H.R.308 - Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act

To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Official: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act as introduced.

• SignOfTheDollar 05/06/2011 2:05pm

McCarthy is the post child for the phrase, “Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants”.

• adrianazagreb1 05/10/2011 2:02pm

Guns have put the United States in constant danger and large capacity ammunition feeding devices are regularly used. In my opinion, H.R. 308 is needed. I am currently residing in the Middle East and it is a shame that the streets here in Jordan are safer than those in California, my home state. Large capacity ammunition feeding devices have gotten out of hand and are used too frequently. However, this act is an opportunity to prevent the growing number of fatalities that occur daily throughout the United States. I completely support it!

• faheem2774 05/23/2011 10:38am

This bill is needed because of the many unfortunate mishaps which occur in our country each year. This is not about restriction – the second amendment was not written to allow people to have unlimited access to firearms. The Framers (read the Federalist Papers) stated that the reason for including this amendment was due to the PA Constitution and allowed for males to have guns to allow for no standing army and a citizen militia which could also provide both national and domestic (cops) security.

No one is taking any guns – but ironically the same people who wish not to have this right always remove other rights – and act as if this is the only right that the Constitution provides. WE THE PEOPLE also regulate milk to avoid contamination, poultry to ensure no deadly viruses, create safe roads, provide for adequate housing – so guns – weapons and ammo – can and must be regulated. Start with this bill, and let us move forward

• faheem2774 05/23/2011 10:42am

Since they would need to reload after ten bullets the process of reloading would require two hands so the moment in this action the armed individual cannot fire.

• DWSOrum 05/31/2011 5:58pm

I see no reason for any ban on “ammunition feeding devices” as a whole or in part, regardless of capacity. Any restrictions that are imposed on the LAW ABIDING CITIZENS will NEVER pertain to the criminal elements within society. Making laws that make something criminal to possess, then only criminals will possess them. Leaving the aforementioned law abiding citizen less able to defend themselves, their loved ones, their property, and their livelihood.

Not to mention…How could this bill ever be enforced? It just means that the selling and trading of these items will be done under the table and the government will subsequently loose the added benefit of the taxes collected on the selling of these items on the open market.

What if I sell my weapon? Does that mean I can not sell the magazines to the buyer as well? Do I have to now own them forever?

This bill should, at the MOST, be a state level bill. Trying to redo a failed law is a waste to the taxpayers.

• sunflowery 07/03/2011 11:10pm

Correct. Less people would have died on the LIRR attack, like Senator and Registered Nurse Carolyn McCarthy’s husband. Maybe her son would not have been injured as well. 31 bullets in 14 seconds kill more people faster.

• roadkill68 07/12/2011 1:53am

Everyone keeps saying how fast they can change mags, but what about people with disabilities like myself.I also have the right to defend myself.Evan though i can change my mag, i can’t do it with the speed as a normal person.With that said it means with a bigger mag i dont have to change mags.No one carries 30 rounds in a pistal anyway but the more the better.Whats the differance between hav’ing a 30 round mag as to carrying 3 10 round mags.I’f you can change mags so fast,would be the same i think.HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• visera01 11/14/2011 6:34pm

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.” this is a second amendment issue you can not make common sense a law this 2nd amendment was put in place for LAW ABIDING citizen to have and keep arms that were on par with the military has we are the best defense for this country congress has no right to say how much ammo we can have in our weapons at one time

• mattyboy82582 12/16/2011 9:14am

(1)If it is reasonable for a former Law Enforcement Officer to own a “large capacity ammunition feeding device” upon his/her
    retirement, how do you justify denying an equal right to Citizens who chose a path other than Law Enforcement?
    (a)I spent more than 4 years in the U.S. Army’s Infantry and have more firearms training than your average Law Enforcement retiree. I have lived by an equally high moral code.
    (b)If your rationale for justifying a ban on these items is that they are for the purpose of “Assaulting” rather than “Defending”, It should not matter what Citizen is committing the “Assault”. And equally, if you believe the item would be used for “Defense” purposes only by Law Enforcement retirees, do I not have the same inherent right to defend myself and my family?

MayorofAngryTown 02/29/2012 10:21pm

Is this bill denying your inherent right to defend yourself?
    It’s simply modifying the means in which you do so. The same way the Government modifies the way in which you can safely perform your job or drive to work. Once again there is no law that I am aware of that limits the amount of magazines or ammunition you can have.

Usually law enforcement AND military are exempt from certain laws pertaining to firearms and related items due to the experience they have with them.

To be honest as a former law enforcement officer I would never carry these ridiculous magazines because they are made third party where reliability becomes a factor. I know a magazine is hard to mess up but your true concern should be with actually dispensing the rounds you have, not how many you can potentially dispense.

• subxero 12/24/2012 2:49am

The weapons used in the Sandy Hook Elementary school were taken illegally. He stole the weapons from his mother. At that point, he was a criminal. Then he took her life, now a felon. Though the situation at the elementary school was a tragedy, disarming or limiting things like magazines are not the answer for law abiding citizens (which the shooter, I won’t dignify his now non-existence by saying his name, was not a law abiding citizen). Criminals do not care about laws, that’s why they commit crimes. Most criminals do not go through the law system and get their guns legally, yet the law abiding citizens that do not do things like this, get trampled on time, and time again. I should not have laws restricting how I protect my family. What am I to do with a 10round pistol that needs constant reloading against a criminal with an AK47 and a drum magazine? They shouldn’t be adding more laws, they should be revising current laws to keep guns out of criminals and the mentally ill.

• subxero 12/24/2012 2:51am

• Kickedout 01/22/2013 6:31pm

The man or woman is the killer. Be it by hand, knife , fire or gun , what needs to be looked at is the ease that some many people go right to killing.

• Spam Comment