H.R.358 - Protect Life Act
To amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to modify special rules relating to coverage of abortion services under such Act. view all titles (5)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to modify special rules relating to coverage of abortion services under such Act. as introduced.
- Short: Protect Life Act as introduced.
- Official: Protect Life Act as introduced.
- Short: Protect Life Act as reported to house.
- Short: Protect Life Act as passed house.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
|Oct 13th||DEBATE - The House proceeded with 10 minutes of debate on the Capps motion to recommit with instructions. The instructions in the motion seek to report the same to the House with an amendment to add language stating that no hospital or health care provider can be exempted from any Federal or State law that requires them to provide any medical examination, treatment, referral, or transfer to prevent the death of a pregnant woman with an emergency medical condition.|
|Oct 13th||The previous question on the motion to recommit with instructions was ordered without objection.|
|Oct 13th||On motion to recommit with instructions Failed by the Yeas and Nays: 173 - 249 (Roll no. 788).|
|Oct 13th||Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.|
|Oct 13th||On passage Passed by recorded vote: 251 - 172 (Roll no. 789).|
|Oct 17th||Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.|