H.R.2471 - Video Privacy Protection Act Amendments Act of 2012
To amend section 2710 of title 18, United States Code, to clarify that a video tape service provider may obtain a consumer's informed, written consent on an ongoing basis and that consent may be obtained through the Internet. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Video Privacy Protection Act Amendments Act of 2012 as reported to senate.
- Short: Electronic Communications Privacy Act Amendments Act of 2012 as reported to senate.
- Official: To amend section 2710 of title 18, United States Code, to clarify that a video tape service provider may obtain a consumer's informed, written consent on an ongoing basis and that consent may be obtained through the Internet. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
Interests that support this bill:
Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups
|Name||Amount Received||Vote On Passage|
|Rep. Anna G. Eshoo [D, CA-18]||$27,200||Aye|
|Rep. Zoe Lofgren [D, CA-19]||$25,400||Aye|
|Rep. John Conyers Jr. [D, MI-13]||$24,400||Aye|
|Rep. Bob Goodlatte [R, VA-6]||$16,500||Aye|
|Rep. James E. Clyburn [D, SC-6]||$14,936||Nay|
|Rep. Lee Terry [R, NE-2]||$12,000||Aye|
|Rep. Jerry McNerney [D, CA-9]||$10,900||Aye|
|Rep. Greg Walden [R, OR-2]||$10,500||Aye|
|Rep. Lamar Smith [R, TX-21]||$9,000||Aye|
|Rep. Eric Cantor [R, VA-7]||$8,000||Aye|
|Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA]||$40,450|
|Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]||$40,050|
|Sen. Charles E. Schumer [D, NY]||$38,900|
|Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]||$38,500|
|Sen. Ron Wyden [D, OR]||$33,600|
|Sen. Barbara Boxer [D, CA]||$29,690|
|Sen. Patrick J. Leahy [D, VT]||$25,400|
|Sen. John McCain [R, AZ]||$24,000|
|Sen. Rob Portman [R, OH]||$10,800|
|Sen. John Thune [R, SD]||$10,500|
Specific Organizations Supporting H.R.2471
- Center for Democracy and Technology
- Digital Media Association
Interests that oppose this bill:
Top recipients for ALL opposing interest groups
Specific Organizations Opposing H.R.2471
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
Campaign contribution data provided by OpenSecrets.org, the nonpartisan guide to money in politics. Contribution data is constantly being updated and this data may not be entirely up to date.