H.R.2417 - Better Use of Light Bulbs Act
To repeal certain amendments to the Energy Policy and Conservation Act with respect to lighting energy efficiency, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To repeal certain amendments to the Energy Policy and Conservation Act with respect to lighting energy efficiency, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Better Use of Light Bulbs Act as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 5
- Past Seven Days: 7
- All-Time: 6,037
Official Summary7/6/2011--Introduced.Better Use of Light Bulbs Act - Repeals provisions of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 concerning lighting energy efficiency, including provisions amending the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), that: (1) prescribe energy efficiency standards fo
Official Summary7/6/2011--Introduced.Better Use of Light Bulbs Act - Repeals provisions of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 concerning lighting energy efficiency, including provisions amending the Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA), that:
(1) prescribe energy efficiency standards for general service incandescent lamps, rough service lamps, and other designated lamps;
(2) direct the Secretary of Energy (DOE) to conduct and report to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) on an annual assessment of the market for general service lamps and compact fluorescent lamps;
(3) direct the Secretary to carry out a proactive national program of consumer awareness, information, and education about lamp labels and energy-efficient lighting choices;
(4) prohibit a manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or private labeler from distributing in commerce specified adapters for incandescent lamps;
(5) authorize the Secretary to carry out a lighting technology research and development program; and
(6) set forth minimum energy efficiency standards for incandescent reflector lamps. Provides that EPCA shall be applied and administered as if such provisions had not been enacted. Provides that:
(1) no federal, state, or local requirement or standard regarding energy efficient lighting shall be effective to the extent that the requirement or standard can be satisfied only by installing or using lamps containing mercury; and
(2) no state or local regulation concerning the energy efficiency or energy use of medium screw base general service incandescent lamps shall be effective.
...Read the Rest
Organizations Supporting H.R.2417
- Judicial Watch
- Freedom Action
- Americans for Tax Reform
Organizations Opposing H.R.2417
- Alliance to Save Energy
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- Natural Resources Defense Council
Latest Letters to Congress
H.R.2417 Better Use of Light Bulbs Act
August 02, 2011
I am writing as your constituent in the 2nd Congressional district of Hawaii. I support H.R.2417 - Better Use of Light Bulbs Act, and am tracking it using OpenCongress.org, the free public resource website for government transparency and accountability.
These new fangled light bulbs are very dangerous They are full of toxic substances such as mercury, just to mention one component for example, and they emit carcinogenic gasses and can cause headache and other neurological disorders when li...