S.Res.14 - A resolution to provide funding for Senate staff transitions.view all titles (1)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A resolution to provide funding for Senate staff transitions. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 1,624
No Committees found for this Bill
Official Summary1/15/2009--Passed Senate without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.) Authorizes a salary continuation for up to 90 days to eligible staff members being treated as displaced staff members under Senate Resoluti
Official Summary1/15/2009--Passed Senate without amendment. (This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary of that version is repeated here.) Authorizes a salary continuation for up to 90 days to eligible staff members being treated as displaced staff members under Senate Resolution 458, 98th Congress (providing for the closing of the office of a Senator who dies or resigns), as amended by Senate Resolution 9, 103rd Congress. Defines "eligible staff member" as an individual:
(1) whose pay is disbursed by the Secretary of the Senate and was an employee as of January 2, 2009; and
(2) who was an employee of a Senator who stood for an additional term for the office of Senator but the office is not filled at the commencement of that term. Permits such staff members, with the approval, direction, and supervision of the Secretary of the Senate, to perform limited duties such as archiving and transferring case files from January 2, 2009-February 4, 2009, unless they become otherwise employed. Authorizes the Secretary to hire two additional eligible staff members to perform such duties, during such period, subject to such condition. Requires such employees to be:
(1) treated also as displaced staff members, after the expiration of such period; and
(2) paid from the contingent fund of the Senate. Redefines "displaced staff member" to include an eligible staff member whose service as a Senate employee is terminated solely and directly as a result of a change of the individual occupying the position of Chairman or Ranking Minority Member of a subcommittee (currently, committee only), and who is certified as a "displaced staff member" by such individual to the Secretary of the Senate.
...Read the Rest