57pm

Thats true, at least you could honestly say that your not a Dime richer,
    But another day wiser, and I have never heard of anybody being harmed by more wisdom.

And the cost of getting this Wisdom and paying for it seems trivial,
    because the individual would have had a plan well before starting
    such an endeavor. "But then again, there are a few who would jump before looking, and there are a few who go by the old adage: If it ain’t free,its
    not for me !

n0bama4me 07/19/2010 2:24pm

you are ignorant. do you not see a possible issue with a unemployed person going to get a 4 year degree? do you not know that we may already be in debt. do you know how much college costs? it’s not so insane to say hey wait a minute… is it really worth it… especially when a clown named obama is in office destroying our economy and free enterprise every chance he gets? it wont matter if you have 4 degrees as long as obama and the socialists are destroying us. if you don’t have a job – i guess you can get the degree so you can stare at it when you mount it on your wall because your the only one going to see it and whom it will matter to. gosh ignorant people. see guys this is why our country is a mess so many ignorant people.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Filtered Comment [ show ]

BrokeInOhioPart2 07/19/2010 12:08pm

EB any type of training you do looks good on a resume. Even if you take some BS training coarse it look on your resume at least you are trying to better yourself. I am not sure how smart you are but LPN’s on in demand and it only take a year. Even if you are older, older woman and men are taking those. It would at least get you a desk job in a Dr. office or nursing home. You could go for free.

• sheaffer67 07/19/2010 9:00am

I see congress is throwing another 7.5 billion down the crapper.

• WAstateVETERAN 07/19/2010 1:08pm

That’s the link to the list for every state and how their rep’s. voted on the last extension vote. Doesn’t directly effect us expired people.
    Nelp sent it, in case you haven’t seen it. It also contains other percentages and things.

• HopefromCA 07/19/2010 5:54pm

WAstateVETERAN
    Have you considered the WIA program? Let me know if
    you are considering it because it may pay for your gas
    going to and from whatever school you choose from the list.
    You may have to wait for the next Tier to qualify.

WAstateVETERAN 07/20/2010 4:37am

HopefromCA- Well a hey, howdy to you!
    Awfully quite around here. Well, I asked the worksource people about school. They told me that one must first be actively receiving UI benefits to qualify. (I’ve no income since March). Except (recycling aluminum cans, and the occasional odd job).
    Which is ridiculous, because if one goes to school then I thought they didn’t qualify you as “seeking work”? Maybe you can explain it better. I knew someone that back in 1992 or so, their office for a major airline closed down in Seattle, and relocated. That person stayed and qualified for the “dislocated workers” program. They went back to school and got retrained, and gained new employment. And it was payed for by the work source office (UI office). I would actually love not to go back to work for someone in the construction trade. It is the lowest life forms one earth there. Good to here from you HOPE.:) Thank you for the suggestion.

• sassysally50 07/20/2010 4:28am

Michigan Father of 3 Commits Suicide Over No Unemployment Benefits

It is official, the US Senate Republican Party has blood on its hands!!!!!!!!!

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

shellcia 07/20/2010 5:04am

This was posted on another website: I found this comment in one of the Huff/Po articles, and thought it might help shed some light on who might be posting on this site.
    A friends daughter who is in college in Ca., told me recently she had been approached by a person from the GoP on campus to have her blog against the POTUS and whatever else they would ask her to blog negatively against. She did tell me that there was a list of many website/blogs that she would have to go to daily and blog about one topic or another that she would be getting info on via emails from people who will guide her through what to say and how to say it. She also told me that if she had done this, she would have to set up 15 different accounts on each website/blog to effectively add enough comments to drown out opposition. I know this girl, I watched her grow up for the past 9 years, I believe her."

Originally posted on huff/po by NorCalSurfer

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 07/20/2010 3:39pm

oh yeah only republican gop types lie are corrupt or setup fake accounts. liberal democrat socialists never do that right? rofl. your so full of sh-t its not even funny. of course as soon as i speak against your false lord obama im labled a gop right winger… rofl. well at least im not a nazi hypocrite socialist like you four specifically who keep posting here, then marking yourself +1 and me -1 rofl. im so hurt. you guys are so fake. then to come on here and say “i think i might know who is posting here” rofl! too much. you sound like a junior hitler youth!

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 07/21/2010 4:05pm

if you mean “we” as in the asses that are destroying this country, not helping those of us that are unemployed, taxing us to death, not securing our borders, enforcing the law, spending our money like crazy… i guess “you” did hit a nerve with most 90 percent of americans. not to worry tho, we will be cleaning house this november. that’s why ya’ll are scared.

FLarlene 07/21/2010 7:14am

Nobama, your rants get on the dendrites of my last nerve.
    Please consider playing on a busy highway.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 07/22/2010 3:35pm

hypocrites

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• sassysally50 07/20/2010 7:15am

ABC News Covered 99er’s this morning!

A must see for the 99er’s..Major network ABC coverage on us ..It’s a start