S.3457 - Department of Energy National Security Act for Fiscal Year 2011
An original bill to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2011 for defense activities of the Department of Energy, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Official: An original bill to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2011 for defense activities of the Department of Energy, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Department of Energy National Security Act for Fiscal Year 2011 as introduced.
- Short: Department of Energy National Security Act for Fiscal Year 2011 as reported to senate.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 3
- Past Seven Days: 14
- All-Time: 4,570
Official Summary6/4/2010--Reported to Senate without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.) Department of Energy National Security Act for Fiscal Year 2011 - Division C: Department of Energy National Sec
Official Summary6/4/2010--Reported to Senate without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.) Department of Energy National Security Act for Fiscal Year 2011 - Division C: Department of Energy National Security Authorizations and Other Authorizations - Title XXXI [sic]: Department of Energy National Security Programs - Subtitle A: National Security Programs Authorizations -
(Sec. 3101)Authorizes appropriations for the Department of Energy (DOE) for FY2011 for activities of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) in carrying out programs necessary for national security, with specified allocations for new plant projects, defense environmental cleanup, and other defense activities. Subtitle B: Program Authorizations, Restrictions, and Limitations -
(Sec. 3111)Amends the National Nuclear Security Administration Act to require the NNSA Administrator to include with annual nuclear security budget materials an assessment of whether such budget provides adequate funding for maintaining the DOE nuclear security complex and related programs and activities. Requires the Administrator, upon determining that such budget is inadequate for such purposes, to include an assessment of the risks and implications of the inadequate funding. Specifies six laboratories, plants, and test sites to be included within the nuclear security complex.
(Sec. 3112)Amends the Atomic Energy Defense Act to direct the Secretary of Energy (Secretary), every other year, to include in the assessment described above a plan for the modernization and refurbishment of the nuclear security complex.
(Sec. 3113)Directs the Secretary to submit annually to Congress a future-years defense environmental management plan, containing specified elements.
(Sec. 3114)Requires the Administrator to:
(1) establish a cost and schedule baseline for each nuclear stockpile life extension project of the NNSA; and
(2) submit such baseline to the defense and appropriations committees. Directs the Secretary to:
(1) establish such a baseline for defense-funded construction projects pursuant to a national security authorization; and
(2) submit such baseline to such committees. Requires the Secretary to:
(1) establish such a baseline for each defense environmental management project; and
(2) submit such baseline to such committees. Directs the Administrator or Secretary, as necessary, to notify such committees of:
(1) any project exceeding 125% of its cost baseline; or
(2) whether a project will be terminated or continued (with a required certification for continued projects).
(Sec. 3115)Authorizes the Administrator to obligate and expend any funds available to the NNSA for any fiscal year before 2012 to purchase or lease aircraft necessary to support the NNSA mission.
(Sec. 3116)Prohibits NNSA defense nuclear nonproliferation funds from being obligated or expended to establish a center of excellence in a country not a state of the former Soviet Union until 15 days after notification to the defense and appropriations committees.
(Sec. 3117)Extends through:
(1) FY2016 DOE authority to appoint certain scientific, engineering, and technical personnel;
(2) FY2015 DOE authority to enter into transactions to carry out certain research projects; and
(3) 2017 the authority for cooperation with the Russian Federation to increase accountability concerning nuclear materials protection, control, and accounting.
(Sec. 3120)Amends the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 to repeal a provision placing, for FY2010 only, the minor construction threshold for plant projects at $5 million.
(Sec. 3121)Amends the Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1998 to extend through FY2022 the deadline for the transfer of certain property to Los Alamos County, New Mexico, and held in trust for the Pueblo of San Ildefonso. Subtitle C: Other Matters -
(Sec. 3131)Authorizes the Secretary to establish a program to permit the establishment of energy parks (areas for the development of energy technologies) on former defense nuclear facilities. Requires a program implementation report from the Secretary to the defense committees.
(Sec. 3132)Reclassifies certain FY2009 and FY2010 NNSA Weapons Activities appropriations. Title XXXII: Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board -
(Sec. 3201)Authorizes appropriations for FY2011 for the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board. Title XXXIII: Maritime Administration -
(Sec. 3301)Revises generally provisions concerning the establishment and authorization of appropriations for the Maritime Administration. Provides funding amounts for DOE national security programs.
...Read the Rest