The easiest way to email your members of CongressDonate Now
H.R.3117 - Permanent Electronic Duck Stamp Act of 2011
To grant the Secretary of the Interior permanent authority to authorize States to issue electronic duck stamps, and for other purposes.
|Version||Word Count||Changes From Previous Version||Percent Change|
|Introduced in House||1,320||n/a||n/a|
|Reported in House||1,492||15||18%|
|Engrossed in House||1,336||10||13%|
|Referred in Senate||1,326||5 Show Changes Hide Changes||4%|
Key: changed or removed text inserted or modified text
Loading Bill Text
Rollover any line of text to comment and/or link to it.
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
(1) ACTUAL STAMP- The term ‘actual stamp’ means a Federal migratory-bird hunting and conservation stamp required under the Act of March 16, 1934 (
(A) IN GENERAL- The term ‘automated licensing system’ means an electronic, computerized licensing system used by a State fish and wildlife agency to issue hunting, fishing, and other associated licenses and products.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(B) INCLUSION- The term ‘automated licensing system’ includes a point-of-sale, Internet, telephonic system, or other electronic applications used for a purpose described in subparagraph (A).CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 3. AUTHORITY TO ISSUE ELECTRONIC DUCK STAMPS.
SEC. 4. STATE APPLICATION.
(a) Approval of Application Required- The Secretary may not authorize a State to issue electronic stamps under this Act unless the Secretary has received and approved an application submitted by the State in accordance with this section. The Secretary may determine the number of new States per year to participate in the electronic stamp program.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(1) a description of the format of the electronic stamp that the State will issue under this Act, including identifying features of the licensee that will be specified on the stamp;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(3) a description of the process the State will use to account for and transfer to the Secretary the amounts collected by the State that are required to be transferred to the Secretary under the program;CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(c) Publication of Deadlines, Eligibility Requirements, and Selection Criteria- Not later than 30 days before the date on which the Secretary begins accepting applications under this section, the Secretary shall publish--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 5. STATE OBLIGATIONS AND AUTHORITIES.
(1) REQUIREMENT TO TRANSMIT- The Secretary shall require each State authorized to issue electronic stamps to collect and submit to the Secretary in accordance with this section--CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(2) TIME OF TRANSMITTAL- The Secretary shall require the submission under paragraph (1) to be made with respect to sales of electronic stamps by a State according to the written agreement between the Secretary and the State agency.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(c) Electronic Stamp Issuance Fee- A State authorized to issue electronic stamps may charge a reasonable fee to cover costs incurred by the State and the Department of the Interior in issuing electronic stamps under this Act, including costs of delivery of actual stamps.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(d) Duplicate Electronic Stamps- A State authorized to issue electronic stamps may issue a duplicate electronic stamp to replace an electronic stamp issued by the State that is lost or damaged.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
(e) Limitation on Authority To Require Purchase of State License- A State may not require that an individual purchase a State hunting license as a condition of issuing an electronic stamp under this Act.CommentsClose CommentsPermalink
SEC. 6. ELECTRONIC STAMP REQUIREMENTS; RECOGNITION OF ELECTRONIC STAMP.
SEC. 7. TERMINATION OF STATE PARTICIPATION.
Clerk. 112th CONGRESS 2d Session H. R. 3117 AN ACT
H. R. 3117