S.3981 - Unemployment Insurance Stabilization Act of 2010

A bill to provide for a temporary extension of unemployment insurance provisions. view all titles (6)

• Popular: USA Act as introduced.
  • Official: A bill to provide for a temporary extension of unemployment insurance provisions. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Insurance Stabilization Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Insurance Stabilization Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: USA Act as introduced.

• codemoney 11/30/2010 1:07pm

This will give stability to those who haven’t yet reached 99 weeks. I know it doesn’t do anything for the 99ers though.

• Abaratarrr 11/30/2010 3:28pm

This bill extends the existing tiers through 1-3-12 there are no additional weeks for the 99ers in this bill. unanimous consent was not reached today the bill is in limbo until Harry Reid brings up the bill under normal procedures,

• bphillips 12/01/2010 7:46am

The worse thing they can do to the ECONOMY right now is strip what little the unemployed get away. We take every penny and spend it to survive, they’ve taken that away. Now people will become desperate to just survive. Crimes will soar- just to feed their kids. Stupidest thing I’ve ever seen- pretty soon people are going to revolt against Congress- the poor. Sounds like a different country than America. wowwwww.

• jason_osborn 12/01/2010 5:24pm

My family and I are following all the unemployment news very closely. I am 1 of 800,000 in California to lose my extensions,(even before I get it). I am offically done with my first 99 weeks last Monday. Only to find out that I missed the deadline by a matter of days. Things were tough on unemployment, we were in no way living good,but we did survive. Every bill was an arraingment, I got to know must Debtors pretty well. They all knew I was on unemployment, working around my 2 checks a month.I would gladly go to work and worry about this issue from the outside. I DIDN’T CHOOSE TO BE UNEMPLOYED AND DEPENDENT ON MY COUNTRY. I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR MY COUNTRY, DIE FOR IT!!!!! WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE MY COUNTRY DOESN’T EVEN GIVE OUR WELL BEING- SURVIVAL A SECOND THOUGHT? MY FAMILY ( GENERATIONS OF OSBORNS ) HAVE FOUGHT AND SPILT BLOOD FOR THIS COUNTRY.THIS IS WHAT WE GET IN RETURN? ISN’T TAKING ALL MY SOCIAL SECURITY AWAY ENOUGH. WHAT NEXT MY OLDEST SON?

jimmyclubhouse 12/02/2010 12:07am

You already went thru all your extentions if you’ve reached week 99.Sorry about that guy,but at least you went up to 99,I’m on the the last week of my state UI,26 weeks,and I am getting cut off at the knees there,at least you got the whole 99.

jason_osborn 12/02/2010 10:05am

It was a typo. I have just finished my 26th original week. I haven’t even got 1 extension yet.

jimmyclubhouse 12/02/2010 4:39pm

Okay sorry about that.

jimmyclubhouse 12/02/2010 4:40pm

me either…..lol

kcluvsky 12/10/2010 3:19am

I have a question, maybe you all can help. I lost my job in early August & started collecting unemployment since the end of August, so I haven’t exhausted my first 24 weeks of unemployment from my former employer yet, but it’s quickly approaching. I keep hearing about this 99 weeks of unemployment, but does that pertain to me? Will I get any sort of extension? I’ve been in the workforce for the past 30 years so this is all new to me.
    I wish you all the best & HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of you!
    <3 HUGS <3

dls52174 12/10/2010 8:34am

Sadly, unless they pass a new extension, your benefits will run out when your initial weeks are over. I am in a similar situation, although I am in the first tier beyond regular benefits. My last check came today. The only other possible alternative is depending on what state you live in. I have read that Connecticut has their own extended benefits in place, but I do not live there and am not familiar with it. I know in Illinois, we are S.O.L. I have been diligently searching for a job since January of this year when I got laid off and so far I have only had about 3 interviews and barely any phone calls in response. The market is tough right now unfortunately. I wish you well.

praulski 12/12/2010 4:27pm

Me too…. my 6 months is up and now what???

• jimmyclubhouse 12/02/2010 12:12am

Oh,I’ve been watching very closely also.Just hope my heroes there in Washington get a laugh by throwing me under the bus along with the other 2 million that are going with me this month.WOW,that’s a big bus.Merry Christmas,Congress,God bless you all(NOT)!!!!

• Nodlee87 12/06/2010 2:58am

Although I want to see an extension for unemployment this bill does not create a Tier 5 which is greatly needed as well as this.

• dls52174 12/06/2010 7:07am

I am actually frightened at this point. I have desperately sought employment since the day I was laid off in January of this year. I live in a severely economically depressed area and have searched far and wide. My industry is at a standstill, most businesses in general are not hiring, and the ones that are keep telling me that I am overqualified. I believe if you possess the skills required to do a job, then the only remaining qualification is the desire to do the job. I don’t care what I have to do for work. I just want to work. If this does not pass, my family will be homeless within weeks. And I will have exhausted my last week of Tier 1 this week. Why do some get 99 and some of us get less than half of that? I have worked and paid my taxes and my own way for 23 years. I guess I should have saved myself the trouble and been a welfare recipient. Or perhaps I can change my citizenship to Mexico so I can come back and get free health insurance for my family.

• lonnienyssa 12/09/2010 7:07am

I have to say just one thing here…. to approve 99 weeks is all good and to add more to that is good but what about adding funds the adding weeks is no good when there are no funds added to those weeks I have been cut off state estended benefits tier 2 my last check was 2 weeks ago. i am able to file on cubline till May 2011. but what is the use there is no money in my account. it says exhausted?? What’s the point anymore i am a single mother of 4 how do you tell them there is no christmas or even a home by the end of the month???

• kcluvsky 12/10/2010 3:25am

I think if they had 99 weeks passed, then EVERYONE should get 99 weeks regardless of what “tier” (which I do not understand what these tiers are anyway) you’re in.
    I wish you the best. It’s sad…..every one is taking pay cuts (I took a 5% paycut 1 1/2 years ago before I lost my job), but why isn’t the Congress, Senate, NBA, NFL, The President, etc…………..why aren’t THEY taking pay cuts? And what about all these executives of major corporations that own jets, multiple cars, houses, etc………why aren’t THEY taking pay cuts instead of taking a bailout? That was the worse thing our government did. We pay the NFL, NBA, etc more than we pay those in the armed forces that are overseas DIEING for our country, and we don’t pay them SQUAT!!!!!!!!!
    And TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH???? P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!! They should pay MORE!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!