S.909 - Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act

A bill to provide Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes to prosecute hate crimes, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)

• Official: A bill to provide Federal assistance to States, local jurisdictions, and Indian tribes to prosecute hate crimes, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act as introduced.
  • Short: Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act as introduced.

fisherman 07/17/2009 9:12am

Read and watch the video:

• driman03 07/16/2009 4:22pm

you’re exactly right. I don’t understand what everyone’s problem is.

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 7:43pm

To pastor acqtrplr, I guess because your a pastor and all we are all just to say “well pastor moron said the bill will will keep him from preaching the good word about the homosexuals… so I guess it must be true” I don’t know who is dumber, you or the mindless sheep that attend your personal hate sessions, oh I mean … church. I’m not sure what book you preach out of… given that you clealy can’t read, in that if you could you would know that this bill in no way infringes on your right to preach stupidity… I mean the bible.

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 7:57pm

I hate to break the news to many of you…. Jesus Christ himself wouldn’t be a member of many of your church’s under the leadership many of you have. I taught high school biology in a catholic school for three years and laughed at the fact that we would have suspended Christ himself for long hair.

driman03 07/17/2009 6:46am

I totally agree. If you read the book of John, or really any of the gospels, look at the people who Jesus hung out with and then look at those who despised Him and wanted Him dead. Who was He constantly calling out and rebuking? He hung out with those people who were despised by the religious community, those who were called sinners and rejects to society. He called many of the religious leaders serpents and sons of the devil.

So to put it in today’s prospective, who would He be standing up for in this case?

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 8:14pm

Thank you cosmic dave, I applaud you for being able to stand up for what is right and that doesn’t mean that you agree with the bill, but for just standing up and stating the truth. I will state to you that I do not hate christians at all, but I do detest those who claim to be something and turn right around and purposely spread a lie about the GLBT community to win their point. I don’t mind debating the topics and merits of the bill with educated people who speak from the facts and not propaganda. For the rest of the idiots I don’t waste anytime stating the obvious about them…. they are uneducated trash and I will display to them exactly what they display to the gay community.

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 8:37pm

Here for pastor moron and brain dead sheep I copied and pasted section ten from the bill s. 909 itself for you to read. If you need help with that, call me and would be more than happy to read it for you. 1-800-eat-shit dumbass

SEC. 10. RULE OF CONSTRUCTION.
    For purposes of construing this Act and the amendments made by this Act the following shall apply:CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

(1) RELEVANT EVIDENCE- Courts may consider relevant evidence of speech, beliefs, or expressive conduct to the extent that such evidence is offered to prove an element of a charged offense or is otherwise admissible under the Federal Rules of Evidence. Nothing in this Act is intended to affect the existing rules of evidence.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 8:38pm

section ten cont’

(2) VIOLENT ACTS- This Act applies to violent acts motivated by actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability of a victim.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

(3) CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS- Nothing in this Act shall be construed to prohibit any constitutionally protected speech, expressive conduct or activities (regardless of whether compelled by, or central to, a system of religious belief), including the exercise of religion protected by the First Amendment and peaceful picketing or demonstration. The Constitution does not protect speech, conduct or activities consisting of planning for, conspiring to commit, or committing an act of violence.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 8:38pm

section ten cont’

10(4) FREE EXPRESSION- Nothing in this Act shall be construed to allow prosecution based solely upon an individual’s expression of racial, religious, political, or other beliefs or solely upon an individual’s membership in a group advocating or espousing such beliefs.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink

• krystaltgirl 07/16/2009 9:00pm

Many of you may not like my in your face tactics and i’m not sorry for that. Jesus may or may not agree with my life, but that’s up to him to decide and not you. What I do know to be true is that he would respect my willingness to be true to myself and my willingness to state the truth about things and point out the false prophets who claim to speak in his name. If I go to hell for being gay, then so be it, but many of you will be right there with me.. maybe we can share a room

fisherman 07/17/2009 9:08am

You’re totally right…… Can you and all people respect my willingness to state the truth (stated in the Bible which I believe in)that homosexuality is a sin?

TinaStorm 07/17/2009 12:09pm

I believe in the Bible too. I never found the word homosexuality in the Bible, and I read the KJV cover to cover. I don’t think God was so concerned with homosexuality as you are. Give it a rest. Have you spoken to Krystal? she probably has a response for you.

kimjones1 07/17/2009 1:21pm

Apparently you didn’t read it all. This is taken strait out of the KJV of the bible

Le 18:22
    Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

TinaStorm 07/17/2009 2:16pm

SO you live by the old law, are you Jewish, have you sold your sister or daughter as prescribed in the Old Testament?
    Do you kill your meat and eat it in the same day? Le 19:6
    It is an abomination to eat meat after the third day? Le 19:6
    Ye shal not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the blind, but shalt fear thy God. Le 19:13 (sounds like this bill to me)
    Thou shalt not hate they brother in thine heart. Le 19:17

TinaStorm 07/17/2009 2:22pm

DO you still have live animal sacrifices to attone for your sins? If so, PITA has something they want to say to you. Don’t forget Jesus said for us to die out to sin daily. Do you know how to do that, it is called prayer.

kimjones1 07/17/2009 7:26pm

read Romans 1 22 to 1 32. I left out 25 and 28-31 only because they would not post Ro 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools ,And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

TinaStorm 07/18/2009 3:02am

Kim, I never professed myself to be wise, you just did. But are you also saying my heart is dark? (Rom 1:21) I think my postings prove otherwise. I live by faith, knowing that I have a father in heaven who loves me before the foundation of the world; not my preachers ramblings and misinterpretations of the word of God. Isn’t it carnal man that keeps trying to create immages of God, statues and protraits to worship, even placing their religous leaders in a ‘God like’ light? Who is serving the creator and who is serving the image? What nature prescribes from one to another is not always equal. If it were, we would not have babies born to downs syndrome (trisome 21), blindness, mental retardation, etc. Each must go to God in prayer to find his or her natural order. Living by man’s moral majority laws have proven fruitless and foolish, man is not GOD.

TinaStorm 07/18/2009 3:03am

GOD SAID, “TO THINE SELF BE TRUE”

kimjones1 07/18/2009 7:09am

Tina I never said you were wise. quite the contrary I was showing you where the bible speaks of homosexuality of which you said did not exist. Then you went on to ask other question about the sex of God and angles and if I’m Jewish and you went to show that God was greeved because he made man. All responses were taken strait from the bible so that you did not missunderstand and think I was saying them (as apparently you did anyway). I appoligize if I hurt your feelings but as a christian I cannot let you spread falsehoods about the bible and place unanswered questions in people mind about God or angels. I am glad for you that people see you as a good person and devoted to church. However, being a good person and church member does not issue you a pass into the kindom of God. Having a personal relationship with Jesus and understanding his payment for sin on the cross and his resurection from the dead is the only way into heaven.

TinaStorm 07/18/2009 8:50pm

Kim, you never hurt my feelings. My skin is a little tougher than that. I really don’t need you telling me about the Bible, since i have read the word of God. Without hurting your feelings, you want to apply the old testament to the new world that just isn’t applicable. Like most right wing Christians, you want to change the world to meet your comfort level. It is far to easy to reject what is distastful to you when you do not understand. We still have 10 laws to live by called the ten commandments. When everyone can live by those laws, then maby we should all take a look at what other thing we could do to find favor in God’s sight. I don’t think I spread any falshoods about the Bible. My statement was, “the Bible said so little about -” Oh forget it, because you will just twist it up again. I have church in the morning, and I will be praying for you, that God will remove the blinders from your eyes and take away that deaf ear.

kimjones1 07/17/2009 7:53pm

and no Im not Jewish just a God fearing christian. Le 19 5 states that this is a sacrifice of peace offering. Jesus was the last sacrifce read
    John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. You are correct in one point Ge 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually(kinda like today). Ge 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. and after that the flood. Remember Jesus said Mt 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark ,Mt 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Looks like Jesus is coming soon

TinaStorm 07/18/2009 3:27am

On these things we can agree. I am a God fearing Christian also, though you may not believe me. I have read the Holy Bible from Genesis through Revelations, my former pastor even proclamed to the church that I was one of the most dedicated members of that Pentacostal church. Please, I am not trying to boast. I attended every service, worked in the church’s food pantry, sang with the praise team, and served as prayer warier. I was so much a part of that church, I carried the front door key, responsibe for opening the doors for Sunday morning svs. and the church’s message board.
    I have fasted and prayed for miricales to see them fulfilled. I am in prayer throughout most of each day, simply because when you take your eye off God, the devil will have found a way to you. I am who I am, and I make no excuses, but this bill we are debating has no real bearing on religious free speach, it only helps to prevent those who would attack Christians as well as all the others.

• fisherman 07/17/2009 9:10am

To all: in favor and against the bill.
    House Democrats refused to allow the insertion of language

“to exclude Pastors reading the Bible as not being a Hate Crime…the fact that it was voted down in Congress says explicitly what they’re after”

TinaStorm 07/17/2009 12:19pm

Pastors preaching the Bible is a great thing, as long as they don’t misrepresent the word of God. The Bible clearly states to ..rightly divide the word. And do you know what God said of those who knowingly mislead their congregation, the part about a hot part of hell. Man is tormented with the body, when God told us we would have a new body, after this life. Also, are the angels male or female? God himself told us he made us after his own image both male and female; did that mean God is both male and female? Try to learn, write this down.

kimjones1 07/17/2009 1:36pm

The purpose for male and female is for procreation. Angles are neither male or female because they dont procreate, and yes we are made in Gods image. The male was made in Gods image and the female was made in Gods image. God consist of the father son and holy spirit. Humans constist of body mind and spirit. And God is God he is not male or female because he doesn’t procreate either

TinaStorm 07/17/2009 2:31pm

How do you know all this, are you GOD? God said he suffered he ever created mankind. God dose not require us to procreate, he just encourages it. If it weren’t for gays and lesbians, we would all be very hungry for lack of space for fertile soil because of the population. These laws were prescribed to the children of Israle after their Exodus from Pharo’s rule. God knew that not all that fled were believers of the one God, but many of them served many gods, and as he said in the ten commandmants, I am a Jealous God…put no gods before me.. RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD, thanks for the history lesson, try again later.

kimjones1 07/17/2009 8:00pm

No I’m not God but I have read his word and as for your last point that God does not require us to procreate read Gen 1 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

I dont read and if you want to anywhere in that sentence

TinaStorm 07/18/2009 3:43am

Ways to be Fruitful:
    reprocriation of children,
    prepare fields for harvest,
    prepare home to meet family needs,
    plant a vinyard or an orchard,
    work to successful means

Ways to Multiply:
    Mathmatical equation used to multiply or increase in numbers:
    children, harvest, size, yield, money or monitary system

Ways to Replenish:
    Since the earth was a large garden this could mean to farm the land, or restock the animal kingdom.

Dominion:
    Domination over those things you have controll of.

Kim, do you wish to dominate this site, or the world.

• krystaltgirl 07/17/2009 10:56am

Fisherman…. The bible may or may not state that homosexuality is a sin, but that has no bearing what so ever on US law. You are free to believe whatever you want and I respect your right to believe that my life is a life of sin, but that doesn’t mean we have to pass laws that are based on your bibles beliefs. Notice i’m not asking you to become a homosexual, so don’t expect me to conform to your beliefs.

• krystaltgirl 07/17/2009 11:02am

fisherman… as to your wanting them to include a statement in the bill specifically mentioning pastors and their right to preach the bible…. it’s already in the bill…. i’m not making this up here is the direct statement from s 909

Send Your Senator a Letter