H.R.3 - No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act

To prohibit taxpayer funded abortions and to provide for conscience protections, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Short: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act as introduced.
  • Official: To prohibit taxpayer funded abortions and to provide for conscience protections, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act as reported to house.
  • Short: No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act as passed house.

fakk2 02/01/2011 11:19am
in reply to Mophatt Feb 01, 2011 5:39am

Mophatt, I never quite thought about it that way. What an intriguing idea. I mean, yes, abortion is a VERY personal matter, but so are property rights, and the federal government doesn’t pay the expenses of me being robbed, that’s why I have insurance, because if I didn’t, no one would reimburse me for my property. And a woman’s body is her property. VERY intriguing idea indeed.

Spam Comment

mmstahlecker 02/03/2011 6:51am

Our Constitution guarantees the right to life. Period. The recent uncovering of illegal activity at Planned Parenthood in both New Jersey and Virginia demands a full investigation and immediate suspension of all Federal funding. Sex trafficking is a major problem worldwide and right here in the U.S., and Planned Parenthood is a willing accomplice.

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

abubba 02/12/2011 3:54pm

“48,589,993 babies just in the us have been killed since 1973. compared to 655,000 soldiers to die in all the us wars since 1776”(http://www.loveforthetruth.com/2009/03/22/war-vs-abortion/)

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

SEC2AUX 04/13/2011 11:51am
in reply to therebeunicorns Mar 01, 2011 4:36am

Hey Mila: I take an extremely hard line on this issue, but I concede to this qualification. I don’t blame you at ALL. Given the same circumstances, I would do the same thing in a millisecond. Take care.

bdg333 04/09/2011 2:02pm
in reply to spalmer8 Mar 05, 2011 5:28pm

You misrepresent what the republicans want. What we wish to do is to define that abortion is the same as murder, and protect the civil rights to children yet to be born.

You do not have the right to health care, because otherwise someone would have to provide to you regardless of whether or not they want to. Government should not control that sector of the economy.

Also, no, they want to replace the education that is basically anti-abstincance, and more about how to do it and how to protect themselves, and replace it with a pro-abstinence message and what negative consequences can occur with sex.

Also, no, most republicans are okay with abortion to save the mother’s life.

therebeunicorns 03/01/2011 4:36am

I apologize for posting so much, last post, but issues on abortion get me worked up. I know what it feels like to suffer after being sexually abused. My uncle abused me when I was eleven for awhile, and even talked about raping me! I suffered, and I didn’t tell anyone, blah blah blah…but you know what? I would still NEVER have gotten an abortion even if he did get me pregnant (not that it was possible at that age)…because I would have been proud to bring a child into this world, his child or not. And I would have loved my child from conception. Don’t get me wrong, I despise my uncle. If he wasn’t in jail right now for doing the same thing to another child, I would gladly have hunted him down and killed him by now. But my child, his DNA or not, would have nothing to do with him. My child would be his or her own soul.

kylher12 01/30/2011 5:22pm
in reply to filiasilvae Jan 29, 2011 10:25am

Can’t the mother give the child up for adoption? Your assumption that the child will be abused is ridicules. There are thousands of parents looking to adopt. This new life the woman is carrying inside her could bring new joy to a family. Also, having an abortion after rape doesn’t solve anything. Abortion increase the chances of depression and suicide. The only true way to come through a rape situation stronger is by having the child. Give the child up for adoption or keep the child, but killing the child, the new LIFE, doesn’t solve anything.

tonyjones 03/21/2011 5:23pm
in reply to thepeach Feb 25, 2011 11:44am

The military and war is not a decision made by a private citizen to benefit, excuse, etc. themselves. What would be more comparable is cosmetic surgery that an individual would want and we the tax payer would have to pick up. Abortion is between the woman and her doctor. If you want an abortion, much like you might want 44DD’s, it is yours to fund, not mine.

I see not reason why anyone could make a distinction of something that benefits us all (military that is meant to keep our homeland safe) to woman wanting to kill her child for self serving reasons and ask others to pick up the tab.

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 1:58am
in reply to kylher12 Jan 30, 2011 5:22pm

kylher12. First off your SN gives it all away (Kill her 12). Second, if you have neve been the victim of a sexual assault and have never conceived a child as a result of that assault KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. To insinuate that FORCING a woman to carry a child conceived via rape and that it would be good for her is insulting, uneducated and ridiculous. You are a disgrace to the human race.

rpg 05/06/2011 2:21am

By eliminating, conditionally, a deduction, this bill is actually a tax increase. I didn’t expect the House to pass a tax increase.

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 2:25am
in reply to therebeunicorns Mar 01, 2011 4:20am

You said “If a woman gets pregnant, that’s her problem.” and “I don’t see how in the world a woman ‘suffers’ being pregnant.”
I was raped and conceived as a result. How exactly was this my problem? Andd how is forcing me to carry the child not suffering?

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 2:31am
in reply to MilaJosephine Mar 23, 2011 7:18pm

Hi! I agree with you on just about everything.
I was raped. I conceived a child as a result. The law allowed me to choose how I wanted to handle one of the worst moments in my life. I was not forced to abort. I was not forced to carry the child and give birth. I was not forced to raise the child. I was not forced to give it up for adoption.
I got to make the best choice for me.
AND THAT IS WHAT I FIGHT FOR!

I have no problem with the Hyde. But the macho, male, right wing, religious, republican control freaks want to take that choice away from us. That is what all these pro-life/anti abortion bills are about. Chipping away at abortion until they erradicate it.

navigation74 05/06/2011 4:19pm
in reply to therebeunicorns Mar 01, 2011 4:23am

So you’re pro-life for fetuses but you don’t believe in due process for sentient humant beings.

Typical sentiments from a “pro-lifer”.

AlphaFemale1968 05/06/2011 1:39am
in reply to olaler Feb 24, 2011 7:26am

Give me the scientific journal that says “life begins at conception.” Otherwise shut up.

AlphaFemale1968 05/08/2011 9:38pm
in reply to navigation74 May 06, 2011 4:19pm

navigation74- Who are you speaking to?

navigation74 05/06/2011 4:10pm
in reply to bdg333 Apr 09, 2011 1:36pm

You really expect people to abstain? This isn’t just about some single woman who decided to have a one-night stand. This is about women who are married, and use PP as their provider for abortions.

As for forced abortion, if you can force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term then we are only one step away from forcing women to have an abortion. The law works both ways you know.

People may have jobs but not everyone is in a position to afford $30 worth of birth control pills. Namely women.

I’m also pretty sure you’re not correct on abstinence-only education. I’m in Texas and we have the largest abstinence-only education in public schools in the country. We also have the highest teen pregnancy rate too. Do the math.

bdg333 04/09/2011 1:29pm
in reply to thepeach Feb 25, 2011 11:47am

I believe that a developing human is an actual person is so at conception. This is why.

At the moment before birth, I hope you have no doubt that the child is an actual person, simply because it is now able to survive on its own (Someone tried to claim that babies can’t feed themselves, so the arguement does not count, and I say, “Are disabled people not actual people?”) The only difference for the child is the location of it. (In woman’s body versus Outside woman’s body) but this does not change the quality that it is an actual person.

Then I use a second arguement. The notion that a child is an actual person at one moment implicates that the child is an actual person a moment before, unless a significant event occured.

Between birth and conception, there exist no significant events. From my two points, you would come to conclusion that the child is a human being at all times during pregnancy.

Spam Comment

Shoachi 02/10/2012 10:58am

I looked up who got paid money on this. Why in the world are our congress men and women getting money for their vote? We the people already pay them with our taxes so why in the world are they getting money from business? They are suppose to work for us. Disgraceful on all parties.

TrixieTrueheart 02/10/2012 11:51am
in reply to fakk2 Jan 28, 2011 4:13pm

Federal funds aren’t being used for abortions and haven’t been in over 30 years. This bill is pointless.

Spam Comment

AlphaFemale1968 05/08/2011 9:43pm

kindraping- so its okay for businesses to chose what kind of health insurance they offer to employees- let me ask you this… most of the time the employee is required to contribute to the cost of that health insurance. So, why shoudln’t the employees have a say is what kind of insurance they can have.
This is all about republican rhetoric. Save big business, save corporations and in return attack personal freedoms.

allyReport101 11/07/2011 5:16am

The issue hear is not whether abortion is right or wrong, the issue is; Should stolen money be used to kill the unborn>? Im an atheist, but I respect everyone’s right to believe in what ever they want to, our christian neighbors believe abortion is murdering a unborn child, by not supporting this bill you are affectively telling these people, money they earned will be taken by force and used to fund what is to them a mortal sin_ I do not advocate governmental violence against those that wish to abort their own children, but I do ask for you to pay for it yourself, stop advocating violence against me to pay for your mistakes_

jegan 05/04/2011 11:18pm
in reply to badams82 Mar 03, 2011 4:52pm

The government has every right to be involved in which programs receive tax payer funding.

Spam Comment