H.R.3 - No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act

To prohibit taxpayer funded abortions and to provide for conscience protections, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Short: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act as introduced.
  • Official: To prohibit taxpayer funded abortions and to provide for conscience protections, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act as reported to house.
  • Short: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act as passed house.

• Spam Comment

• Constitutionist 02/16/2011 2:42pm

All of you imbeciles who think this is a “woman’s” issue need to Google some abortion pictures. SERIOUSLY!! If you saw the gruesome reality of abortion as MURDER, I would hope that you people would have some more sense about this very immoral and dare I say illegal practice.

Here, I’ll even help you out a bit: http://www.google.com/images?q=abortion

MilaJosephine 02/23/2011 6:55pm

You are ignorant. Most of those pictures online are from psychotic anti-choice sites who use pictures of older fetuses to stir up emotions, when around 90% of abortions take place in the first trimester. About 1% of abortions occur after 24 weeks (viability) and these are wanted pregnancies that are terminated due to a risk to the mother’s life or a severe birth defect in which the fetus would not survive long after birth anyway. Regardless, abortions are a personal matter, a private decision, and it is not taken lightly. No woman activately wishes for an unplanned pregnancy just so she can take a fun trip to the abortion clinic and pay $500 out of her own pocket. It’s a really tough decision to make for the majority of women and to think that YOU should have an opinion about it is revolting.

badams82 03/03/2011 4:51pm

To believe or even imply that it is not a woman’s issues is absolutely ridiculous! Who carries the child in the uterus? The woman. Who gives birth? The woman does. Whose, life can be at risk if they carry the child to term? The woman’s life. Some women have to endure high-risk pregnancies. Pay attention to the word WOMAN. Women go through these scenarios NOT, MEN IN SUITS WHO THINK THEY CAN DECIDE WHAT WOMEN SHOULD AND SHOULD NOT DO.It has everything to do with a woman.Until,the day comes when a man can carry a child to term and give birth then this will continue to be a woman’s matter.

badams82 03/03/2011 4:52pm

Now from a religious stand. God is the only judge and we shall answer to him for our sins right? Thus, if a woman decides to terminate her pregnancy for whatever, reason then She will answer to God if she believes in God. She should not answer to you, to me or to congress. This is one of the most private matters that a woman encounters in HER LIFE.

Also, Wyoming just revolted against an absurd social agenda and I’m glad to see that some Republicans understand that, the government has no business meddling in private issues between a woman and her physician.

jegan 05/04/2011 11:18pm

The government has every right to be involved in which programs receive tax payer funding.

kindrapring 05/18/2011 4:43pm

Too made none of those abortion pictures depict common abortions – otherwise you would find a lot more than the same 10 that float around. Those all depict late trimester, probably back-alley style abortions, if they’re real at all (a lot of them are 100% fake). They’re fabricated by pro-life nutjobs to try and scare you into thinking it’s this horrible thing because they know they have no LOGIC to back themselves up.

• MilaJosephine 02/23/2011 6:47pm

CURRENT FEDERAL FUNDING THAT GOES TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD DOES NOT CURRENTLY INCLUDE ABORTION COVERAGE! They are prohibited by Title X to use federal funding for abortions. They have a separate fund with private donations that cover abortions for women whose insurance will not cover and/or who cannot afford the procedure. Being personally opposed to abortion is fine, not wanting your tax dollars to pay for abortions is fine (even though I would rather them go toward abortion coverage than expanded welfare/WIC programs) but taxpayer money doesn’t fund PP abortions now. Federal funding goes toward preventative screening like PAP smears, HIV testing, birth control for low-income women who can’t afford it. PP PREVENTS more abortions than any anti-choice man or organization ever will.This bill only intends to strip women of basic health care and if passed it will cause more illegal, botched abortions, more children born into poverty and crime, more death and disease. It is purely anti-woman.

jegan 05/04/2011 11:22pm

Forgive my ignorance but I just started reading up on this bill myself a little bit ago so I am not intimately familiar with all the details. Do you mean to say from your comment above that PP would not receive any government funding for abortions even if they are due to rape/incest or could cause medical complications for the mother?

• MilaJosephine 02/23/2011 7:19pm

Thankfully this bill is just political garbage to gain points with the religious right because it will certainly be vetoed by Obama if it even passes the Senate. But it’s a good reminder that the Republicans’ only agenda is faking moral superiority whilst making sure the poor get poorer and the rich get their tax cuts – while claiming to be about job creation.

• therebeunicorns 03/01/2011 4:20am

First off, I am a woman, I am not Christian and I am not a Republican. I am actually a Satanist and somewhat of a Libertarian. I am a teenager, so have no ‘old-time’ values. So you can take your preconceived notions about anti-abortionists and throw them out. But I am very against abortion because life begins at conception…a human life, not a fetus life. There’s no such thing as a seperate species of humans called fetuses! They are people who are not finished growing, babies with souls! If a woman gets pregnant, that’s her problem. Not the babies problem, and she should pay for it herself if she really wants to be so murderous as to get an abortion. No thing as evil as abortion should be funded. I don’t see how in the world a woman ‘suffers’ being pregnant. I think the baby is the one suffering, having to live inside someone so stupid as to get pregnant if she doesn’t want to raise a child.

navigation74 03/22/2011 12:54pm

Are you pro-death penalty? Are you okay with turning off breathing machines for people who are medically “brain dead”?

MilaJosephine 03/23/2011 7:04pm

therebeunicorns, in referencing the idealized 1950’s, I was referring to the old, white, rich men who benefited the most from the time period – the same ones who are pushing for legislation that restricts womens’ family planning.

MilaJosephine 03/23/2011 7:04pm

Also, as I’ve previously stated, most women do have to pay for their own abortions and the ones that can’t come up with the money are supplemented through private donations, not taxpayer money. It’s shameful to hear you talk about women who get abortions as being stupid and slutty when the majority of women who have abortions are already mothers. Many are married and monogamous, many are results of those birth control failure statistics. Regardless, it’s not a decision that any woman goes into with joy and it’s also none of your business. Women who get abortions would rather the pregnancy not have occurred in the first place, but there are so many circumstances and gray areas. You just choose to ignore them and unfairly tag all women who have abortions as murderous monsters. It’s not that simple and please realize you probably know someone who has had one and you don’t think any less of them because you have no idea.

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 2:25am

You said “If a woman gets pregnant, that’s her problem.” and “I don’t see how in the world a woman ‘suffers’ being pregnant.”
    I was raped and conceived as a result. How exactly was this my problem? Andd how is forcing me to carry the child not suffering?

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 2:25am

• therebeunicorns 03/01/2011 4:23am

Also, it is not the babies fault if a woman gets raped! It’s the rapists fault. The woman should take revenge against the rapist and kill or jail HIM, not kill the child inisde of her who didn’t do anything but get concieved.

MilaJosephine 03/23/2011 7:18pm

I would never in a million years carry a rapist’s baby to term. It would be difficult to get through the 24-hour waiting period before termination. That’s my choice, and you have yours.

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 2:31am

Hi! I agree with you on just about everything.
    I was raped. I conceived a child as a result. The law allowed me to choose how I wanted to handle one of the worst moments in my life. I was not forced to abort. I was not forced to carry the child and give birth. I was not forced to raise the child. I was not forced to give it up for adoption.
    I got to make the best choice for me.
    AND THAT IS WHAT I FIGHT FOR!

I have no problem with the Hyde. But the macho, male, right wing, religious, republican control freaks want to take that choice away from us. That is what all these pro-life/anti abortion bills are about. Chipping away at abortion until they erradicate it.

navigation74 05/06/2011 4:19pm

So you’re pro-life for fetuses but you don’t believe in due process for sentient humant beings.

Typical sentiments from a “pro-lifer”.

AlphaFemale1968 05/08/2011 9:38pm

navigation74- Who are you speaking to?

• therebeunicorns 03/01/2011 4:36am

I apologize for posting so much, last post, but issues on abortion get me worked up. I know what it feels like to suffer after being sexually abused. My uncle abused me when I was eleven for awhile, and even talked about raping me! I suffered, and I didn’t tell anyone, blah blah blah…but you know what? I would still NEVER have gotten an abortion even if he did get me pregnant (not that it was possible at that age)…because I would have been proud to bring a child into this world, his child or not. And I would have loved my child from conception. Don’t get me wrong, I despise my uncle. If he wasn’t in jail right now for doing the same thing to another child, I would gladly have hunted him down and killed him by now. But my child, his DNA or not, would have nothing to do with him. My child would be his or her own soul.

MilaJosephine 03/23/2011 6:47pm

YOU would never have gotten an abortion if raped. If I were raped, I couldn’t get to the abortion clinic fast enough. The problem isn’t with you being personally opposed to abortion, the problem is you think YOUR opinion about the embryo or fetus in question trumps the rights of the legally recognized person carrying it (the woman) by saying she should be forced to gestate and give birth to a child she does not want. It’s wrong to make decisions for everyone based on YOUR morality. Plus I don’t see how you cannot see the hypocrisy of saying you would kill your uncle and then say it’s so wrong to kill.

SEC2AUX 04/13/2011 11:51am

Hey Mila: I take an extremely hard line on this issue, but I concede to this qualification. I don’t blame you at ALL. Given the same circumstances, I would do the same thing in a millisecond. Take care.

• crjr3c0n 03/03/2011 4:21am

this is wrong what if you get it stuck in bum and you dident want it

• spalmer8 03/05/2011 5:28pm

I believe life begins at conception, I am a Christian, I am a mom and yes I am Pro-Choice! The woman’s life and the life of the fetus are combined and this type of legislation opens a bad can of worms. Why do Republicans and Tea Party Members think they can control a woman’s body and yet make the claim against the Health Care bill saying governement is too intrusive? You can’t have it both ways. Republicans want to eliminate almost all education, nutritional and health care programs to women and children and then want to force women to carry out pregnancies even if it is detrimental to the women’s health or the woman is unable to care for the child. They don’t offer any solutions to ensure a quality life for these children they are forcing into the world. Absolutely no forethought here. Woman will be forced back into the dark ages. Shoot this bill down!

badams82 03/06/2011 11:51am

Ditto!! As, a mother, a practicing Christian and a person who truly values education I respect and agree with your view. Thanks for speaking up.

bdg333 04/09/2011 2:02pm

You misrepresent what the republicans want. What we wish to do is to define that abortion is the same as murder, and protect the civil rights to children yet to be born.

You do not have the right to health care, because otherwise someone would have to provide to you regardless of whether or not they want to. Government should not control that sector of the economy.

Also, no, they want to replace the education that is basically anti-abstincance, and more about how to do it and how to protect themselves, and replace it with a pro-abstinence message and what negative consequences can occur with sex.

Also, no, most republicans are okay with abortion to save the mother’s life.

smstark2008 04/18/2011 2:56pm

Define abortion as murder? Then what are the republicans going to do to the women that are so grossly negligent when they are pregnent and it results in the death of their unborn fetus or a misscarriage. Are the republicans going to start prosicuting them as murderers?

And “you do not have the right to health care”?! The cost of health care is so high because there is not national healthcare. The people who dont have health care still need to be treated and our government made it illegal for hospitals to turn sick and injured people away when they dont have health insurance so the hospitals pass on the bill to those who can pay for it. Give me a break even Cuba has a national health system!

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 2:34am

Abortion to save a womans life- acceptable.
    Abortion in the case of incest or rape-unacceptable.
    I’m not sure how many ways there are to spell moron.