S.1749 - Cell Phone Contraband Act of 2009
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the possession or use of cell phones and similar wireless devices by Federal prisoners. view all titles (6)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Cell Phone Contraband Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Official: A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the possession or use of cell phones and similar wireless devices by Federal prisoners. as introduced.
- Short: Cell Phone Contraband Act of 2010 as reported to senate.
- Short: Cell Phone Contraband Act of 2010 as passed senate.
- Short: Cell Phone Contraband Act of 2010 as passed house.
- Short: Cell Phone Contraband Act of 2010 as enacted.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that support this bill:
- Telecommunications Telecommunications (close)
- Police & firefighters unions & associations Police & firefighters unions & associations (close)
Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups
|Name||Amount Received||Vote On Passage|
|Sen. Michael F. Bennet [D, CO]||$43,900|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$20,700|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$20,100|
|Sen. Ron Wyden [D, OR]||$16,300|
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$16,000|
|Sen. John McCain [R, AZ]||$14,250|
|Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA]||$13,000|
|Sen. Martin Heinrich [D, NM]||$12,200|
|Sen. Patrick J. Leahy [D, VT]||$11,250|
|Sen. Roger F. Wicker [R, MS]||$10,600|
|Rep. Michael E. Capuano [D, MA-7]||$42,180|
|Rep. Ed Perlmutter [D, CO-7]||$34,850|
|Rep. Lee Terry [R, NE-2]||$31,250|
|Rep. Steny H. Hoyer [D, MD-5]||$23,700|
|Rep. Diana DeGette [D, CO-1]||$20,591|
|Rep. James E. Clyburn [D, SC-6]||$16,800|
|Rep. Steve Israel [D, NY-3]||$15,900|
|Rep. William L. Owens [D, NY-21]||$15,000|
|Rep. Theodore E. Deutch [D, FL-21]||$15,000|
|Rep. Daniel B. Maffei [D, NY-24]||$13,400|
Specific Organizations Supporting S.1749
- International Union of Police Associations
- The International Association for Wireless Telecommunications
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.