S.21 - Prevention First Act
A bill to reduce unintended pregnancy, reduce abortions, and improve access to women's health care. view all titles (12)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to reduce unintended pregnancy, reduce abortions, and improve access to women's health care. as introduced.
- Popular: Prevention First Act as introduced.
- Short: Prevention First Act as introduced.
- Short: At-Risk Communities Teen Pregnancy Prevention Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Compassionate Assistance for Rape Emergencies Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Emergency Contraception Education Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Equity in Prescription Insurance and Contraceptive Coverage Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: Prevention Through Affordable Access Act as introduced.
- Short: Responsible Education About Life Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Title X Family Planning Services Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Truth in Contraception Act of 2009 as introduced.
- Short: Unintended Pregnancy Reduction Act of 2009 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that support this bill:
- Other physician specialists Other physician specialists (close)
- Health care services Health care services (close)
- Democratic/Liberal Democratic/Liberal (close)
- Women's issues Women's issues (close)
- Minority/Ethnic Groups Minority/Ethnic Groups (close)
- Environmental policy Environmental policy (close)
- Abortion policy/Pro-Choice Abortion policy/Pro-Choice (close)
- Churches, clergy & religious organizations Churches, clergy & religious organizations (close)
Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups
|Name||Amount Received||Vote On Passage|
|Sen. Michael F. Bennet [D, CO]||$1,371,134|
|Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA]||$664,406|
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$591,279|
|Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA]||$346,049|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$303,476|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$284,853|
|Sen. Christopher A. Coons [D, DE]||$205,350|
|Sen. Ron Wyden [D, OR]||$163,700|
|Sen. Richard Burr [R, NC]||$158,750|
|Sen. Richard Blumenthal [D, CT]||$148,799|
|Rep. William L. Owens [D, NY-21]||$316,659|
|Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. [D, NJ-6]||$225,760|
|Rep. Chellie Pingree [D, ME-1]||$205,950|
|Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz [D, PA-13]||$203,600|
|Rep. Tom Price [R, GA-6]||$184,191|
|Rep. Gary C. Peters [D, MI-14]||$175,899|
|Rep. Judy Chu [D, CA-27]||$172,841|
|Rep. Andy Harris [R, MD-1]||$166,000|
|Rep. Niki Tsongas [D, MA-3]||$136,660|
|Rep. Alan Grayson [D, FL-9]||$130,583|
Specific Organizations Supporting S.21
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Sierra Club
- American Public Health Association
- Child Welfare League of America
- Planned Parenthood
- National Organization for Women
- American Medical Student Association
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- National Abortion Federation
- Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations
- American Association of University Women
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- The National Coalition Against Censorship
- International Women's Health Coalition
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Washington Office
- Secular Coalition for America
- National Council of Jewish Women
- American Civil Liberties Union
- National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association
Interests that oppose this bill:
- Health, Education & Human Resources Health, Education & Human Resources (close)
- Christian Conservative Christian Conservative (close)
- Non-Profits Non-Profits (close)
Top recipients for ALL opposing interest groups
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$72,400|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$30,100|
|Sen. Ron Wyden [D, OR]||$25,750|
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$24,000|
|Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA]||$23,334|
|Sen. Michael F. Bennet [D, CO]||$20,318|
|Sen. Richard C. Shelby [R, AL]||$17,750|
|Sen. Chuck Grassley [R, IA]||$17,300|
|Sen. Debbie Stabenow [D, MI]||$17,200|
|Sen. Roy Blunt [R, MO]||$15,300|
|Rep. Henry A. Waxman [D, CA-33]||$19,000|
|Rep. Michael E. Capuano [D, MA-7]||$15,200|
|Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer [R, MO-3]||$14,600|
|Rep. Niki Tsongas [D, MA-3]||$11,600|
|Rep. Charles W. Dent [R, PA-15]||$10,850|
|Rep. Steve Israel [D, NY-3]||$10,050|
|Rep. Louise McIntosh Slaughter [D, NY-25]||$7,400|
|Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R, UT-3]||$7,200|
|Rep. Michele Bachmann [R, MN-6]||$7,200|
|Rep. Randy Neugebauer [R, TX-19]||$7,200|
Specific Organizations Opposing S.21
- Family Research Council
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- Concerned Women for America
- One Nation Under God
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.